Kwon Alexander

newtonheisman

I am not sure why folks believe he is coming to AU. The guy has had every opportunity to commit to AU over the last month or so but has not done it. I believe we are his last fall back position. He does not want to be here. It happens and so be it.

Largely agree. People around him don't want him going to AU either.  I am ok with that though.  If he ends up here, I am highly skeptical he will succeed if he doesn't really want to be here.  Same reason I will be shocked if Calloway is ever more than a role player for bama.

It's as much about this as anything. The people around him DESPISE Auburn and won't allow him to come to Auburn.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure why folks believe he is coming to AU. The guy has had every opportunity to commit to AU over the last month or so but has not done it. I believe we are his last fall back position. He does not want to be here. It happens and so be it.

I also believe Auburn is Kwon's 3rd choice.  With LSU losing come committs they now have room for Kwon.  If several people fall through at bama they may have room.

I grew up in Anniston/Oxford so I know how those people feel about Auburn. In their heads, we'll always be the red headed stepchild that eats their dinner after everyone else in the family is done.

Funny, o'l Laura McKeenan on 97.3 yesterday referred to Kwon as a "lifelong Auburn fan" whom she was certain had been leaning to Auburn for nearly a year.

Guess that's why I get my recruiting info here instead of from the "experts" on the radio.

Funny, o'l Laura McKeenan on 97.3 yesterday referred to Kwon as a "lifelong Auburn fan" whom she was certain had been leaning to Auburn for nearly a year.

Guess that's why I get my recruiting info here instead of from the "experts" on the radio.

It's funny how certain areas lean toward one team or another, at least in perception. I'm amazed at how many Bama fans--at least I perceive--are in Russell county, Phenix city, etc. Well, maybe Kwon is a lifelong AU fan and will rain on the Oxford parade.

BMatt just made his latest picks and he picked Kwon to LSU.

Who exactly did BMatt picked to Auburn? He picked Goldman to FSU and Kwon to LSU but who does he have Auburn finishing with?

Louis, Diggs, AY, Kozan L Williams, and Moore

Never thought we would get either of them anyway. If we close with those guys, I would be pretty freaking pumped. What does he say about Armistead? Oregon?

Just did not pick him to AU.

BMatt just made his latest picks and he picked Kwon to LSU.

Who exactly did BMatt picked to Auburn? He picked Goldman to FSU and Kwon to LSU but who does he have Auburn finishing with?

Louis, Diggs, AY, Kozan L Williams, and Moore

Nothing wrong with closing with that list.

:wareagle:

Um, no kidding... considering that list includes 1 5*, 4 4*, and 1 3*. That would be incredible.

With all due respect to hopefully future AU Tiger in Moore, ESPN has him as a 4* not a 3 *.

^^^^You got that right!!^^^^ I work in Oxford...it's horrible!!

i also work in oxford and can attest to the fact that oxford is full of no teeth havin, sister kissin Bammers

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Okay, I am from Anniston and still live in the area (Jacksonville), now I find out that A4E is from the area and everybody knows whats up around here except the folks that actually live around here. Go figure.  He and his momma are auburn fans.  The decision will be based on supply and demand...mmkay.

:we::believe::we:

well i'm in the area and i won't act like i know something that no one else knows.

i have heard some folks say they know where he is going. I've heard he likes this school or that school but i believe them to be talking out of their asses.

No one knows, it's all spectulation until the ink is dry on the LOI.

Okay, I am from Anniston and still live in the area (Jacksonville), now I find out that A4E is from the area and everybody knows whats up around here except the folks that actually live around here. Go figure.  He and his momma are auburn fans.  The decision will be based on supply and demand...mmkay.

a4e lives in Fultondale?  That would make it even more difficult to know the situation. 

I am from Anniston and can testify that there is a strong infestation of radical UAT fans in the area... Not moderate fans that you can find in other places ...

However, the AU fans have really increased in numbers over the years... We had 30 +/- kids from my AHS graduating class to go to school together at AU...

a4e lives in Fultondale?  That would make it even more difficult to know the situation. 

Other a4e, brother by another mother.  :laugh:

Where does all the talk of KA conidering a greyshirt from UA, I do not buy it, he is one of the few LB who is ranked that high on ALL boards. I have not seen any quotes from him or his coaches stating such. I also do not see Saban taking some of the committments he is taking over KA.

I mean they have a LB that jumped into the top 100 that has an offer list that does not include anyone above Southern Miss and Memphis.  :dunno:

Other a4e, brother by another mother.   :laugh:

:dunno:  Not me.

We came back from AU one night after a game and stopped at that Waffle House in Oxford right there by the Mall.NEVER , EVER AGAIN, will we stop there. We walked in dressed in all our AU gear, and it was FULL of bammers,and they let us know in no uncertain words that we were not wanted in there.We finished our food without saying anything back to them, cause GOD knows I didnt have to have any food cause I had to chew my tongue to stop from saying something to these horrible people.This wasnt just people working there, but they were chiming in with the Bammers in there. I started to call the manager and complain, but it just reinforced what we already knew. Bammers have NO CLASS ! We went in the Mall there in Oxford another day and I had on my AU shirt and was told there too, that .. we're Bama fans.So, I told her I was sorry and Id pray for her to see the light.I can see how he might be influenced to become a bammer if the majority of people around him act like the few we've met in Oxford did.

I used to work in Anniston for about 20 years. Of course that was about 15 years ago. Things were much different then. But I am not surprised by the actions of the turd fan base there now. But I know I had alot of AU fans in the area who I used to hang with.

Where does all the talk of KA conidering a greyshirt from UA, I do not buy it, he is one of the few LB who is ranked that high on ALL boards. I have not seen any quotes from him or his coaches stating such. I also do not see Saban taking some of the committments he is taking over KA.

I mean they have a LB that jumped into the top 100 that has an offer list that does not include anyone above Southern Miss and Memphis.   :dunno:

Saban would take him just to keep from signing with AU or LSU.

I mean they have a LB that jumped into the top 100 that has an offer list that does not include anyone above Southern Miss and Memphis.   :dunno:

Saban would take him just to keep from signing with AU or LSU.

I honestly believe this for one reason and one reason alone: not only would it keep him from playing in a scheme better suited for his abilities at their two biggest rival schools but it wouldn't be a wasted scholarship bc at worst Kwon would an absolute special teams demon, a la Craig Sanders. This is why I believe Saban has a legitimate desire to sign Kwon.

Archived