South Carolina vs Auburn

doug3020

The last time they came to J-H, the team didn't bring much and lost 48-7.

That loss was to a veteran Auburn team that finished the season 11-2. We could do as well this year but as of right now we're coming off a year in which we lost five of our last eight games.

The Auburn team Spurrier faces this year won't be the same as the one that put that whuppin' on them back in '06.

That loss was to a veteran Auburn team that finished the season 11-2. We could do as well this year but as of right now we're coming off a year in which we lost five of our last eight games.

The Auburn team Spurrier faces this year won't be the same as the one that put that whuppin' on them back in '06.

Mike P, I agree with the point you are making but the 48-7 win was in 2005. We barely got by them in 2006 with that famous 3rd quarter, our team held the ball the entire 15 minutes. Never seen that happen before and probably won't again. I never take any conference game lightly but I will enjoy the crap out of it if we crush them.

Mike P, I agree with the point you are making but the 48-7 win was in 2005. We barely got by them in 2006 with that famous 3rd quarter, our team held the ball the entire 15 minutes. Never seen that happen before and probably won't again. I never take any conference game lightly but I will enjoy the crap out of it if we crush them.

I just want to honestly ask this question... will Spurrier have the guts to give Marcus Lattimore the football in Jordan Hare Stadium?

Im just saying... one hit in the backfield... could really get that crowd going.

I just want to honestly ask this question... will Spurrier have the guts to give Marcus Lattimore the football in Jordan Hare Stadium?

Im just saying... one hit in the backfield... could really get that crowd going.

Dunno how much that matters.  I'd say maybe 30% of the Auburn fans there will even know who Lattimore is much less how close he was to being a tiger.

Dunno how much that matters.  I'd say maybe 30% of the Auburn fans there will even know who Lattimore is much less how close he was to being a tiger.

I bet alot of the student section will know who he his, and they get everyone else going  :hellyeah:

I don't know about that. He was pretty widely known plus with the way we recruited and all the buzz I think most people will know who he is. Man I can't wait to show him what the SEC is all about. I just want a few hits right on the chin. That's not too much to ask

I bet alot of the student section will know who he his, and they get everyone else going  :hellyeah:

MikeP, come on now, theres a good bit a fans that know who he is... Jordan Hare is about to get loud

!

MikeP, come on now, theres a good bit a fans that know who he is... Jordan Hare is about to get loud

!

I'm not MikeP.  I still stand by my point, though.  The number might not be correct, but I still think it will not be a significant factor in how loud it will be.  It'll be loud regardless.

I'm not MikeP.  I still stand by my point, though.  The number might not be correct, but I still think it will not be a significant factor in how loud it will be.  It'll be loud regardless.

It'll be loud, no doubt, but don't think that there won't be a significant portion of the crowd is that much more buzzed because of the way things went down last February. Someone mentioned the student section, and that's spot on: the crowd feeds off of them. With the increased focus on recruiting that Chizik brought with him and the subsequent top 5 national ranking, people who pay attention to football have been paying attention to recruiting battles. All three of my roommates last year in Auburn were bigger recruitniks than I'd ever hung out with, and that's saying something. The battle for Lattimore is one that we'll not soon forget.

it seems this post has taken on a life of its own. Tickets?...I need tickets.....!

-WDE

OOPS! I did blow it on the year. The '06 game was indeed an odd one. In spite of holding the ball all that time we were hanging on by a fingernail at the end.

I don't know about that. He was pretty widely known plus with the way we recruited and all the buzz I think most people will know who he is. Man I can't wait to show him what the SEC is all about. I just want a few hits right on the chin. That's not too much to ask

Like this?...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_74ORY2uICKs/Sw2tpQLHfOI/AAAAAAAABw4/-0JEkIlm4EQ/s1600/11.25p+toro.JPG

Like this?...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_74ORY2uICKs/Sw2tpQLHfOI/AAAAAAAABw4/-0JEkIlm4EQ/s1600/11.25p+toro.JPG

I love it. And i like this too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTDUZhpf37U

I think Craig might have been the only person to get a solid lick on McCluster all year. I was glad to see atleast one person that was about to square up on him

I think Craig might have been the only person to get a solid lick on McCluster all year. I was glad to see atleast one person that was about to square up on him

Bates also got a good shot in on him in that game.  It will be time for someone to put an auburn hat on Mr. Lattimore come this fall.

Bates also got a good shot in on him in that game.  It will be time for someone to put an auburn hat on Mr. Lattimore come this fall.

And maybe Steven Davis will be on the sideline, as Fairley knocks his boy into him, rolling both Lattimore and Davis into the holley bushes, covering them in thrones

And maybe Steven Davis will be on the sideline, as Fairley knocks his boy into him, rolling both Lattimore and Davis into the holley bushes, covering them in thrones

Yeah I did not appreciate davis being there at that poor attempt at theatrics.  Since he informed the coaches of his decision before his announcement you would think that davis would have been told as well and declined to be used as a prop.

Yeah I agree. That make me mad too. There was no reason for him to be there other than to throw people off. I can't wait till someone knocks Lattimore into next week on his first carry. He deservs it for that little show he put on. Man I can't wait

Archived