Kwon Alexander

newtonheisman

Members, remember that Kwon is still uncommitted and Auburn is very high on his list.  Please be careful what you post about this recruit.  Thanks.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because he visited turdtown, don't concede him yet!

Maybe he is visiting so the turd fans don't harass him for not giving them a real look. I am sure he can tell how crowded they are at LB. All he has to do is see through all the crap Saban feeds him all weekend.

PI i bet u Calloway never sees the field>

Not if he stays at running back.

Chizik took over a thin roster with little talent beyond the starters. Knee high took over a bama team NOT short on numbers and with more talent. He did his usual rock solid job recruiting and upgrading talent and talent depth. He is just reloading and can burn a scholly here and there as he has done to keep a player from us if they are willing to participate or fall for knee high's BS. Knee high is a win at all cost coach working for a win at all cost program. This will not stop until we are reloading ourselves.

War Eagle !

Chizik took over a thin roster with little talent beyond the starters. Knee high took over a bama team NOT short on numbers and with more talent. He did his usual rock solid job recruiting and upgrading talent and talent depth. He is just reloading and can burn a scholly here and there as he has done to keep a player from us if they are willing to participate or fall for knee high's BS. Knee high is a win at all cost coach working for a win at all cost program. This will not stop until we are reloading ourselves.

War Eagle !

Ding ding ding!

War Eagle !

If that is true (not that I think it is) we have got em right where we want them if they are more concerned about and spending their time plotting to keep a guy away from us than they are about signing guys to help their team.  

I am guessing if they had a scholly to burn, Saban might like to have another kicker from which to choose and I am pretty sure NS knows that Arky and LSU finished ahead of us in the west and A & M is a coming. If he gets preoccupied, or even distracted, with us,  he knows someone else will kick his A**.

I think a lot of fans just assume that coaches are as obsessed with what their arch rival is doing as some of the fans are.  Other than game week, I just don't think that is the case.

I just can't see him signing with the little man but who knows.

I think it's pretty clear that Kwon has always liked bama over Auburn. The only way we get him is if bama doesn't have room.

LSU is also sitting there, if nicky doesn't make room.

Who knows........He may not be visiting, because we have moved on.

You must not live in the state of Alabama.

Me? I have never had a license plate on my car that didn't say Heart of Dixie. However, I do have a dual residence, I live in both the state of Alabama and the State of Reality.   :tease:

That being the case you would know that recruiting practices of this nature have been going on since Bear Bryant was coaching.  ;D

:we:

That being the case you would know that recruiting practices of this nature have been going on since Bear Bryant was coaching.  ;D

nah, improper recruiting started long before Bryant. I am not saying that you UAT crowd is not evil, I am just saying they are not stupid. 

I don't put NS above improper recruiting. However, I do believe he is smart enough not to cut his nose off to spite his ugly face and he wants the best 85 he can get on his roster, down to the last player.

I will concede one point. I can see if NS had a choice between two equally talented players,  one deciding between PSU and UAT and the other deciding between UAT and AU (or any other SEC west team) that he would take the guy that was going to the other SEC school. I think we would do the same.

However, he is not going to pass on someone he thinks might be able to help him win just to take a guy he does not need just to keep us from getting him.

If NS is signing guys he thinks are not good enough to actually play for him just to keep us from getting them, then he is doing us a favor. I don't want us signing guys that aren't good enough to play for NS either.

nah, improper recruiting started long before Bryant. I am not saying that you UAT crowd is not evil, I am just saying they are not stupid. 

I don't put NS above improper recruiting. However, I do believe he is smart enough not to cut his nose off to spite his ugly face and he wants the best 85 he can get on his roster, down to the last player.

I will concede one point. I can see if NS had a choice between two equally talented players,  one deciding between PSU and UAT and the other deciding between UAT and AU (or any other SEC west team) that he would take the guy that was going to the other SEC school. I think we would do the same.

However, he is not going to pass on someone he thinks might be able to help him win just to take a guy he does not need just to keep us from getting him.

If NS is signing guys he thinks are not good enough to actually play for him just to keep us from getting them, then he is doing us a favor. I don't want us signing guys that aren't good enough to play for NS either.

Petey Smith and Tana Patrick both say hello.

Wow! The last 4 pages of this thread is downright comical. Bammer does not even have a spot open for Kwon. LSU is the real team we have to worry about here.

Wow! The last 4 pages of this thread is downright comical. Bammer does not even have a spot open for Kwon. LSU is the real team we have to worry about here.

I thought what was being said was that Saban was going to cut a couple off the current commitment list to make room for some other higher ranked recruits.

I thought what was being said was that Saban was going to cut a couple off the current commitment list to make room for some other higher ranked recruits.

Cut is probably not the right word. They have 2 commits that will not qualify so they will not sign them to have room for higher rated recruits but kwon is not one of the higher rated recruits on Bammer's board. The only position Bama would have kwon at is safety but Bammer is done at safety in this class and they don't like coverage skills as a potential safety. The onlu way Bammer accepts a commitment from Kwon is if they miss on 6 or 7 other guys.

War Eagle !

If that is true (not that I think it is) we have got em right where we want them if they are more concerned about and spending their time plotting to keep a guy away from us than they are about signing guys to help their team.  

I am guessing if they had a scholly to burn, Saban might like to have another kicker from which to choose and I am pretty sure NS knows that Arky and LSU finished ahead of us in the west and A & M is a coming. If he gets preoccupied, or even distracted, with us,  he knows someone else will kick his A**.

I think a lot of fans just assume that coaches are as obsessed with what their arch rival is doing as some of the fans are.  Other than game week, I just don't think that is the case.

Well, actually, Saban does have a kicker committed. And Corey Grant is a perfect example of how wrong you are about Saban caring about our recruiting, because Grant was never going to see the field at Alabama. Saban just wanted to prove that he could get whoever he wanted by going into our backyard (Opelika) and taking a guy who would have been perfect for our offense. The fact that he transferred to Auburn, choosing to pay his own way to do so because Alabama didn't release him, speaks volumes of what he saw there. Had he come to Auburn initially, he would been the Tre Mason of the national championship team. At Alabama, he was promised a shot at tailback, but I believe played scout team corner during his redshirt season.

Now, just because Saban is concerned with our recruiting and trying to screw us up doesn't mean that he is more concerned about us than he is about his own class, only that he is concerned about us. If you hadn't noticed, he's put together a pretty talented group every year he's been in Tuscaloosa...and, for that matter, Baton Rouge too.

Cut is probably not the right word. They have 2 commits that will not qualify so they will not sign them to have room for higher rated recruits but kwon is not one of the higher rated recruits on Bammer's board. The only position Bama would have kwon at is safety but Bammer is done at safety in this class and they don't like coverage skills as a potential safety. The onlu way Bammer accepts a commitment from Kwon is if they miss on 6 or 7 other guys.

Hence the reason I said if he signs with Bama, then it was purely to keep him away from us. Because he knows how good Alexander could be in our 4-3 system.

War Eagle !

Well, actually, Saban does have a kicker committed. And Corey Grant is a perfect example of how wrong you are about Saban caring about our recruiting, because Grant was never going to see the field at Alabama. Saban just wanted to prove that he could get whoever he wanted by going into our backyard (Opelika) and taking a guy who would have been perfect for our offense. The fact that he transferred to Auburn, choosing to pay his own way to do so because Alabama didn't release him, speaks volumes of what he saw there. Had he come to Auburn initially, he would been the Tre Mason of the national championship team. At Alabama, he was promised a shot at tailback, but I believe played scout team corner during his redshirt season.

Now, just because Saban is concerned with our recruiting and trying to screw us up doesn't mean that he is more concerned about us than he is about his own class, only that he is concerned about us. If you hadn't noticed, he's put together a pretty talented group every year he's been in Tuscaloosa...and, for that matter, Baton Rouge too.

I follow what you are saying, but my point is if Saban could have gotten a better player than Corey Grant, one he thought would contribute more, he would have taken that player. If he took Grant, he did so because he was the best player (or as good as any other player) he had a shot at. If the man is taking the best players he can possibility get, I can't fault him, that is what he is supposed to be doing.

I really really hope we grab Kwon. His film is so exciting to watch. He is one of the fastest linebackers I have ever seen and he don't tackle people but he knocks them the EFFF out!!!!

I follow what you are saying, but my point is if Saban could have gotten a better player than Corey Grant, one he thought would contribute more, he would have taken that player. If he took Grant, he did so because he was the best player (or as good as any other player) he had a shot at. If the man is taking the best players he can possibility get, I can't fault him, that is what he is supposed to be doing.

And for that reason, I doubt he's going to take Kwon because he can get players better suited for his system, or at least presumably so, but if Alabama does, indeed, sign Kwon, then I firmly believe it will be because they had a spot open and wanted to keep us from getting him.

All of that said, Ell is right: LSU is our main competition for Kwon at this point, and I feel good about our chances against them.

The thing is Kwon can play!!  So it would not hurt saban one bit to sign him.  With that being said Kwon would do himself a favor by signing with the Tigers.

Archived