Kwon Alexander

newtonheisman

Finally got some clarification on this bammer thing we've been hearing.

Word around Oxford is as soon as Saban found out about Kwon's injury, he called his head coach, Coach Grass. He told Oxford's coach that if Kwon wanted to play football for Alabama, he should go see Dr. Cain, who is the doctor already mentioned in this thread. Supposedly, Kwon's coach recommended the doctor to him.

Now, I don't believe the people arriving with him in Bama gear, but I do believe Saban has had contact in Oxford concerning the situation.

It could be a coincidence that Kwon visited that doctor, due to Andrews and comp.'s great reputation.

Don't kill the messenger, but this is what I'm hearing from a reliable source in the area. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He showed up at the hospital with a group of people wearing Bammer gear.  Apparently, he went to his orthopedist in Anniston and Satan hooked him up with the bammer team doctor to get a second opinion.  That is not a good sign that he is that tight with Satan.  However, he was not wearing bammer garb at the hospital, but Oxford gear.  This information from someone who was present at his surgery, so don't shoot the messenger. 

if this kid got special recommendations for treatment that violates a rule......I hope there is a punishment.  I also hope it's a "don't do that again" punishment.

Any other site and I would have alot more to say.  C'mon people, pick your fights alot better than this one.

Finally got some clarification on this bammer thing we've been hearing.

Word around Oxford is as soon as Saban found out about Kwon's injury, he called his head coach, Coach Grass. He told Oxford's coach that if Kwon wanted to play football for Alabama, he should go see Dr. Cain, who is the doctor already mentioned in this thread. Supposedly, Kwon's coach recommended the doctor to him.

Now, I don't believe the people arriving with him in Bama gear, but I do believe Saban has had contact in Oxford concerning the situation.

It could be a coincidence that Kwon visited that doctor, due to Andrews and comp.'s great reputation.

Oxford is ate up with bammers, so your source could have heard something a bammer started. IMO.

Don't kill the messenger, but this is what I'm hearing from a reliable source in the area. 

I talked to Dr Cain today.  He is doing surgery on me the 20th of next month and we talked about KA.  The high-school coach (Grass) is the one that got KA into Cain office.  He did the same thing for my GS 2 years ago. I asked him how KA was doing and Dr Cain said the surgery went great and that he expected him to be fully recovered by next spring. He does a great job.  My grandson was cleared to play after 14 weeks.  It will all depend on how hard KA works his rehab.

Shouldn't HIPAA prevent him from saying anything about his surgery?

I never said he talked about his surgery.  He simply said that he was doing fine and he expected him to fully recover.

Good grief try not to read so much into every comment made. There was no HIPPA violation. Or did you think that I hadn't talked to him and was blowing smoke so you figured you would catch me?  Let me assure you we did talk about KA but never detailed information.

if this kid got special recommendations for treatment that violates a rule......I hope there is a punishment.  I also hope it's a "don't do that again" punishment.

Any other site and I would have alot more to say.  C'mon people, pick your fights alot better than this one.

I'm just reporting what I'm hearing Cat. Could be false, could be true.

I don't think any violations occurred, but it is very apparent that $aban has a influential voice in Oxford...

Interesting that someone mentioned Bo...

My dad, who lives in Anniston, had knee replacement surgery several years ago with the same group in Birmingham...

During one of his rehab visits, he looked around and noticed Bo was there rehabbing after one of his hip replacement surgeries...

This group is arguably the best around at what they do... who I would go to if I had a choice...

Don't really see this as being anything significant concerning KA and weeman... I'd refer him to them as well...

How would that violate a rule? Recommending a doctor to someone isn't against any rules that I know of.

i'm very glad that someone in the know (even if it is saban telling KA's high school coach) sent a young man with a serious injury to a talented professional who could take care of his career threatening injury.  i would hope that any of you with that kind of knowledge and influence would do that for any young athlete.  this "evil" issue is not worth chasing... (of course that is only IMO  ;))

i'm very glad that someone in the know (even if it is saban telling KA's high school coach) sent a young man with a serious injury to a talented professional who could take care of his career threatening injury. i would hope that any of you with that kind of knowledge and influence would do that for any young athlete. this "evil" issue is not worth chasing... (of course that is only IMO ;))

I agree 100%. I am by no means trying to start a witch hunt. I want the young man to be healthy and whole no matter where he goes.  I just shared the information I'm hearing locally to prove that:

1) Saban is still very much after this player despite the slight belief shown on this board that he wouldn't dare "recruit a injured prospect".

Anyway, I still believe we lead slightly for him, but it will be a tough fight until the end, that's for sure.

I've had many surgeries myself. I thought Kwon was coming to Auburn, but after Saban did something like that, the gesture will go a long way with both Kwon and his family. There is nothing like somebody being there for you when you're down and out needing a surgery. I imagine KA's world was devastated. I've been there, it's one of those times you look back on your life as rock bottom. I hate to ask this, but who called Kwon and his family to get him the best doctor? Who called to make sure he might could get well quickly with about the best surgeon around? I'm glad Saban did that for Kwon's benefit, but we should've been right there making the same phone calls too. Think about it this way: Saban called himself. Not an assistant coach, but the head coach himself. I promise you that goes a along with a kid.

I've had many surgeries. I thought Kwon was coming to Auburn, but Saban did something that will a long way with both Kwon and his family. There is nothing like somebody being there for you when you're down and out needing a surgery. I imagine KA's world was devastated. Who called him to get him the best doctor? Who called to make sure he might could get well quickly? I'm glad Saban did that for Kwon's benefit, but we should've been right there making calls too. Think about it this way, Saban called himself. Not an assistant coach, but the head coach himself. I promise you that goes a along with a kid.

I think I understand what you just said.  :dunno:

I've had many surgeries myself. I thought Kwon was coming to Auburn, but after Saban did something like that, the gesture will go a long way with both Kwon and his family. There is nothing like somebody being there for you when you're down and out needing a surgery. I imagine KA's world was devastated. I've been there, it's one of those times you look back on your life as rock bottom. I hate to ask this, but who called Kwon and his family to get him the best doctor? Who called to make sure he might could get well quickly with about the best surgeon around? I'm glad Saban did that for Kwon's benefit, but we should've been right there making the same phone calls too. Think about it this way: Saban called himself. Not an assistant coach, but the head coach himself. I promise you that goes a along with a kid.

Saban didn't do this His HS Coach Grass has had in in with Dr Cain since his days at Spain Park when Dr Cains did several surgery's for some of his players.  Saban had nothing what-so-every to do with this. My granddaughter who is in several classes with KA told me last night, the Kwon told her that CGC has been the only coach that has called him every night to see how he was going and to encourage him is his desire to honor his offer.

Saban didn't do this His HS Coach Grass has had in in with Dr Cain since his days at Spain Park when Dr Cains did several surgery's for some of his players.  Saban had nothing what-so-every to do with this. My granddaughter who is in several classes with KA told me last night, the Kwon told her that CGC has been the only coach that has called him every night to see how he was going and to encourage him is his desire to honor his offer.

Hope Coach Chizik is wishing him well regardless of what other coaches are doing.  Thanks WhiteTiger.

A quote direct from KA to a trusted media member (not a bammer)...."Both Auburn and Alabama head coaches have called and told me they still have a scholarship available for me".

A quote direct from KA to a trusted media member (not a bammer)...."Both Auburn and Alabama head coaches have called and told me they still have a scholarship available for me".

And that settles that.

Plus, he mentioned us before the turds!!  :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

Another Site says LB Alexander visiting Baton Rouge for Official this weekend, and that LSU is in finals for Kwon. Is he going to also see AU or maybe they scheduled this in hopes of snatching him after a big win?? With UAT only having six slots left, would think he woulda already committed there before train left station-

Another Site says LB Alexander visiting Baton Rouge for Official this weekend, and that LSU is in finals for Kwon. Is he going to also see AU or maybe they scheduled this in hopes of snatching him after a big win?? With UAT only having six slots left, would think he woulda already committed there before train left station-

Honestly, bama is done recruiting Kwon. It looks like bama has turned the heat up on Kirven, Quay Evans, and Jordan Jenkins in hopes to round out their line/backer slots. Don't be surprised if they get Arik Armstead too. Besides he's (Kwon) too small to play backer there. He fits the 4-3 scheme the best. He's going to actually check out LSU. He's going for the experience. He will more than likely take two more, at the least one more unofficial visit to Auburn before the regular season is up.

Watch for Auburn to potentially turn the heat up on Noor Davis too. There's no doubt we finish strong.

My final 10 look like this:

Josh Garnett

Matt Cochran

maybe Avery Young (tough fight with UF) they convinced Dunker to move to Guard and that opens another Tackle slot.

Stefon Diggs

one of Jordan Jenkins/Channing Ward

one of Justin Shanks/Eddie Goldman/Aziz S h i t t u

Kwon/Noor Davis

Javiie

Deon Bush

Cyrus Jones

I think that Young, Davis, and Cyrus are the wildcards here. We'll take 2 of the 3.

Archived