Kwon Alexander

newtonheisman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kwons mother is a huge Coach Chiz fan.  I am from Anniston Al, and was told by someone that knows him, that is a 80 percent chance that we get him. :wedance:

It's higher than that my friend.  ;)

I know KA has been slipping in the rankings. All info I get out of Oxford(pretty close source) says the coaches think he'll be ready to go. So what specifically was it that made KA slide? Until he got hurt, he was the corner stone of that defense and it took them awhile to recover. I'm trying hard not to believe he slid because of his and bama's lack of interest.

I know KA has been slipping in the rankings. All info I get out of Oxford(pretty close source) says the coaches think he'll be ready to go. So what specifically was it that made KA slide? Until he got hurt, he was the corner stone of that defense and it took them awhile to recover. I'm trying hard not to believe he slid because of his and bama's lack of interest.

probably more so to do with the injury IMO and not being able to show out as much as his LB counterparts

He is the #1 LB in the nation on Scout I believe, 5*.  Him getting hurt might of caused a slight drop on rivals.  

The only knock on Kwon is that he is a little small (but that's not really any issue) and this summer he struggled in coverage at a lot of the camps. He just hasn't had to cover much in HS. His coaches send him on a blitz almost every play.

The only knock on Kwon is that he is a little small (but that's not really any issue) and this summer he struggled in coverage at a lot of the camps. He just hasn't had to cover much in HS. His coaches send him on a blitz almost every play.

This is the reason he dropped in Rivals. He had big struggles with pass coverage.

This is the reason he droppes in Rivals. He had big struggles with pass coverage/

for you guys who are smarter with D schemes ... i understand that in a tampa 2, your LB's need to be good in coverage.  i was under the impression that was primarily for the MLB and not as much so for the OLB.  if that is the case then his coverage skills (and due to his injury could likely redshirt anyways giving him time to work on those skills with his speed) are not a huge issues straight out of high school since he will likely play the OLB his redshirt frosh year?

This is the reason he droppes in Rivals. He had big struggles with pass coverage/

for you guys who are smarter with D schemes ... i understand that in a tampa 2, your LB's need to be good in coverage.  i was under the impression that was primarily for the MLB and not as much so for the OLB.  if that is the case then his coverage skills (and due to his injury could likely redshirt anyways giving him time to work on those skills with his speed) are not a huge issues straight out of high school since he will likely play the OLB his redshirt frosh year?

No matter the scheme, whether it be a 4-3 or a 3-4, whether it's a read and react or aggressive D, OLBs do need to be at least adequate in coverage. Most schemes actually require OLBs to be better in coverage than MLBs. The Tampa 2 is one of the few schemes that requires the MLB to be as good in coverage as the OLB. For the Tampa 2 to be successful all LBs and DBs need to be good in coverage. Many times we will play zone in our Tampa 2. That means KA will be responsible for 1/4 to 1/5 of the field on his horizontal plane. And no matter the scheme more times than not the OLBs are the ones responsible for taking RBs and TEs in man coverage. With all of that said KA may fit in best as a weakside LB until he gets proficient in coverage.

Kwon was not dropped in rivals rankings due to injury or poor pass coverage. A rivals writer wrote a piece ONE DAY after he found out Kwon was most likely headed to Auburn that "mighty alabama" had backed off of him. Since that time Kwon has steadily drop in rivals rankings to #16 OLB and out of the top 250, while remaining the same on other sites. Including #1 OLB on scout. BTW Kwon runs a 4.4-40 and has no problem in coverage.

Kwon was not dropped in rivals rankings due to injury or poor pass coverage. A rivals writer wrote a piece ONE DAY after he found out Kwon was most likely headed to Auburn that "mighty alabama" had backed off of him. Since that time Kwon has steadily drop in rivals rankings to #16 OLB and out of the top 250, while remaining the same on other sites. Including #1 OLB on scout. BTW Kwon runs a 4.4-40 and has no problem in coverage.

Ease up on the tinfoil. Just because he is fast doesn't mean he is good in coverage. Over the summer pretty much everyone who watched him said he struggled with coverage. The whole "rivals loves them some bammers and hate auburn so they drop our guys and raise their's" is ridiculous. It was reported that the guys at BOL were trying to get the rivals guys to give players a boost and even threatening them I think, well now BOL is with 247. So are we sticking with rivals unless they rate us higher? And if 247 ranks them higher do we start saying they are bumping players?

I know for a fact it was because of his poor pass coverage skills at camps. It has been confirmed by Auburn insiders. I am getting tired of the whoa is Auburn mess. This everybody is out to get us stuff is getting old. I am not nieve. I know there is a bias against Auburn sometimes but that does not mean that every negative correlation with Auburn can be attributed to a bias. Believe it or not there is an actual legitimate reason that an Auburn's recruit may drop some. This whinning is getting old....And by the way, having speed does not mean a player is good in coverage. There is alot more to being good in coverage than speed, especially at LB.

I know for a fact it was because of his poor pass coverage skills at camps. It has been confirmed by Auburn insiders. I am getting tired of the whoa is Auburn mess. This everybody is out to get us stuff is getting old. I am not nieve. I know there is a bias against Auburn sometimes but that does not mean that every negative correlation with Auburn can be attributed to a bias. Believe it or not there is an actual legitimate reason that an Auburn's recruit may drop some. This whinning is getting old....And by the way, having speed does not mean a player is good in coverage. There is alot more to being good in coverage than speed, especially at LB.

I have no idea what your credentials are, but I do know "for a fact" that I am more in the know with this kid and his recruitment than you.

I have no idea what your credentials are, but I do know "for a fact" that I am more in the know with this kid and his recruitment than you.

Has absolutely nothing to do with credentials. What I and Aemchair said has been stated publicly by reputable recruiting experts publicly. If Rivals really was conspiring against AU then TJ would not be a 5* and AU would not hold 3.75 to 3.55 player star average over Bama. With that let's just agree to disagree and move on because I really don't feel like arguing the issue.  :wedance:

Has absolutely nothing to do with credentials. What I and Aemchair said has been stated publicly by reputable recruiting experts publicly. If Rivals really was conspiring against AU then TJ would not be a 5* and AU would not hold 3.75 to 3.55 player star average over Bama. With that let's just agree to disagree and move on because I really don't feel like arguing the issue.  :wedance:

Agreed. :wedance:

I'd like to read that article, link it for us BCC28.

I'd like to read that article, link it for us BCC28.

I must correct my self, it was not a rivals writer. It was a bammer writer with the last name starting with the letter B.

I believe that Bama backed off Kwon. They have 5 linebackers, 3 inside who are Rivals top 5 at the position (Ragland, Lee, Devall) and then they have 2 outside (Hayes and Anderson) where 1 is rivals 150 and the other (Anderson) I think could end up being the best of all their recruits. Bama LB core is pretty much full as it is. On top of that Jordan Jenkins, who they are going after right now, better fits a Bama LB description than Kwon does if they were to sign 6.

I am not commenting on the talent level of Kwon, I am simply putting out there that he is a 4-3 OLB body. Bama already has better fits for their LB core and have a better fit still on the board.

I believe that Bama backed off Kwon. They have 5 linebackers, 3 inside who are Rivals top 5 at the position (Ragland, Lee, Devall) and then they have 2 outside (Hayes and Anderson) where 1 is rivals 150 and the other (Anderson) I think could end up being the best of all their recruits. Bama LB core is pretty much full as it is. On top of that Jordan Jenkins, who they are going after right now, better fits a Bama LB description than Kwon does if they were to sign 6.

I am not commenting on the talent level of Kwon, I am simply putting out there that he is a 4-3 OLB body. Bama already has better fits for their LB core and have a better fit still on the board.

Well bammer was still blowing his phone up until about 3 weeks ago. About 3 or 4 days  before the "Auburn Eagle" landed at Anniston Airport.

Archived