USCEe game...what would you like to see?

WarEagle10

I remember back in the 80's FSU had a WR named Jesse Hester. The first O play of every game they threw a bomb to him. Everybody knew it was coming, but they still ran it. They were successful more times than not with it also. I would like to see us come out and do that to "soften" up the D. I would also like to see us play 4 quarters of solid football on both sides of the ball. If we can ever do that, I like our chances against anybody we play.

What are some things you would like to see us do, or not do?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Execution, and no penalties on either side of the ball would be a perfect game for me, because if you execute and play a mistake free game, you can't help but win.

:wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

OFFENSE

1. More aggressive play playcalling with a faster pace.

2. Hope that MF and OM are healthy enough to return. (If neither return I honestly dont like our chances)

3. No holding or offsides penalties from the O line.

4. Have another receiver step up other than DA and TZ.

5. Cam be a little more patient with the play....then if necessary take off and use his feet.

6. Cam not "stare down" his receiver. (Hate to single 1 player out but he is the only qb playing)

DEFENSE

1. Have the D line continue to get pressure with 3 or 4.

2. Have the LBs take better pursuit angles.

3 Would LOVE to see a wrap up n tackle rather than lowering a shoulder running full speed at whoever has the ball.

4. The CBs play up on the line rather than backpedding the 1st 12 yds of the route

5. Would LOVE to see just 1 CB to make an effort to look back at the qb to see where hes throwing.(This will minimize some of those bs pass interfernce calls.

SPECIAL TEAMS

1. Wes Byrum to continue to be $

2. DWash to get 1 extra legal block and hes takin it to the house

3. Less holding and personal foul calls on kicks

Offense:

1. A little more aggressive and faster playcalling.

2. Short passes

3. Screen passes

4. Mario Fannin carrying the ball

5. Sullen come in without much of a dropoff from losing AJ

Defense:

1. The line to keep pressuring

2. Keep stufing the run for the most part (this will be pivital next week)

3. Defend against the screen better

Special Teams:

1. Keep doing what you're doing

We are in trouble next Sat. if we cannot get our passing game established early. This is my #1 concern.

I would like to see less Kodi Burns at wideout and more Carr/Blake/Benton/Reed (all have the ability to be bigger threats on the field than Burns, imo). Kodi may have had all camp this year to dedicate 100% of his time at practicing WR, but it's also showing on the field that he has not yet developed into a well-rounded talent at wideout. I think the coaches feel obligated to give him starting playing time as a favor for stepping down at QB and being an unselfish team leader. I think we have much bigger playmakers that can spark some consistency in our pass attack.

Also, I would like to see sustained drives where short and medium range passes keep us rolling on 1st and 10 instead of the go-to run. We have our big pass plays taking a long time to develop and Cam seems be slow in looking to check off his receivers. Instead of a constant vertical passing attack, it would be nice to see some changes in the routes that are run. Cam has to make the smart decisions, and the receivers need to give him some confidence by getting themselves into open space enough to be able to make plays (small or large) on a consistent basis. We've got to have more than one go-to guy. Adams bailed us out on several drives last night.

Spread the ball to numerous offensive playmakers.  Reed, Tight Ends, Smith, OMAC, Dyer, etc. all get 2-5 touches using screens, draws and short passes.  This will open up the long routes and the run.

No penalties

Stevens get his game together or put the Bull back in.

This will probably never happen, but its my opinion.

I want to see less tricky reversey type shenanigans and more basics. Slants, Play action etc.

Utilize Lutz more in the offense.

LESS REVERSES!

We must throw the ball more on first down.  Last night we ran to the point we became predictable and it often had us in hole with a long 2nd down.  We have to come out more agressive with our play calling in the early going.

WarEagle10, I love the idea of a bomb on the first play, Cam has a nice touch on the deep ball.  I don't think they would be expecting it either.    :tdau:

A game that doesnt come down to the last series or overtime.

UGA-2009 AU still had a (long) shot

UA-2009 got beat in the last minute

NWestern-Outback Bowl won in ot

ArkST-NA

MSU-Had chance to win tie in final minute

CU-Had chance to win tie in ot

This will probably never happen, but its my opinion.

I want to see less tricky reversey type shenanigans and more basics. Slants, Play action etc.

Utilize Lutz more in the offense.

LESS REVERSES!

Malzahn does not use reverses as trickery they are a standard part of his game plan...

Spread the ball to numerous offensive playmakers.  Reed, Tight Ends, Smith, OMAC, Dyer, etc. all get 2-5 touches using screens, draws and short passes.  This will open up the long routes and the run.

While the game last night was good, that was my only complaint.  There are too many playmakers on Auburn to have a slow offense.  I love watching Darvin get his grabs, but it hurts me to know that Reed, Lutz, Goodwin, TZac, OMac, Fannin, Smith, Blake, Benton, Kitchens, etc not getting a opportunity.  

It still feels like Malzahn isn't using his playbook.  While Cam is getting much better at the offense, there is still so much more that he can use.  Will get better as time goes on.

A win would be gladly taken.  

I would like to see our offense execute for 4 quarters and cut down on the penalties, better tackling out of our defense and for us to act like Phillip Lutzenkirchen is on our roster.

Archived