Kwon Alexander

newtonheisman

If everything goes as planned (for the last 6 weeks or so) Kwon will go to Auburn. Of course anything could happend when bammers involved (see TJ Yeldon). I'll say 99% on Kwon to Auburn.

Considering that signing day is about 2 1/2 weeks away, I doubt that we will have to wait 6 weeks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If everything goes as planned (for the last 6 weeks or so) Kwon will go to Auburn. Of course anything could happend when bammers involved (see TJ Yeldon). I'll say 99% on Kwon to Auburn.

Considering that signing day is about 2 1/2 weeks away, I doubt that we will have to wait 6 weeks.

I think he was saying that the feeling for the last six weeks are so is that Kwon will go to Auburn...

Some are saying he is going to Bama, but others say Auburn. If he is in Tuscaloosa, that gives them points, but recruits SHOULD evaluate all of their options before making a decision.

We all hope he chooses Auburn for obvious reasons, but the DARK SIDE has its appeal for many top recruits.

I do think not having an offensive coordinator hurts during the HOT recruiting period but defensively Chizik has hit a home run. What recruit would not choose to play for an NFL Defensive coordinator with the kind of success and credentials VanGorder brings to the table?

Some are saying he is going to Bama, but others say Auburn. If he is in Tuscaloosa, that gives them points, but recruits SHOULD evaluate all of their options before making a decision.

We all hope he chooses Auburn for obvious reasons, but the DARK SIDE has its appeal for many top recruits.

I do think not having an offensive coordinator hurts during the HOT recruiting period but defensively Chizik has hit a home run. What recruit would not choose to play for an NFL Defensive coordinator with the kind of success and credentials VanGorder brings to the table?

Then no advantage to the turds either.

KA does not fit the uat profile for LB.  I doubt he would be signed by them as a LB. 

^^^^^^

If you want to play LB for Bama, you have to big enough to put your hand in the dirt. Every one of their starting LBs were over 240 lbs this year. Alot of their guys played DE in high school and probably could in college as well, but if they can run well they'll play LB for Bama.

KA does not fit the uat profile for LB.  I doubt he would be signed by them as a LB. 

But I get the feeling that he'd probably jump at the opportunity to go there and play safety. The bigger issue is that they don't need him at safety with the other guys in their class, and they don't really have room...if he signs with Alabama, what that tells me is that Saban didn't want him to go to Auburn and will likely process him out at some point.

But I get the feeling that he'd probably jump at the opportunity to go there and play safety. The bigger issue is that they don't need him at safety with the other guys in their class, and they don't really have room...if he signs with Alabama, what that tells me is that Saban didn't want him to go to Auburn and will likely process him out at some point.

Come on red.  You know that doesn't happen.  ;)

Maybe if we send saban a box of candy he will throw us a bone. I can't believe some of the things that

Auburn men and women are posting on a public forum.

Maybe if we send saban a box of candy he will throw us a bone. I can't believe someof the things that

?? Kwon is an Alabama fan. We've known that. I don't know if he's serious about going to Alabama or not at this point, but the fact that he's on an official visit there this weekend instead of Auburn makes me think he probably is.

Kwon is also not built in the mold of a linebacker at UAT, which is why he won't be signed as a linebacker for UAT. UAT also has five star safety Landon Collins and two other four star defensive backs committed to their class, so it's not as if they need a small linebacker who got injured his senior season to come in and play safety.

Don't believe Saban would sign a guy just so Auburn won't get him? Look up Petey Smith, a four star linebacker whose older brother was playing at Auburn at the time and who Auburn was recruiting heavily. Alabama signed him and a couple of years later he transferred, seems like to South Alabama, because he wasn't even sniffing the field. Look at last year, the way they used last minute tactics to whisk Dee Hart into school just days after the Auburn coaches had gone down to Florida and nearly talked him into coming to AU, or the Cyrus Kouandjio situation, or Brent Calloway.

I just...I dont' know what to say. It's not that Saban is clearly better or anything of the sort. It's just that he's going to do everything he can to screw us over, even if it doesn't benefit him, and if that means flipping a life long Tide fan to his side and then shooing him away when enough time has passed, then you'd better believe he's going to do it.

Maybe if we send saban a box of candy he will throw us a bone. I can't believe someof the things that

?? Kwon is an Alabama fan. We've known that. I don't know if he's serious about going to Alabama or not at this point, but the fact that he's on an official visit there this weekend instead of Auburn makes me think he probably is.

Kwon is also not built in the mold of a linebacker at UAT, which is why he won't be signed as a linebacker for UAT. UAT also has five star safety Landon Collins and two other four star defensive backs committed to their class, so it's not as if they need a small linebacker who got injured his senior season to come in and play safety.

Don't believe Saban would sign a guy just so Auburn won't get him? Look up Petey Smith, a four star linebacker whose older brother was playing at Auburn at the time and who Auburn was recruiting heavily. Alabama signed him and a couple of years later he transferred, seems like to South Alabama, because he wasn't even sniffing the field. Look at last year, the way they used last minute tactics to whisk Dee Hart into school just days after the Auburn coaches had gone down to Florida and nearly talked him into coming to AU, or the Cyrus Kouandjio situation, or Brent Calloway.

I just...I dont' know what to say. It's not that Saban is clearly better or anything of the sort. It's just that he's going to do everything he can to screw us over, even if it doesn't benefit him, and if that means flipping a life long Tide fan to his side and then shooing him away when enough time has passed, then you'd better believe he's going to do it.

you have a PM

IMO NS does a fair amount of defensive recruiting....targeting kids that have an AU interest even if at the last minute he drops them or doesn't make an offer...but by making the contacts, gives him a chance to damage AU's relationship with the player and perhaps moves him toward a less competitve program.  JMO....but some of the stuff I have seen is more than coincidence. 

And the reason he does those things is because he knows he can't win on a level playing field with Chizik. He was thoroughly outcoached in both 09 and 10, and if not for the facts that they were just overwhelmingly better this year while we were rebuilding AND we hadn't come back and smacked them in the mouth for a KO in their own house last year, it would have happened again. The biggest reason I can believe that Saban might consider the Texas job is that he knows Auburn is going to be a force for years to come, and he doesn't want to have to compete with us.

Note: That's not to say Saban will take or is even thinking about taking the Texas job, only that he knows better than to think he'll beat us without undercutting us every chance he gets.

Bama and Saban cannot beat us fair and square.  He couldn't win in the NFL,because he could'nt cheat!

Both bammers championships have been bought by the REC, weman could not do it on his own.

Red is right, he wouldn't think twice to sign him so he could say he has the state locked up.  what is sad the recruit would believe the little liar.

I am not NS fan, but no way I ever believe that if NS has a full class that he passes on a guy he wants  just so he can sign one he doesn't want just to keep us from getting him. Not that NS is above that, but you just don't win NC's with that  mentality.

You win NC's by getting the best 85 players on YOUR roster, if you are really paying a lot of attention to what they are doing on the other side of the state on a daily basis, that is that much less time you have to focus on your own business.

Red is right, he wouldn't think twice to sign him so he could say he has the state locked up.  what is sad the recruit would believe the little liar.

I am not NS fan, but no way I ever believe that if NS has a full class that he passes on a guy he wants  just so he can sign one he doesn't want just to keep us from getting him. Not that NS is above that, but you just don't win NC's with that  mentality.

You win NC's by getting the best 85 players on YOUR roster, if you are really paying a lot of attention to what they are doing on the other side of the state on a daily basis, that is that much less time you have to focus on your own business.

But there might be some lower rated players in his class that he would not sign in order to make room for the ones he wanted to keep away from us. It's nothing new: Bear used to sign a hundred players a year just so that Shug wouldn't get them (hence the adoption of the scholarship limitations).

Again, I don't know what will happen with Kwon, and the biggest reason I doubt him going to Bama is the way their class is so full, but they all but stopped recruiting him some time ago because they want more players elsewhere. If he signs with them now, I really do think it'll be because a scholly was available and little Nicky wanted to keep him away from us.

Quite frankly, if this is going down anywhere close to the way I think it is, then I don't want Kwon. Great player, but if he doesn't want to be here, then I don't want him here. We'll get someone a little bit lower rated and watch as his hunger makes up for anything that might have been lacking (see Jermaine Whitehead, who took Marcus Roberson's spot when Roberson started wavering, and had arguably the best year of all our highly touted DBs).

Thank you for putting my feelings into words. Now back to this NFC playoff game. Unfortunately the Saints trying to creep back into the game, and I don't like that one bit. Go Niners!

Archived