Masoli denied waiver

Ed_

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I can find and I'm still wondering the same thing.  He had is undergrad and both sides had to know that he would have to enroll in a grad program that Oregon didn't have available. 

Looks like there's something about a one year residency requirement.  Not sure if that is the same as the requirement to sit out for a year or just usually coincides.

I believe in second chances, I was hoping he could turn his life around.  :dunno:

I think he has had more than a couple, come to think of it?

A part of me wanted to see his numbers drop playing against the SEC, to further prove that we have the strongest confrence!!

Does all of the above put together make me a bad person :(

Man, that IS bad news for the Nutt.  How did no one know this was a concern prior to today?  Seems like the NCAA clearinghouse or whoever this is because of simply takes their sweet time and lets the teams know RIGHT before the season starts.  I seem to recall this same crap happening with Chris Slaughter and some others for AU.

I believe in second chances, I was hoping he could turn his life around.  :dunno:

He did have a second chance after his arrest for burglary, but then he got caught with marijauna and was kicked off Oregon's team.

In all fairness he is still getting a second chance.  They cleared him to play in 2011 so he still get's most of if not all of grad school paid for plus it teaches him a pretty valuable life lesson in that you can't keep screwing up and hope someone (or some institution) will get you out of the mess.  

In all fairness he is still getting a second chance.  They cleared him to play in 2011 so he still get's most of if not all of grad school paid for plus it teaches him a pretty valuable life lesson in that you can't keep screwing up and hope someone (or some institution) will get you out of the mess.  

We will certainly see what he is made of if they loose the appeal and has to stay out of trouble thru 2011.

I seriously doubt he plays college football if his appeal is denied.  He will be playing in the CFL then possibly try the NFL as a Free Agent.

Sucks for Ole Nutt and the Rebs. Bringing him in was a big gamble from the beginning and it was part of the reason Raymond Cotton packed his bags and left. So they lost two QBs with that decision. Its gonna be a long season for them. Nutt basically made him the starter right off the bat without him earning it much like Coach O did with Brent Schaffer a few years ago.

Jeremy Schad just reported on espn that he believes the NCAA looks at his transfer as a way to get around the spirit of the waiver transfer rules. That rule is for players who have done things the right way which JM hasn't. He's doing this to get around a suspension. They don't want this to start a trend of players leaving one FBS school for another to get around the former schools suspension. Ole Miss has filed an appeal which is scheduled to be heard on Sept. 10. Schad doesn't expect the decision to be overturned.

Spirit of the rules means that particular rule was made for players who have done things the right way at one school on and off the field. They have gotten their degree but still has eligibility left. They can leave school A and transfer to school B. School B must offer a graduate program that school A doesn't offer. A player can transfer in search of playing time under those conditions. He is violating the spirit of the rules because the only reason he's doing this is because he's suspended for the year by Oregon. Had he stayed out of trouble he would be playing this year. It has nothing to do with depth chart issues, which is what players use the rule for. Why reward a guy for not doing things the right way? Does that make any sense?

Archived