Basketball Recruiting ***update 8/20/2012***

IHateBammers

That sums it up pretty well.  The article says Stephens loved everything about the visit and will be back in June with his mom.  Their AAU coach knows Barbee and Milt Wagner real well and likes the way they coach.  Their coach admits that Reed will be a huge recruit and get offers from "traditional basketball royalty", but he sees the bigger picture and trusts Barbee's vision.  He says AU has just as good a shot at these guys as any other program. 

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2013 SG Sindarius Thornwell is a guy AU is showing alot of interest in. He is one of the best players in his class. Here is a interview i found of him a while back. http://www.carolinapreps.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=298:hardwood-report-q-a-a-with-sindarius-thornwell&catid=45:basketball&Itemid=190

Said he wants to visit in June.  Alot of schools backed off him b/c there were questions about him qualifying academically...he is good to go now so things are heating back up. Legit 7 footer, weighs around 245.  Said he's heard nothing bad about AU, heard we had a good recruiting class, top notch facilities, and he has been talking to Brian Greene about AU as well.

Said he wants to visit in June.  Alot of schools backed off him b/c there were questions about him qualifying academically...he is good to go now so things are heating back up. Legit 7 footer, weighs around 245.  Said he's heard nothing bad about AU, heard we had a good recruiting class, top notch facilities, and he has been talking to Brian Greene about AU as well.

Im guessing this is talking about Dickerson  :dunno:

Im guessing this is talking about Dickerson  :dunno:

Yeah, my bad, Jordan Dickerson. 

Here is a interview with 2013 guard Markel Crawford.

He describes what he wants in a school and it fits Auburn perfect but he is Florida's to lose. IMO it will be a UF,UT and AU battle. Rumor is that he has a Florida Gator sticker on his car.

2013 C David Onuorah will be on a unofficial visit to Auburn tomorrow

a quick search on the googles shows his HS team is the Marist War Eagles.

Funny.

2013 C David Onuorah will be on a unofficial visit to Auburn tomorrow

a quick search on the googles shows his HS team is the Marist War Eagles.

Funny.

thats the same dchool that Quinton Stephens plays at.

update on Jordan Dickerson: 

Auburn, along with others, is also in the mix. A visit isn’t set yet for the Tigers, but there’s a good chance it happens.

But if it’s going to happen, it needs to happen soon, as Dickerson is ready to decide.

“I definitely want to (commit within the next two weeks),” he said.

Auburn, along with others, is also in the mix. A visit isn’t set yet for the Tigers, but there’s a good chance it happens.

But if it’s going to happen, it needs to happen soon, as Dickerson is ready to decide.

would this be a solid pickup or a REALLY solid pickup ... if kouassi was still on board, would this have been a good signee?

would this be a solid pickup or a REALLY solid pickup ... if kouassi was still on board, would this have been a good signee?

solid pickup, if we still had Kouassi we wouldnt be going after him.

2013 Sg Markel Crawford was on a unofficiall visit to Auburn friday. Markel would be a VERY good pickup for us. He plays at the same HS that McCafee played at which wears Under Armour. Crawford plays AAU for ATL Xpress which wears..... Under Armour. Florida will be tough to beat though on this one though.

also let me say this kid loves Under Armour. most kids his age are all about Nike but this kid reps Under Armour and that could have a big impact on where he goes.

also let me say this kid loves Under Armour. most kids his age are all about Nike but this kid reps Under Armour and that could have a big impact on where he goes.

I would love to get this kid and if his being with Under Armour helps great.

That said it is sad that kids make decisions based on I play on an AAU team sponsored by Nike or Under Armour. I would love to see basketball players get back to picking school for reasons like family atmosphere, great facilities and coaches, great academic programs, clean program, etc.

Archived