On The Recruiting Trail With The Mayor and AUSportTalk Summer Defense Edition

AUSportTalk

What about Townsend, Frost, Showers, and Dixon?

Not ST or Mayor, but IMO Townsend has not shown any "real" interest, so that may be why he's not on there... Frost is being recruited to play WR for us... Showers is a possibility, but I haven't heard anything other than he would LIKE to maybe visit... and Dixon justs seems to be farther down the list, so that's maybe why he was left off!  :dunno:

Correct...Thanks D.J.

Hopefully, Frost was left off because he's listed as an athlete.  The question was asked in another thread regarding Alabama's top 40 and why Harrell was omitted.  Mayor, anybody, can you shed some light?  Sure seems strange to me.

No idea why he was left off. There are not 40 better players than Harrell this year in AL. He'd easily be in my top 15.

Good article, and good prospects.  I worry about the lack of a top inside linebacker prospect, as that position really anchors the defense.  I didn't realize Niles was going to play DT, and I think we will have to carefully choose which DT we sign, because I doubt more than one 4* tackle (not counting JUCO) will commit to us with Niles and Blackson already there.  Personally, I'd prefer Gabe Wright. 

Thank you...and you might get your wish. Things are looking good for Wright, although it's early and the fight is anything but over. On linebackers, our staff does it a little different. They want the linebackers they sign to be able to play all three positions. So you're going to see us recruiting faster and possibly smaller linebackers like we had in 2004. So, you won't see any linebackers pigeon holed as a middle linebacker that we go after. They'll all be guys who can run and aren't afraid to hit.

Great list, good job guys!! I do hope we have some more linbackers pop on our radar cause we need at least three to sign this year.

Thank you and thanks to everyone else also. Your thanks are not unnoticed.

I think there will be a few more LB's that will pop up. It's still really early and there are plenty of good ones that Auburn is looking at that we didn't list. We'll get some good LB's, I promise.  :thumbsup: War Eagle!

There is no letting up on Jermaine Whitehead by the Auburn coaches and it appears that it is a strong mutual interest there. Mayor, just how committed is Whitehead to Miss State at this time?

Still committed, but Auburn has made a good impression. I'm putting him in the offensive update next week.

Great summary of our key targets....wow, building a defense with some of those guys should be fun for the coaches!  Based on your list, should we assume Coleman is not in the picture at this point?

Thanks!

There is no letting up on Jermaine Whitehead by the Auburn coaches and it appears that it is a strong mutual interest there. Mayor, just how committed is Whitehead to Miss State at this time?

Still committed, but Auburn has made a good impression. I'm putting him in the offensive update next week.

Looking forward to the read!

Great read Mayor,THANKS!!!!! Coach Chizik is slowly but surely building HIS defense. With CGM offense and a solid Chiz D we will be unstoppable!! :wareagle:

Looking forward to the read!

Thanks buddy. WDE!

Great read Mayor,THANKS!!!!! Coach Chizik is slowly but surely building HIS defense. With CGM offense and a solid Chiz D we will be unstoppable!! :wareagle:

Thanks holmes. Thanks everybody! I've started working on the offense already. WDE!

Mayor, know you've been under the weather, but what's happened to the Offense Edition?

Archived