We warm up in regular helmets and uniforms, then...

auvt5

Good post. I thought it was going to say AND WE COME OUT IN BLUE!!!

All of my UGA Coworkers are giving me $hit for this.  Saying we are copying them again.

I am not a big fan of the change, but was thinking we do need one sometime.

If we are going to wear them, just come out in them to warm up, no need for the ole switch-a-roo.

If we are going to wear them, just come out in them to warm up, no need for the ole switch-a-roo.

AMEN!  I am not for a change,  but if they do,  I would think the ol' switch-a-roo would be a distraction.

I would rather the team rest,  and get their minds straight for the game.  A little last minute cramming,  or psyching themselves up.... not changing their dress.

Good post. I thought it was going to say AND WE COME OUT IN BLUE!!!

All of my UGA Coworkers are giving me $hit for this.  Saying we are copying them again.

I am not a big fan of the change, but was thinking we do need one sometime.

Tell them we are copying Kentucky. They wear several different uni's. It may throw them off.

We'd definitely not be copying them.  Plenty of teams did this before them.  If they want to get in an argument with you about being copy cats then just go back in history.  They've copied us on several different occasions including helmet logos and stripes on pants.

Don't like changing between warm-ups and kick-off. Helmets are like underwear, need to be broken in and adjusted to accomodate your package (chin strap needs to have your spit, helmet needs to smell like your hair shampoo).  Jerseys have to be swapped, taking away your concentration from game-time thoughts.  Pants, all the most personal, and very hard to swap in a limited amount of time(again, takes away from the task at hand)

I'm an old fart traditionalist and don't think we should mess with perfection but is anybody else here old enough to remember this (cut from Wikipedia)...

1977 - Notre Dame 49, USC 19 “The Green Jersey Game”

Dan Devine entered his third year as the Irish head coach, while[12] coach John Robinson was in his second year at USC following the departure of John McKay to the NFL. Notre Dame sat at 4-1, with an upset loss coming to unranked Ole Miss in the second game of the season.[13] Patience was running thin with Irish fans who considered Devine’s consecutive 8-3 and 9-3 seasons as lackluster compared to what they were accustomed to with coach Ara Parseghian.[13] The loss to Ole Miss only served to fuel the fire.[13] Devine needed a win against the 5-1 Trojans, whose only blemish was a 1 point loss to Alabama.[11][13] Little did anyone know that Devine had something special in mind for the game.[13] During Pregame warmups, the Irish players wore their traditional navy blue jerseys. Following their warmups, they went into the locker room and found co-captains Terry Eurick and Willie Fry clad in emerald green jerseys.[13] A similar green jersey sat in each player’s locker.[13] The players quickly returned to the field, followed by a Trojan Horse, containing team captains Eurick, Fry, Ross Browner and Steve Orsini, being dragged by the Notre Dame cheerleaders.[13] The sight of the team wearing green sent the crowd at Notre Dame Stadium into a frenzy that would carry on through the entire game.[13] Quarterback Joe Montana led the Irish offense to a quick 7-0 lead, but the USC linebacker Mario Celloto tied the score on a five yard fumble return.[13] After several missed field goals, Montana led the offense on a quarterback sneak, and directed the Irish to 28 unanswered points, including two touchdown passes to All-American tight end Ken MacAfee.[13] Ted Burgmeier proved to be an unsung hero. In the second quarter alone, the senior defensive back intercepted a Rob Hertel pass that would have been a sure Trojan touchdown, executed a fake field goal to perfection and turned a botched snap on a point after touchdown into a successful two-point conversion when he lofted a pass to halfback Tom Domin, who made a spectacular catch as he was falling down across the sideline, yet still managed to keep both feet in bounds. While the game was quite sloppy, with both teams combing for 10 turnovers, USC could not find the end zone until the 4th quarter.[13] Notre Dame went on to win the game and wore the green jerseys all the way to a victory over Texas in the Cotton Bowl and captured the National Championship.[12]

As long as we win, I don't care what color we wear.(Well......as long as its not crimson)

We could always copy Lame Kiffin and change at halftime  :laugh:

As long as we win, I don't care what color we wear.(Well......as long as its not crimson)

What's the penalty on that? 15 yards on kickoff? Just curious.

What's the penalty on that? 15 yards on kickoff? Just curious.

Not sure if there is a penalty for the team changing... I just remember him thinking that changing his outfit, after getting spanked by us during the first half of last year's game, would somehow help out.

I have tried to fight off the urge to post the following, but I can't help myself:  

caminallblue.jpg

I have tried to fight off the urge to post the following, but I can't help myself:  

caminallblue.jpg

:bow:

I like how Cam is the only one who is wearing the blue helmet. It reminds me of the captains on a volleyball team wearing a different color jersey.  :laugh:  :P

But in all seriousness, I think it would look good. JMO

Archived