Here. This is what last Thursday's game meant to MSU

VA Tiger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmp5bXeEq1Q

To them, it was the biggest game they have had in years, and they played like it.  We played like an Auburn team that was di-interested, played poorly on offense, and still won.

You can have enourmous talent, but when you play like crap, anybody can beat you.  Just ask Ole Miss or Virginia Tech...and both of them lost at home to Div I AA opponents.  We went it to an incredibly hostile arena and still came away happy

After watching that video, it appears to me that someone was trying to polish the turd that is Ms State football.... When I see record crowd in big letters followed by 56k...I can't help but laugh uncontrollably... I would be embarrassed to see my team put out such a pathetic video. Know your place Ms State......Perennial Doormat :laugh: :laugh:  

WE may be less than excited about a 3 point win over miss st.  But from looking at what they were saying before and after the game that loss broke their fans' spirit.  They realize they threw every trick they had at us and came up empty.  Before the game they thought they would roll us, take lsu, and uga.  Now they are thinkng they will go 5-7 again.  They understand what that game meant and how much they tried to win and still failed.

I, for one, have a lot of respect for Miss St., and Coach Mullen.  They played a tough game, and almost got the win.  I think they are on the rise, and will be good under Mullen.  I hope the shock a few teams this year (LSU and the turds), but I'm not holding my breath. 

This was my first trip to Starkville, and I have to say that their fans were very nice, and it was a great trip.  I hated the cowbells, but that is their tradition, so I didn't let it ruin my experience. 

Still glad we won, though!

About being a program on the rise.....  Who are they going to bump down into the cellar? Bammer isn't going anywhere, we have never been a doormat, LSU seems to be in trouble, but they have the resources to bounce back quick, and Arky is respectable most seasons. Ole Miss is Ole Miss, they have good years and bad, but haven't won a championship since the 60's. It feels good to say MS is a program on the rise, but in reality it's Dan Mullen who is on the rise. If he has a few good years, (7-5 8-4) a bigger, more prominent school will hire him away, and MS will be right back where they always are....... in the basement.

Mississippi State is just a huge question mark to me. Are they a good team, or are they , well, a normal Mississppi State team ? Who knows? I have to think that with the coaching that Mullen has done for the last year and a half they are getting better. We will know in about three weeks either way. If they end up being a good team, then our defense is going to be better than expected because they flat out owned State. On the other hand Clemson is a huge question markd to me as well. We wont know what they, or we have for about 2 more weeks when we play SCAR.

State will beat someone this year that they are not expected to. I am mighty happy that we got out of Starkvegas with a win.

but can't you say that about MS every year?

This is why I was worried about this game, especially on a thursday night.  That game meant much more for MSU as a program than it did to us.  You can never count out a team that has the motivation and desire to win.

Quite honestly I thought the video itself was well done. I give it up to the MSU fans who stick by there team despite constantly working uphill. I also think this game was built up big time and was a must win in their minds. I am not saying a game is never a must win, but I think you all get my point. It was a tough game and Mullen is bringing some pride there.

Will you wear.....................MAROON?

I had to watch this with no sound, looked silly to me but maybe music makes it better?

Glad we beat them, could've gone either way.

Two teams that went 3-5 in the SEC last year: Auburn and State.  If our guys weren't ready to play, then something was wrong.

I believe our guys were ready to play, but they encountered a decent team in a tough environment.

State will beat someone this year that they are not expected to. I am mighty happy that we got out of Starkvegas with a win.

I think they take down LSU, Ole Miss, and either beat the Bammers or at least take them down to the wire.  But right now my main concern is Clemson.  JMO  :wareagle:

It was a day of reckoning alright, the next day,                                                                            MISS ST - I RECKON we should have not swapt out QB's.                                                              I RECKON we should have ran the ball after the onside kick.                                                          I RECKON that reciver ran the wrong route,RECKON if we tied it up we'd a won in OT? :laugh:

This how I feel. MS has to listen about Ole Miss, Auburn has to put up with the uat crap 365 days. It was a good tasteful video about a program trying to better themselves. I think the next two games are just as important to Auburn as Thursday's game was to MS. JMO :) 

:beatmullet:

This how I feel. MS has to listen about Ole Miss, Auburn has to put up with the uat crap 365 days. It was a good tasteful video about a program trying to better themselves. I think the next two games are just as important to Auburn as Thursday's game was to MS. JMO :) 

:beatmullet:

Though it's a lost memory now, the video was nicely done and pretty cool.

Good Luck to Coach Mullen and MSU! I hope they have a successful season, and get into a good Bowl game. I have been to Starkville many times, and I always received great hospitality. The video was nice, and I applaud their efforts to have a winning team.

i agree with those who feel MSU is a much better tean under Mullen. Lets face it, had State not dropped a couple of passes, we might have been the ones with the loss. Glad to see AU could play less than inspired and still come away with a win. I think State will pull off an upset or maybe even two this year.

And it's way uncool to belittle their program, their fans, or their stadium.  They're a tiny school compared to the big kids, and they rock Scott Field.

One of us was dumb enough to refer to them as a cow school.  How does THAT even happen?  :laugh:

Archived