A Perfect Saturday Night

roe4christ

I know what you must be thinking... what is this guy doing up starting a thread at 3:00am in the morning.  Actually here in Indonesia, it is 3:00pm.  Before I get to the topic of the thread, let me just say that I love my Auburn Tigers.  I am from Boaz, Alabama but serving the Lord with my family on a small island in Indonesia.  It is very rare that I get to see the Tigers play anymore, but was suprised this last week to see that ESPN was showing the game here.  I woke up at 7:00am on Sunday morning to watch the game.  Let me say, I was a bit nervous as we reached halftime, but was proud of the adjustments at halftime and an awesome effort the second half.

Now to the topic.  It would be a perfect Saturday night if the following happens:

1. For the first time, our offense spreads the ball all over the field, keeping the Gamecocks off balance and opening up the running game.

2.  Offensive Line plays a lot better than last week.  Opening gapping holes for our backs and strong pass blocking to give Cam time to spread the wealth downfield.

3.  Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.  We commit none while creating 2 interceptions by Garcia and 2 fumble recoveries.

4.  We win the battle of field position. We have no 3 and outs all night resulting in points or keeping the Gamecocks pinned back and making them drive the full length of the field all day.

5. The cornerbacks jam the receivers at the line and the defensive linemen live in the back field preventing Garcia from finding his receivers all night long.

6. We get a referree crew that calls the game fairly for both teams.

7.  The crowd at Jordan-Hare is as awesome this week as it was last week.

8. We jump out quick and never look back.  Would be good to have a nice lead at half and not have to sweat it out again this week.

9. We hold Lattimore under 100 yards rushing, while Dyer becomes the first person to outgain Cam by running for 130-150 yards

10. The good guys outscore the bad guys.

11. We have 3 top recruits commit after the game.

WAR EAGLE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you must be thinking... what is this guy doing up starting a thread at 3:00am in the morning.  Actually here in Indonesia, it is 3:00pm.  Before I get to the topic of the thread, let me just say that I love my Auburn Tigers.  I am from Boaz, Alabama but serving the Lord with my family on a small island in Indonesia.  It is very rare that I get to see the Tigers play anymore, but was suprised this last week to see that ESPN was showing the game here.  I woke up at 7:00am on Sunday morning to watch the game.  Let me say, I was a bit nervous as we reached halftime, but was proud of the adjustments at halftime and an awesome effort the second half.

Now to the topic.  It would be a perfect Saturday night if the following happens:

1. For the first time, our offense spreads the ball all over the field, keeping the Gamecocks off balance and opening up the running game.

2.  Offensive Line plays a lot better than last week.  Opening gapping holes for our backs and strong pass blocking to give Cam time to spread the wealth downfield.

3.  Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.  We commit none while creating 2 interceptions by Garcia and 2 fumble recoveries.

4.  We win the battle of field position. We have no 3 and outs all night resulting in points or keeping the Gamecocks pinned back and making them drive the full length of the field all day.

5. The cornerbacks jam the receivers at the line and the defensive linemen live in the back field preventing Garcia from finding his receivers all night long.

8. We jump out quick and never look back.  Would be good to have a nice lead at half and not have to sweat it out again this week.

9. We hold Lattimore under 100 yards rushing, while Dyer becomes the first person to outgain Cam by running for 130-150 yards

WAR EAGLE

Rather than a perfect Saturday night, this is more like "heavenly" to me.  God bless you, my fellow Auburn Tiger!!  Side note: beware the "big" waves!!!

Well I have to think that the perfect night is coming... Im not sure when though.

I really thought that we were going to open it up against Clemson... althought we eventually did, still took some time to reveal it.

I have a feeling it will be another close game... Chizik seems to like em that way.

As long as we win, im not that concerned, but I hope that if we get a chance to go for the throat... we take it.

amen, great to hear you are serving the Lord in Asia, we are here adopting a little girl in China-just wanted to let you know you can catch Auburn on www.atdhe.net-at least I was able to catch the Clemson game and hopefully will be able to catch the S. Carolina game-war eagle brother

WAR EAGLE

And now we return to the original topic.  War Eagle!  I'll settle for just a third of all that happening.  Actually, I will settle for #10 alone, but all of them would be great.

Well we had a perfect third quarter against Clemson!   ;)

Newton threw an INT..

True, but he did respond with two huge plays for TD's

Aaron, Randy,and BJ all picked USCe to bet us Sat. The reason being they stated was Cam Newton going backward instead of forward since game 1. Did anyone else see this?

:believe:        :believe:            :believe:                :believe:                    :believe:

Seriously 05...Cut it out, now!

Just asking for some fairness.

No, your last post was nothing but antagonizing and inflammatory.  Don't act like your are innocent, you knew exactly what you were doing.  It was written with one purpose, and that was not to "ask for some fairness".  It was a deliberate attempt to incite some retaliatory responses from the others.   Like I said in the previous post, "Cut it out, now!"

No, your last post was nothing but antagonizing and inflammatory.  Don't act like your are innocent, you knew exactly what you were doing.  It was written with one purpose, and that was not to "ask for some fairness".  It was a deliberate attempt to incite some retaliatory responses from the others.   Like I said in the previous post, "Cut it out, now!"

Well, you removed all the other posts about religion but Jackson-Sullivan's stayed so I thought it was an acceptable format.  I praised The Flying Spaghetti Monster and hoped their families would be touched by His Noodly Appendage.

Well, you removed all the other posts about religion but Jackson-Sullivan's stayed so I thought it was an acceptable format.  I praised The Flying Spaghetti Monster and hoped their families would be touched by His Noodly Appendage.

Wow, how old are you?  Anyway, great thread roe4christ! :thumbsup:

No, I removed all post containing religious debate.  I removed yours due to the inflammatory way you chose to continue on.  See the difference now?

No, I removed all post containing religious debate.  I removed yours due to the inflammatory way you chose to continue on.  See the difference now?

Nope, still see the hypocrisy.

Then you truly aren't looking.  If you came onto this thread and said that you praised manicotti for Roe's work, fine, but you didn't.  You chose to engage in a heated 2 and 1/2 pages of religious debate...that was wrong, so I removed them.  You being the enlightened one that you are saw I had left JS's post and thought it was unfair to poor little you, and you chose to post a very inflammatorry post designed specifically to resurect the earlier debate...that waswrong also, so I removed it.  Do you see it now? No hypocrisy, just you losing this debate.

Then you truly aren't looking.  If you came onto this thread and said that you praised manicotti for Roe's work, fine, but you didn't.  You chose to engage in a heated 2 and 1/2 pages of religious debate...that was wrong, so I removed them.  You being the enlightened one that you are saw I had left JS's post and thought it was unfair to poor little you, and you chose to post a very inflammatorry post designed specifically to resurect the earlier debate...that waswrong also, so I removed it.  Do you see it now? No hypocrisy, just you losing this debate.

And yet, the post that started the religious debate remains.  Praise Jesus!

Archived