Ja'Juan Story to Florida

amyjones17

I've been an Auburn fan for 50 years, and I NEVER thought we would be in a position to say : "We are fully stocked with QBs and WRs!!"  But that is a fact, and I like it.  Still think we need to add at least two RBs this class.

Question: when can we re-offer Richardson? We're all pretty positive he'll choose to come back, and hopefully Shon Coleman too. When can they recommit?

Offers and commits can be done at any time. There is nothing binding about either.So we can re-offer them any time we want to. I think it's understood that they both have an offer that they will accept.

When we can re-sign them depends on how Richardson's grades come along. If a slot opens we could re-sign him in January, but it looks like the February signing period will be the first opening available. February is the most likely time for Shon Coleman to re-sign as well.

So Shon will have to re-sign with us? I was wondering how that worked with him having a medical condition. Will he count towards next years class, or the class he originally signed in?

Question: when can we re-offer Richardson? We're all pretty positive he'll choose to come back, and hopefully Shon Coleman too. When can they recommit?

Why would Coleman have to recommit? :cool:

that's good news for collins moore

I don't know about that. I think Joe Morrow has been coach Trooper's top WR prospect from the get go. Next would be the Flowers kid or Woodson Jr. Signing either of them and resigning Richardson would probably be it for the 2011 class.

Shon Coleman will have to re-sign because he will not have enrolled in school. He'll count against the 2011 class if he's ready to go by February. He and Richardson are not counting against the 2010 class, that's why nobody from the 2010 class will have to greyshirt.

The terms "commit" and "offer" have nothing to do with anything official.

Shon Coleman will have to re-sign because he will not have enrolled in school. He'll count against the 2011 class if he's ready to go by February. He and Richardson are not counting against the 2010 class, that's why nobody from the 2010 class will have to greyshirt.

The terms "commit" and "offer" have nothing to do with anything official.

Correct.  I forget when Letters of Intent expire, but they do expire after a certain amount of time if the student-athlete does not enroll.  It might be the start of fall semester, but I am by no means positive on that.

• 6 months later...

I noticed that Story is visiting Ohio State this w/e.  Does anyone know if he has de-comitted from UF and if we would try to get him to take an official to the Plains........or Are we finished with wr's this year?

these kids have yet to even play their senior years.  LOTS of time left guys

These kids just played their senior years. They will be on campus in June.

these kids have yet to even play their senior years.  LOTS of time left guys

These kids just played their senior years. They will be on campus in June.

That was written in June prior to them playing their Senior year.

I noticed that Story is visiting Ohio State this w/e.  Does anyone know if he has de-comitted from UF and if we would try to get him to take an official to the Plains........or Are we finished with wr's this year?

I think we are done at receiver for this year and got who we wanted. :thumbsup:

..... The best part is I truly believe that the kids we are recruiting now are going to see the field and contribute.  A lot of our previous recruiting classes would have some great players, but only a handful would ever make it to their senior season.

Uh, Ricky, we will have 20 seniors this year. That's way more than a handful.

I think that is 4 handfuls!

Archived