Kwon Alexander

newtonheisman

It mostly means that we won't ever have to play against Kwon as he won't step foot on the field at Bama.  It's a shame that he doesn't see that he doesn't fit that system.  Good luck to him at whatever school he gets processed to in a few years.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news. Smuphy and others with Auburn connections now saying Kwon did get an offer from Bammer and will not choose Auburn.

I guess that means they missed on one of the higher priorities.   :dunno:

Or a lower priority just got a "process" phone call.

Bad news. Smuphy and others with Auburn connections now saying Kwon did get an offer from Bammer and will not choose Auburn.

To be honest it probably means with their last spot or 2 they took the best overall player on the board. That's what teams in the NFL do in the draft.

To be honest it probably means with their last spot or 2 they took the best overall player on the board. That's what teams in the NFL do in the draft.

Last spot or two???  How mnay spots they got?

Saban's paranoia that causes him to try to get every LB and DB before we do, still isn't going to help him if we keeping the offensive players we do. He can still only play 4 or 5 at a time even if he has 30 5*s on the team. Maybe someday the recruits will wise up. Until then South Alabama will be taking the saban rejects with open arms.  

Last spot or two???   How mnay spots they got?

Saban can just pull another offer from a lower priority commit to make room, heck he just did a week or so ago.

I am not surprised by this at all. I imagine a lot of folks aren't. Just sorta seemed like it was gonna happen IMO. I've been kinda waiting on it. Oh well, everyone isn't blessed enough to come here I guess.

this situation reminds me so much of Brent Calloway.  Maybe Kwon should call him up and see how he's enjoying sniffing the scout team.

It mostly means that we won't ever have to play against Kwon as he won't step foot on the field at Bama.  It's a shame that he doesn't see that he doesn't fit that system.  Good luck to him at whatever school he gets processed to in a few years.

They are recruiting him as a safety. He has the same body type as Barron and Sunseri. I hate when you guys say this over and over again. Just because a kid picks the updykes over us doesn't mean he's destined to ride the pine. There have been many freshman and sophomores that have played for saban the last couple of years. It's almost like y'all think they are good enough for us but not them. Let's get over the inferiority complex. Our standards are just as high.

I haven't given up on him yet. 

Don't. He just said Kwon is toughest recruit he ever read and would not surprise him if Kwon went to AU, Bammer, or LSU.

They are recruiting him as a safety. He has the same body type as Barron and Sunseri. I hate when you guys say this over and over again. Just because a kid picks the updykes over us doesn't mean he's destined to ride the pine. There have been many freshman and sophomores that have played for saban the last couple of years. It's almost like y'all think they are good enough for us but not them. Let's get over the inferiority complex. Our standards are just as high.

Well said.

I've got no problems with how KA played it. He wanted to go to you UAT. He did not commit to anyone else only to change later. He took a little bit of a gamble but if that is what he wants that is fine. I do not believe AU was ever going to land him. What I hope it means that one of UAT bigger fish got away.

So Kwon was an AU fan growing up?

If I was a fan of a team and could play scholarship sports there, I certainly wouldn't go to their rival.

Last spot or two???   How mnay spots they got?

27 to 28. But 2 of their current commits will not sign. 1 due to grades and the other to a gray shirt.

I agree. The whole "he comes here great, he chooses Bammer he rides the pine" thing is very lame and does have a bit of inferiority to it.

Except for a few things.

1)  Kwon isn't a safety.  He doesn't project to be a safety and he isn't going to be a good safety.  If they are recruiting him as something other than a LB then it is as a nickle or rover or bandit.  

2)  Bama already has comittments from the #1 and #2 safety prospects.  This is coming off a year when they got the #1 safety (Dix?).

3)  The situation has nothing to do with standards.  Some kids fit into some positions better than others.  Courtney Upshaw was amazing in the 3-4 system.  He wouldn't have been nearly as productive in a 4-3 where he isn't as free to move about as a Jack.  

This has nothing to do with me thinking he isn't good enough to play football anywhere he goes.  This is about the fact that he would be going to a school where he would be at a severe disadvantage by changing positions and trying to learn while being way behind the curve.  I don't care about the Auburn vs Alabama aspect at all.  I care that this 18yo kid is throwing a lot away just to go to Alabama instead of doing the logical thing and going somewhere that he can develop as a player and actually see the field.

Bottom line is that whether he is happy there or unhappy, plays or doesn't play, if he's not in O&B it doesn't help us at all.  

Any idea about the timing of the offer? I am wondering if maybe they bailed on Collins or he bailed on them.

Any idea about the timing of the offer? I am wondering if maybe they bailed on Collins or he bailed on them.

I don't see why he would want to go there knowing that he is just a player saban is settling on and not someone he really wanted to start with. That makes him even more likely to be towards the front of the list to get processed out as soon as saban finds someone and need a spot open.

They are recruiting him as a safety. He has the same body type as Barron and Sunseri. I hate when you guys say this over and over again. Just because a kid picks the updykes over us doesn't mean he's destined to ride the pine. There

have been many freshman and sophomores that have played for saban the last couple of years. It's almost like y'all think they are good enough for us but not them. Let's get over the inferiority complex. Our standards are just as high.

Except for a few things.

1)  Kwon isn't a safety.  He doesn't project to be a safety and he isn't going to be a good safety.  If they are recruiting him as something other than a LB then it is as a nickle or rover or bandit.  

I can't prove that is the position that he his being recruited for, but that is the word from this site. Point still stands he has the same body type as Mosely and Depriest out of HS.

2)  Bama already has comittments from the #1 and #2 safety prospects.  This is coming off a year when they got the #1 safety (Dix?).

Two years he'll be in the 2-deep. He's that good.

3)  The situation has nothing to do with standards.  Some kids fit into some positions better than others.  Courtney Upshaw was amazing in the 3-4 system.  He wouldn't have been nearly as productive in a 4-3 where he isn't as free to move about as a Jack.  

I understand the difference in personnel. Has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Kwon has a place in either system.

This has nothing to do with me thinking he isn't good enough to play football anywhere he goes.  This is about the fact that he would be going to a school where he would be at a severe disadvantage by changing positions and trying to learn while being way behind the curve.  I don't care about the Auburn vs Alabama aspect at all.  I care that this 18yo kid is throwing a lot away just to go to Alabama instead of doing the logical thing and going somewhere that he can develop as a player and actually see the field.

He'll play at either school. He would start earlier at AU because of talent. Sorry for being snappy. I just see this all the time. It's very annoying. Whatever choice he makes will be a good choice. The NFL loves the bammer brand right now.

Archived