Trovon Reed likly out for opener.

AUinEM

If he wont be ready for the opener then he probably wont be ready M St. Chizik needs to make sure hes ready to go for Clemson.

Yeah, I'd love to see him play againt Arky St. just to see what he looks like running around out there, but we don't NEED him for the opener. If he needs to rest, so be it. I think we will see him in the Miss. St. game though.

If he wont be ready for the opener then he probably wont be ready M St. Chizik needs to make sure hes ready to go for Clemson.

You better call Coach Chizick, just in case he forgets :rolleyes:  :tease:

Coaches are playing this one (like all injuries) close to the vest.  They have plans for Reed to contribute this season, and I think we will see him on Saturday.  We won't see a lot of him, but he will get in there and get a few reps.  

Coaches are playing this one (like all injuries) close to the vest.  They have plans for Reed to contribute this season, and I think we will see him on Saturday.  We won't see a lot of him, but he will get in there and get a few reps.  

And probably a TD.  The kid is ELECTRIC!

While I am exited about seeing Trovon Reed on the field, he is NOT a starter and unless is he going to see SIGNIFICANT playing time do we really want to burn a redshirt season for him?  According to the depth chart link below, Trovon is the #3 punt returner, and #3 H- back......just sayin'

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=17995.msg327584#msg327584

While I am exited about seeing Trovon Reed on the field, he is NOT a starter and unless is he going to see SIGNIFICANT playing time do we really want to burn a redshirt season for him?  According to the depth chart link below, Trovon is the #3 punt returner, and #3 half back......just sayin'

H-BACK

While I am exited about seeing Trovon Reed on the field, he is NOT a starter and unless is he going to see SIGNIFICANT playing time do we really want to burn a redshirt season for him?  According to the depth chart link below, Trovon is the #3 punt returner, and #3 half back......just sayin'

The #3 H-Back part is very misleading. He WILL contribute this year.  Different H-Backs will be in at different times and for certain schemes.  Trovon is a playmaker and the coaches know that. While he might not be on the field for this game, I believe it'll be for precaution purposes only. 

The #3 H-Back part is very misleading. He WILL contribute this year.  Different H-Backs will be in at different times and for certain schemes.  Trovon is a playmaker and the coaches know that. While he might not be on the field for this game, I believe it'll be for precaution purposes only. 

While I am not disputing that Reed is a playmaker, my question is whether or not he will make enough plays in 2010 to justify not redshirting him.  Can you imagine the possibilities of Reed as a 5th year senior?

He WILL NOT REDSHIRT this year unless it is a medical redshirt due to an injury (not the bruised knee cap).

I would also want to protect his health, but a bruised knee is not putting his health at risk.  Also, I would rather his first carry/reception/return not be in an SEC game on the road before a hostile crowd.  Expect him to get a few reps and get rid of the butterflies this weekend. 

While I am not disputing that Reed is a playmaker, my question is whether or not he will make enough plays in 2010 to justify not redshirting him.  Can you imagine the possibilities of Reed as a 5th year senior?

With all due respect, barring SERIOUS injury, I don't see any way Reed is here for 5 years.  If he is good enough to give us a reason to "imagine the possibilities of [him] as a 5th year senior", then he'll be on his way to the NFL.

The idea of redshirting elite playmakers such as Dyer and Reed is rare--these kids want to play now, excel, and hit the NFL.  Sure, they'll be great additions to the Auburn Family, but their main goal is the NFL.

As for making enough plays...I could easily see him gaining 700 yards and scoring 5 TDs this year...and that's a pretty nice contribution.  He'll get as many touches as any of the other H-back options...regardless of where he is on the depth chart.

While I am exited about seeing Trovon Reed on the field, he is NOT a starter and unless is he going to see SIGNIFICANT playing time do we really want to burn a redshirt season for him?  According to the depth chart link below, Trovon is the #3 punt returner, and #3 H- back......just sayin'

Trovon Reed is not in any red shirt plans. The only way a red shirt will happen is if he sustains a substantial injury.

Heard on Jox 94.5 around lunch time today that Chizik is quoted as saying T. Reed was a "gametime decision" for Ark. St.  I think he will get some reps in that game, to work out the butterflies and see some of the speed of the game.  I don't really want him thrown in the fire in the Miss St. game with no college experience, but that's just me.  I wouldn't be surprised if Chizik and company aren't just saying this, and then have him come out on the first punt to electrify the crowd!!

Archived