Kwon Alexander

newtonheisman

sounds like Auburn has moved on.

^^^^^THIS may be true. And I believe contrary to the last 2 pages of this thread I have heard from multiple people that have good info on Bammer that Smart told Kwon no and there was not room for him.

I trust our coaches and if they decided to move on then it must be what they think as best. However, I would still like to know what their thinking is and WHY they would move on. I can't imagine why we would stop recruiting him

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I highly doubt we have moved on from a 5* instate LB who fits the mold we are looking for at the OLB position in BVG's system.  I think we get him in the end.  ua has only 1 spot left, with other recruits higher on their board.  Looks like a battle between us and LSU.

I highly doubt we have moved on from a 5* instate LB who fits the mold we are looking for at the OLB position in BVG's system.  I think we get him in the end.  ua has only 1 spot left, with other recruits higher on their board.  Looks like a battle between us and LSU.

Like i said, i don't believe BVG is star struck. I do believe that there are certain types of linebackers he likes. Opinions vary from different DCs, like all coaches on a staff may not agree that prospect "A" is a great recruit. At this point we don't know the mold of LB Coach BVG is looking for.

I agree.   I haven't heard anything about "moving on".   I think he's a great kid who would be a great asset to AU.   I am hoping we pick him up.  

War Eagle!!

Are you guys now saying that Kwon is not coming to AU? Thought this one was supposed to a rock solid done deal from a long, long time ago?

What changed here?

never thought he was a lock. I thought he was more into AU though, i'll admit. Sounds like AU is a consolation prize to him to the real prize of bammer.

I don't see how recruits can over look that bama is already watered down with DBs and LBs. Saban is telling everyone they will start. Bama will be running a 9-9-9 scheme with all LBs on defense next year.

Ifwe ran a 9-9-9 our D would have been unstopable ;)

You do know Herman Cain dropped out, right? 

Any possibility to the fact that he might not be healing well from his knee injury and coaches are afraid that it might limit his development or stall it severely?

Too bad. Oh well. We need guys that want to be here instead of here and wishing they were somewhere else.

I would really like to bring in another LB in this class. LB is a position where we dont have much depth and we need some players at the position.

Looks pretty even with LSU and Auburn for Kwon right now. Alabama has him on an official but he couldn't commit right now if he wanted to. Yes, they have just one spot left but that is assuming that they all sign, which is not a given. We saw that first hand last year.

We are thin at LB. Kwon could play early and often. He could possibly be a starter year 2. We just hired a great DC who's specialty is coaching LB's. We have plenty of room left, so his spot is not in jeapardy of being taken by someone else. None of his other finalists can say these things. I think he ends up with us.

We are thin at LB. Kwon could play early and often. He could possibly be a starter year 2. We just hired a great DC who's specialty is coaching LB's. We have plenty of room left, so his spot is not in jeapardy of being taken by someone else. None of his other finalists can say these things. I think he ends up with us.

I like the way you talk...hmmmhmm...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRF_Pi6dMFEZfea99obyg5uCys1iHzX41LRqrYwLXssRLPTDdOk-nMjNcirA

Looks pretty even with LSU and Auburn for Kwon right now. Alabama has him on an official but he couldn't commit right now if he wanted to. Yes, they have just one spot left but that is assuming that they all sign, which is not a given. We saw that first hand last year.

Why would alabama bring him in on an official visit if they wouldn't even accept his commitment, it seems illogical and a waste of money. But then again I don't go to bama and have bama logic.

If bama thinks Auburn wants him, they'll bring him in just to negative recruit against us in the hope that he'll go somewhere else. If it weren't for Auburn, bama would have no purpose in life.  :rolleyes:

Why would alabama bring him in on an official visit if they wouldn't even accept his commitment, it seems illogical and a waste of money. But then again I don't go to bama and have bama logic.

To keep him from visiting Auburn on a big recruiting weekend right after we flipped a top rated LSU prospect and have one of the best defensive ends in the country on campus and looking to enroll somewhere in a couple of days.

Because every school has 55 OV's they can use. They don't get rolled over so might as well use them even if you are not going to sign a kid.

They essentially have 3 spots left. They will not sign at least 2 players that are currently committed to them.

I think it has always been UAT 1 LSU 2 and AU 3 for Kwon.  But Auburn is the only offer that is committable.  And I really don't think our coaches would accept his committment right now, because he could possibly flip on signing day if Tide or Bengals lose out on someone.  We don't need any more of that.  But Kwon is assured we have a spot for him on signing day.  I wonder if the Michael Flint thing has anything to do with KA feelings about Auburn.  Not sure how close they are.  That being said, I feel we are at least 50-50 for his signature.

I think it has always been UAT 1 LSU 2 and AU 3 for Kwon.  But Auburn is the only offer that is committable.  And I really don't think our coaches would accept his committment right now, because he could possibly flip on signing day if Tide or Bengals lose out on someone.  We don't need any more of that.  But Kwon is assured we have a spot for him on signing day.  I wonder if the Michael Flint thing has anything to do with KA feelings about Auburn.  Not sure how close they are.  That being said, I feel we are at least 50-50 for his signature.

He became a silent commit to a school on Dec. 5th. :-X

They essentially have 3 spots left. They will not sign at least 2 players that are currently committed to them.

Do you know which 2?

Kwon has always been a bama fan ......

Do I have to spell it out for some of you guys? Move on to someone else to worry about. ;)

Archived