Greg Robinson Update

Jonesy

I talked to a friend of mine that assists the LSU football program and he was able to give me some insight on Greg Robinson.

First off, he did not skip an LSU camp to visit Auburn. He was at the LSU camp and my friend actually had Greg in his group. He was able to talk to him a bit and Greg Robinson told him that Auburn and LSU were completely tied. He also told me that he believes the outcome of LSU's season will be the deciding factor for Greg's recruitment.

His best friend is 2012 recruit Trey Grainer, but I'm unsure if Grainer's recruitment will effect Greg's, and vise versa.

Seems like positive news to me. It's going to be a tough battle for him down the stretch.

War Eagle!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I talked to a friend of mine that assists the LSU football program and he was able to give me some insight on Greg Robinson.

First off, he did not skip an LSU camp to visit Auburn. He was at the LSU camp and my friend actually had Greg in his group. He was able to talk to him a bit and Greg Robinson told him that Auburn and LSU were completely tied. He also told me that he believes the outcome of LSU's season will be the deciding factor for Greg's recruitment.

His best friend is 2012 recruit Trey Grainer, but I'm unsure if Grainer's recruitment will effect Greg's, and vise versa.

Seems like positive news to me. It's going to be a tough battle for him down the stretch.

War Eagle!

Thanks for the inside nugget Jonesy. For what it's worth I don't think Grainer will have an effect on Robinson and I think he ends up at AU. I've been wrong before and may be this time, but that's what I think anyway. WDE!

I may be way out in left field,  but I get the feeling when i read..." He also told me that he believes the outcome of LSU's season will be the deciding factor for Greg's recruitment."..  that some people at LSU are not too happy with Miles.  If their season doesn't go great,  Miles may be out.    Smart move by Greg,  if miles can keep skating by.  I  feel miles is on his way out in the next couple years either way.

Hey Mayor of Chillville I have followed your posts for a couple of years now and I enjoy all the info ST, you, and the mods provide.

I know you have given an offensive list of prospects and a defensive list of prospects for the recruitniks but I know this list is dynamic and new names have surfaced since April, May, and June.

I used to be AUPerception on the autigers.com board and I remember you did a Top 40 early look of prospects. I know we are now over half way home with the 2011 prospects. But will you do an updated list soon of both offense and defense of where AU may seek prospects the rest of the way?

Guest WarTiger

War Eagle!

Memphisplaya?

Guess we need to beat LSU extra bad then.  :laugh:

I think we owe them at least a tiny tail whipping.

Only going by what I just read here, I took it as if AU and LSU were to have equally successful seasons, he would lean more toward LSU. But then his 50/50 statement leads me to believe he thinks AU has a better chance of success. That's my take on it.

War Eagle!

Jonesy, did he attend LSU's copycat family day? Wasn't it the same weekend as BCII? I don't remember anyone saying he skipped an LSU camp to visit AU.

Hey Mayor of Chillville I have followed your posts for a couple of years now and I enjoy all the info ST, you, and the mods provide.

I know you have given an offensive list of prospects and a defensive list of prospects for the recruitniks but I know this list is dynamic and new names have surfaced since April, May, and June.

I used to be AUPerception on the autigers.com board and I remember you did a Top 40 early look of prospects. I know we are now over half way home with the 2011 prospects. But will you do an updated list soon of both offense and defense of where AU may seek prospects the rest of the way?

Thanks for the comments bud. Glad you're here. Always like to hear from the folks who followed some of my posts back then. We'll probably do another recruiting trail before too much longer. We've just been so busy lately with all of the commits and such. Maybe sometime in August before the season starts we can do another one for you. WDE!

Would it be an NCAA violation if I sent Greg Robinson his own personal fax machine for his LOI so that Lorio and Co. can't  try and pull the same act as last year with TR?

Guest WarTiger

War Eagle!

Memphisplaya?

Edit: Haha looks like I made it onto ole turddroppings. Those idiots are predictable.

War Eagle!

Jonesy, did he attend LSU's copycat family day? Wasn't it the same weekend as BCII? I don't remember anyone saying he skipped an LSU camp to visit AU.

Not sure?  :dunno:

LSU's Family Day was the same week end as BCII.

Greg Robinson was at BCII. Hung out with Reese, Thomas, Kiehl, Dakota Mosely and Mike Dyer.

LSU's Family Day was the same week end as BCII.

Greg Robinson was at BCII. Hung out with Reese, Thomas, Kiehl, Dakota Mosely and Mike Dyer.

Well he was in elite company for sure!  :thumbsup:

I wonder if that coach over there at Thibodeaux(sp) is going to try and pull the same crap he did last year with Trovon.  Do any of you think he even realized how classless he was last year?

Any idea on what other OT's we could possibly sign besides Robinson?

Xzavier Ward, Aaron Morris, Antonio Richardson, and Terry Bell.

Guest WarTiger

IF we get Bell, Id much rather see him at DT than OG(think he is a guard in our system because of his pulling skills). Dude is a freak athlete for a big guy

IF we get Bell, Id much rather see him at DT than OG(think he is a guard in our system because of his pulling skills). Dude is a freak athlete for a big guy

I agree 100%, but he could really play any spot on the o-line if he needed too.

Archived