Marcus Lattimore

WarDamn2010

Looks like steve spurrier finally learned how to run the ball. Also, it appears since he figured out how to do that, South Carolina may be pretty good this year. I'm pretty impressed with Lattimore and S Car.

I thought that I heard them say Lattimore was 230 lbs.  He did not look that big.  But I thought that he looked like he  was hitting the holes and moving pretty well.  Can't wait to see the Number 1 RB recruit this weekend.

I thought that I heard them say Lattimore was 230 lbs.  He did not look that big.  But I thought that he looked like he  was hitting the holes and moving pretty well.  Can't wait to see the Number 1 RB recruit this weekend.

I heard them say that too. There's no way he's 230

Guest simonsez

For a teams running game to pose a serious threat, they need more than 1 back.  I gotta hand it to them though.  They looked pretty balanced.  Much better than last year.

I was hoping he would fumble  :(

Seriously? The kid did nothing but handle himself with class during his whole recruitment.

Didnt necessarily say I was proud for hoping  :P

I was impressed by him myself. I thought he did pretty good for his first game ever, even if it was against a bad defense. I hope he does well, except against Auburn of course. IMHO he was pushed into bad situation.

Guest In the Village

Seriously? The kid did nothing but handle himself with class during his whole recruitment.

I hope he fumbles in three weeks and two days, and I will not feel bad when and if he does, I will be cheering.

I hope he fumbles in three weeks and two days, and I will not feel bad when and if he does, I will be cheering.

i'm with you on that emot-respek.gif

I, personally, was happy for Garcia.  I'm not a fan of ole ball coach, even though I do find him more entertaining as he gets older.  He's put alot of hell on Garcia's plate and it was good to finally see him have a descent ball game.  USCe looked much better than I expected.  I'll be very interested to see their first SEC game.

For a true freshman, ML looked smooth to me!!  I will always wonder what it would have been like to have him and MD together in a backfield.....oh well, I am very happy we got MD.

WDE!

For a true freshman, ML looked smooth to me!!  I will always wonder what it would have been like to have him and MD together in a backfield.....oh well, I am very happy we got MD.

WDE!

I agree.  I was VERY impressed with Lattimore.  As I said when it happened, I don't think the decision to go to S. Carolina was his, but I'm glad to see he's making the best of it.

Schazam!

Garcia looked like a QB for the first time - ever!

Don't think I saw the visor go once this game . . .  .

Man, if you listened to the announcers, you may as well give the NC trophy to USCe now!  They kept heaping praise on Garcia, talking about how awesome he was, and how he was making great decisions and throwing the ball so well.  I didn't watch the entire game, but saw most of it, and I did not agree with their praise.  Granted, he had a good game, but I kept noticing that every ball he threw to Alshon Jeffrey and his other receivers were very high.  Against So. Miss, that will work, but against a tough SEC defense, that is going to get one of them hurt.  When you string out your best receiver, right over the middle of the field, someone is going to level him and he may not get back up.  Maybe it was just first game nerves.

I did think that USCe looked better than I thought they would.  Lattimore is definitely for real, and runs like a beast. 

Did y'all hear the announcers say Lattimore ran a sub 4.2 at one of the camps. Holy wow.

It sucks for him that Spurrier only let him get 52 yards, but at least he made two touchdowns.

While the young man is only a true frosh and will certainly get better (unless of course he is another Alley Broussard or Justin Vincent), 15 carries for 54 and a 3.6 ypc average isn't to great of numbers (especially against a USM defense). Jmo, but I think Marcus is in for a long year running behind that USCe O-line. Does it mean I don't think he can be good? No. Of course not. However, I'm not drooling over him just yet.

While the young man is only a true frosh and will certainly get better (unless of course he is another Alley Broussard or Justin Vincent), 15 carries for 54 and a 3.6 ypc average isn't to great of numbers (especially against a USM defense). Jmo, but I think Marcus is in for a long year running behind that USCe O-line. Does it mean I don't think he can be good? No. Of course not. However, I'm not drooling over him just yet.

Me either.....

Archived