LOTS of recruits visiting this weekend!

DJ_Hatch

There will be around a hundred or so high school prospects in Auburn this weekend to watch the Tigers kick off the 2010 season! Some of these will include...

2011 Prospects

Committed

Chris Landrum

Thomas O'Reilly

Reese Dismukes

Sammie Coates

Jonathan Rose

Anthony Swain

Jabrian Niles

Uncommitted

4* S  Erique Florence (AU leads)

4* OL Greg Robinson (AU in VERY good shape)

4* DT Mickey Johnson (St. Paul's High School - Covington, LA)*

3* WR Cooper Harrington (Briarwood Christian School - Birmingham, AL)

NR ATH Dwayne McCalebb (OMac's brother from Fort Meade HS - Fort Meade, FL)

NR ATH Jamal Golden (Wetumpka HS - Wetumpka, AL)

2012 Prospects

S  Travis Blanks (North Florida Christian School - Tallahasee, FL)

LB  Tre Banks (Williamson HS - Mobile, AL)

ATH Justin Thomas (Prattville HS - Prattville, AL)

2013 Prospects

DE Brian Whitaker (Jeffery's brother from Westside HS - Macon, GA)

*NOTE: Johnson is a Rivals Top 250 guy, who has been VERY hard to read during his recruitment! He is a VERY talented, HIGHLY-coveted 4* DT, who had recently named his "Top 5" as being LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Tennessee, and UCLA. Auburn offered him a while back, and has continued to recruit him... but up until reading on Scout.com that he would be visiting this weekend, I had NO idea that he had any REAL interest in us anymore! I guess, if he indeed DOES show up, then that obviously means that we ARE in the mix! NEVER put ANYTHING past this staff!

Is Shanks not coming with Thomas?

I would think so, but I cannot confirm it at this time. Shanks is VERY high on AU right now!  :wedance:

I would think so, but I cannot confirm it at this time. Shanks is VERY high on AU right now!  :wedance:

I would hate to have a kicker with the last name of Shanks  ;)

The fact that Robinson is visiting is huge news to me.  Paying his way up to see us play in a non marquee matchup shows we definitely lead in my opinion.

I agree 100%

To bad that Reed is not scheduled to play since Robinson is visiting.  I am sure he wanted to see his friend make his college debut!  Maybe Reed can act as his personal tour guide!!!  DWWD!

Hopefully it will be like when you call a bald guy curly or a fat guy slim.

The fact that Robinson is visiting is huge news to me.  Paying his way up to see us play in a non marquee matchup shows we definitely lead in my opinion.

I agree 100%

:)

Are any of these official visits or are they all paying their own way?

I hope that they are all unofficial........would hate to burn an official for this game.

I hope that they are all unofficial........would hate to burn an official for this game.

For a recruit, this might be a great game to visit.  If all goes according to plan, they will get to see many of the freshmen and rs freshmen they will be competing with for the next few years.  Might be an eye-opener for some of them, be it good or bad.  They could realize they could come in and play right away, or they could see that the competition for their position would be stacked.  Any visit to the Plains is a good one, though, because once you get on campus, you just fall in love with Auburn.

For a recruit, this might be a great game to visit.  If all goes according to plan, they will get to see many of the freshmen and rs freshmen they will be competing with for the next few years.  Might be an eye-opener for some of them, be it good or bad.  They could realize they could come in and play right away, or they could see that the competition for their position would be stacked.  Any visit to the Plains is a good one, though, because once you get on campus, you just fall in love with Auburn.

There aren't any positions on the team that are stacked, right now.

thanks DJ! Glad to see a good crop of guys coming to The Plains!!

I think this says a lot about where we stand w/ a few guys and a chance to impress a few...not to mention the usual surprises we have come to know and love from CGC and Co.  :thumbsup:

Question to all, cause we're overwhelming DJ.  How do kids playing in big games tonight get to campuses all over the US for a visit next day?  ( NO Bird, I don't mean by bigbird or bus or whatever).  Their game won't be over until late: do they travel tonight, or early tomorrow?  How do they get a good look?  Doesn't seem like there's enough time.

i

For some reason I read the last name as "Sharks" and I was thinking how awesome that would be  :laugh:

Archived