Basketball Recruiting ***update 8/20/2012***

IHateBammers

Auburn is now showing interest in 2013 forward Austin Colbert.

what's ur association with the basketball team if you dont mind me asking. you seem to be very knowledgeable of whats going on

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn is now showing interest in 2013 forward Austin Colbert.

what's ur association with the basketball team if you dont mind me asking. you seem to be very knowledgeable of whats going on

Just a fan

AU BB....any news?  There was a comment on the bunker asking if Okafor and Glass were visiting AU in the near future. 

All ive heard is that Shaquille Johnson was in Auburn this past weekend and that makes me think we had recruits on campus. Bryan Matthews has said AU might have some JUCO players visit the next couple of weeks but that's all I've heard. Where there any responses to the question about Okafor and Glass?

no, no answers....there was a comment that suggested AU might be looking at Cothron again as a transfer.

no, no answers....there was a comment that suggested AU might be looking at Cothron again as a transfer.

Waste of time no chance with him. Now a Virginia Tech forward decided to transfer today and I hope we try to get him. He was a highly rated recruit.

How does getting a bunch of transfers from Texas, Clemson, Va, Va Tech, etc. help us build a solid program? 

While I'm sure some of them have good reasons for leaving, I have to wonder.....if they aren't able to make it at these other schools, what makes us think they will lift our program...and will stay long enough to make a difference?    I know some of them were 4* or something when they were first recruited but we all know from observation of our own program, some kids are just not what they seemed to be when we recruited them. ...and changing schools is not likely to make a major difference. 

How does getting a bunch of transfers from Texas, Clemson, Va, Va Tech, etc. help us build a solid program?   

While I'm sure some of them have good reasons for leaving, I have to wonder.....if they aren't able to make it at these other schools, what makes us think they will lift our program...and will stay long enough to make a difference?     I know some of them were 4* or something when they were first recruited but we all know from observation of our own program, some kids are just not what they seemed to be when we recruited them. ...and changing schools is not likely to make a major difference.   

We've sure been on the losing end of some pretty talented transfers Killingsworth, Toney Douglas, Lewis Monroe, etc....  Barbee made pretty good use of Derrick Caracter at UTEP after he transferred from Louisville.  That fellow that transferred to  MS ST who almost picked AU, did okay too.

IMO, college bball is different than college football in that you don't try to build a program, you go out and try to get the best players you can to help you win immediately.  If you can keep them a year or two or four, great.  Look at Calipari, he has a totally different roster each year and does well.  He is not building a program, he is assembling as much talent as he can possibly get and beating the crap out of folks.  Not saying it is right or wrong, but it's just how things are done now. 

Looks like we could be going after 2012 PF Tevin Glass again. Shaq Johnsons teammate and best friend. He has visited Auburn a couple times already.

Why in the world has this guy not signed yet? Is he borderline as far as his studies? Even if he isn't a blue-chipper, seems like he'd have signed somewhere by now.

Thanks for all your great info, BTW. Always so hard getting basketball info.

WDE!

Looks like we could be going after 2012 PF Tevin Glass again. Shaq Johnsons teammate and best friend. He has visited Auburn a couple times already.

Why in the world has this guy not signed yet? Is he borderline as far as his studies? Even if he isn't a blue-chipper, seems like he'd have signed somewhere by now.

Thanks for all your great info, BTW. Always so hard getting basketball info.

WDE!

I have heard stuff about his academics but I think the main reason he hasn't signed is because he plays PF and he is not very big and not overly athletic for that position. Also he has been holding out for better offers.

AU got two big visits today from 2013 SF Quinton Stephens and 2014 C Trayvon Reed. Both players have Under Armour connections. Trayvon Reed is a definate 5 star in his class would be a program changing recruit.

AU got two big visits today from 2013 SF Quinton Stephens and 2014 C Trayvon Reed. Both players have Under Armour connections. Trayvon Reed is a definate 5 star in his class would be a program changing recruit.

Huge news! Thanks for posting.

AU might recieve a visit from 2012 C Mango Matting. Played with Brian Greene Jr at IMG

Do you have link to any info at all about him?

Edit:

His name is Mangok Mathiang. Every profile I can find list him as a 2013 guy. Are you sure he's 2012?

2012 7-0 C Jordan Dickerson of IMG originally from Brooklyn just recieved a qualifying ACT and Auburn has offered. He is also planning on visiting South Carolina and Providence.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/forward_basketball_recruiting_roundup_4b4fTlACMgH5bzRcRo1zeI

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordan-Dickerson-118700

2012 7-0 C Jordan Dickerson of IMG originally from Brooklyn just recieved a qualifying ACT and Auburn has offered. He is also planning on visiting South Carolina and Providence.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/forward_basketball_recruiting_roundup_4b4fTlACMgH5bzRcRo1zeI

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordan-Dickerson-118700

I was just about to post this. Also a teammate of Brian Greene Jr.

I hope he commits to the school that already has one T. Reed!  :we:

:tdau:  Dickerson coming to Auburn would be just what the Dr. Ordered.  I don't think we have ever had two seven footers on the basketball team at one time.  Go get him CTB!!

AU is believed to be in the top 5 for Quinton Stephens and Trayvon Reed. They both said they loved their visit. There is an article on rivals if any one wants to sum it up.

Archived