Got some good news

WarDamn2010

Im thinking the average age of our membership is falling like skylab.

What does age have to do with anything?

I think he's referring to the split in opinions about Facebook contacts, with most younger members seeing nothing odd about it and the older folk by and large finding it to be creepy.

Im thinking the average age of our membership is falling like skylab.

What does age have to do with anything?

I think he's referring to the split in opinions about Facebook contacts, with most younger members seeing nothing odd about it and the older folk by and large finding it to be creepy.

Well I'm 16 and I was the first one to say that was stalkerish but yeah I gotcha

Okay, he added the girlfriend. Admittedly, I didn't see that part, but again, she had to click "accept" for him to be added to her friends list. Does that make her suspect? Or perhaps young and stupid?

Facebook STARTED as a way for college kids to network, keep up with their friends, and meet new friends. Then it became something else altogether when they allowed those who did not sign up with their campus email to join. If you sincerely think that it is nothing more than keeping up with family and friends around the world, then you know nothing about the site. It's for social networking.

Now, again, I didn't realize it was his Florence's girlfriend that was added, and that is, at best, a bit borderline, but what harm does it do? Is he going to be swayed about Auburn because some random Auburn fan that he has obviously already friended saw the girl he's put in pictures to show the entire world about his life and decided to friend her as well?

Look, I understand the concern, and I would advise everyone to limit this behavior, but on the other hand, who am I to play Big Brother? This is still a free country (for the time being, at least), and like I said, it isn't as if she declined him.

*Sigh* I give up. There's no way to make everyone happy.

Gents no need to call asking someone to be a friend stalking. The recruits enjoy adding friends and as long as folks are responsible about what they say if they say anything then no big deal in my book. I have seen the stalker comments before and think thats too funny and too offbase. Not saying it can't happen, but not likely. I was also old fashioned and against FB type sites, but I have found it is a great way to keep up on kids, family, friends and what they do. So what if an avid Auburn fan requests to be added as afriend to a recruit or player. As long as they press accepted it is their choice. Just adding my thoughts on the subject. War Eagle!!!

Ya I know he added the GF to keep better tabs, but almost uneccessary since you can see most wall posting on one or the other. Oh well some will agree and some will not, really not worth worrying about in the long run.

By the way if a someone feels annoyed or bothered they can quickly delete them as a friend :pcprobs:

Archived