Just met Will Muschamp!

ESinGA4AU

Brown is in like his 50"s or somethin right? Muschamp is gonna be in waiting for a long time prob.

If He would have hung around AU maybe a good paying head coaching job would have came his way by now.

;)

Muschamp said as long as JJ was the AD, he would never coach at Auburn. They had a huge falling out while he was still with us.

Yep, they don't get along well

Little off subject but no need to start a new thread over an ex DC..... Anyone know what the deal was behind David Gibbs and his one year stay? All I pretty much heard was he didn't fit well with the old staff (wasn't the only one). Just curious because even though he didn't get much credit, he did give us "11" and sadly our last win over UGAy.

Little off subject but no need to start a new thread over an ex DC..... Anyone know what the deal was behind David Gibbs and his one year stay? All I pretty much heard was he didn't fit well with the old staff (wasn't the only one). Just curious because even though he didn't get much credit, he did give us "11" and sadly our last win over UGAy.

I think he just wanted to go back to coaching in the NFL, and the Chiefs offered him a spot so he took it. He was a great coordinator for the time he was with us, we led the SEC in sacks that year i believe

I feel so sorry for Texas Tech.

Coach Tuberville will do very well at TT. He did well at Auburn and would have done better if Lowder and his buddies on the BOT hadn't been gunning for CTT for years.

I expect Tuberville to get the support a head coach deserves from the administration at Texas Tech and I expect the won-loss record to reflect what a good coach can do with the support he deserves.

A bunch of people, including Tuberville and his staff knew that they had one foot on a banana peel at Auburn and Lowder & co. would pull it at first opportunity.

Considering the situation with the BOT, both Auburn and Tuberville are much better off now. I just hope Coach Chizik doesn't knock over one of Lowder's cocktail glasses at a yard party and piss him off. I'd hate to go through another coaching change so soon.

Coach Tuberville will do very well at TT. He did well at Auburn and would have done better if Lowder and his buddies on the BOT hadn't been gunning for CTT for years.

I expect Tuberville to get the support a head coach deserves from the administration at Texas Tech and I expect the won-loss record to reflect what a good coach can do with the support he deserves.

A bunch of people, including Tuberville and his staff knew that they had one foot on a banana peel at Auburn and Lowder & co. would pull it at first opportunity.

Considering the situation with the BOT, both Auburn and Tuberville are much better off now. I just hope Coach Chizik doesn't knock over one of Lowder's cocktail glasses at a yard party and piss him off. I'd hate to go through another coaching change so soon.

x1000.....I could not agree with you more MikeP!

I have noticed so many people have such a short memory when it comes to Coach Tub.

So when xCTT starts sleeping on the steering wheel at TT, I am sure some folks here will start blaming Auburn's BoT.  So what if it doesn't make any sense. 

It was the BoT's fault that tubs signed folks that could'nt qualify. I bow to your wisdom.  :bow:

I already feel sorry for Tech fans, Jim Sowell, Myers etc. 

Wish Toberville had been as good a coach as assistant evaluator.  Take away Pigtrino and Mushchump and he would have been gone LOOONG before.  Just our dumb luck.

Wish Toberville had been as good a coach as assistant evaluator.  Take away Pigtrino and Mushchump and he would have been gone LOOONG before.   Just our dumb luck.

Yeah, that Chizik guy he hired really sucks...

Wish Toberville had been as good a coach as assistant evaluator.  Take away Pigtrino and Mushchump and he would have been gone LOOONG before.   Just our dumb luck.

Im going agree with Mike P on this one... I think Tuberville did an incredible job of hiring assistants. (even though he didnt say what I said)-- I think he knows where im coming from.

Other than Gibbs, and Franklin... tubervilles Hires were awesome if you ask me.

Im going agree with Mike P on this one... I think Tuberville did an incredible job of hiring assistants. (even though he didnt say what I said)-- I think he knows where im coming from.

Just curious but what didn't you like about Gibbs?

Not to mention, over a 5 year period, only USCw won more football games than we did, in the nation. Have we ever had a coach have a 5 year run like that in the history of Auburn University? He left us in bad shape, but the truth is, Coach Tub put us back on the map in college football, no matter what some people want to think. I think if he does that at TT, those fans will go bonkers.

I'm not a Lowder fan by any stretch of the imagination but his control of the program had waned considerably in the last 2-3 years of Tubb's tenure.  He actually dog cussed Jimmy Rane after his drunken post Iron Bowl call to Jimmy Sexton.  In the end Tubbs really did himself in by not being able to follow the very basic business concept of keep business business and personal personal.  i.e. he allowed himself to let his friendship with his long term assistants keep him from bringing in new blood and ideas to the program.

I will wrap up my quasi rant by saying I do hope only the best for CTT at Texas Tech and if he learned his lesson about getting to close to the staff during his time at AU then I think he will do a great job.

Cool story. Thanks for sharing.

Muschamp will always be one of my favorite coaches, regardless of where he is at (unless its UAT HA)

Anyone else wondering why his son was wearing Auburn gear? Isn't Muschamp the coach in waiting at Texas? I think this speaks volumes about Auburn and the impact the university has with everyone and anyone associated with it.

or why he was outside by himself?

they were probably on vacation and the auburn shirt was the only clean shirt the kid had left! :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

I agree with you and Tubs can't blame Lowder for everything. I appreciate what Tubs did for Auburn and we were "almost famous" a few seasons, but never could get it done. In 2004 he/we paid for his promotion of Nall in 2003 and what that NC friendly team did under Nall. Regardless of Jetgate and any beef with Lowder it does not excuse his last 3 years of recruiting and hanging onto unproductive staff members. I wish Tubs well, but he inherited a mess from Bowden and left a mess for Chizik.

War Eagle !

I'm not a Lowder fan by any stretch of the imagination but his control of the program had waned considerably in the last 2-3 years of Tubb's tenure.  He actually dog cussed Jimmy Rane after his drunken post Iron Bowl call to Jimmy Sexton.  In the end Tubbs really did himself in by not being able to follow the very basic business concept of keep business business and personal personal.  i.e. he allowed himself to let his friendship with his long term assistants keep him from bringing in new blood and ideas to the program.

I will wrap up my quasi rant by saying I do hope only the best for CTT at Texas Tech and if he learned his lesson about getting to close to the staff during his time at AU then I think he will do a great job.

This^^.

I believe to this day that Tuberville resigned of his own free will and was not asked to resign.  I think JJ said either "fire some more people or I will" or something along those lines and xCTT refused by resigning.  It makes sense given his reputation and it fits everyone's stories about it (e.g. JJ saying he repeatedly asked xCTT to stay).  It's my only fear about this staff in that I hope this staff doesn't fall into the same trap because they do seem to gel really well and are friendly with each other.  As much as I love Coach Taylor, if our receivers started dropping passes everywhere, I'd expect him to either step his coaching up or be fired. 

i would like to know if muschamp felt like the end was coming because of the franklin hire or what specifically.

i would like to know if muschamp felt like the end was coming because of the franklin hire or what specifically.

I doubt that he would have suddenly realized that the end was near in the 3 weeks between the Franklin hire and his departure.  My guess (and this is only a personal opinion) is that he saw certain members of the staff getting complacent and realized that without the level of drive he has (or our current staff has) that the program could only go downhill.

Cool story. Thanks for sharing.

Muschamp will always be one of my favorite coaches, regardless of where he is at (unless its UAT HA)

Agreed - great defensive mind - lots of fun watching him work - I think he has a long wait ahead of him though....always wish him luck as long as he stays out of Tuscaloser.....

I doubt that he would have suddenly realized that the end was near in the 3 weeks between the Franklin hire and his departure.  My guess (and this is only a personal opinion) is that he saw certain members of the staff getting complacent and realized that without the level of drive he has (or our current staff has) that the program could only go downhill.

My opinion is that Coach Muschamp and JJ had a huge falling out. I say this because when his name was mentioned as our next possible HC, he said as long as JJ was at Auburn he would never coach here.

Muschamp left well a full year before Franklin got there. He left because our recruiting sucked and he got to go and be the coach in waiting at a top 3 coaching job in the nation. Is that enough for you?

Muschamp left well a full year before Franklin got there. He left because our recruiting sucked and he got to go and be the coach in waiting at a top 3 coaching job in the nation. Is that enough for you?

Uh, Franklin arrived at Auburn in time to coach the offense in the Peach Bowl following the 2007 season. Muschamp didn't get hired by Texas until Jan. 4th 2008. They were together on the Auburn staff for a little over a month.

Did Muschamp share any insight on what he thinks is going to happen to the Big 12 (-2) conference.  How long will it last in it's current configuration?

Archived