Mike Blakely talks recruiting

I saw a depth chart in Athlon Sports magazine the other day and we had several running backs listed on the chart (possibly 5+). How many of those are considered true playing time contenders and how many are walk ons? They still had Aycock on the list, but I wasn't cointing him.

I would assume (i know thats a dangerous word) if you are one of the top backs backs in the nation that you have more resources than athlon sports for depth chart information. Although Im not sure i never played college football.

Slightly switching gears, while I have faith in Boulware, I think its time to put the "Full 'Troop' Press" on Blakely.

:-\

That's not why I asked that question....

One of the selling points we are using is playing time. I stated the depth chart I saw showed a good bit of depth at RB. Then, I asked what role some of those on the RB depth chart could potentially play.

I am aware recruits have a little more to rely on than a magazine........

We have four running backs on scholarship, five if you include Ladarius Phillips. Mario Fannin is a senior, Eric Smith is a role player, and Phillips, if used at running back, will be a fullback. Michael Dyer will be the featured back when Fannin leaves, and Onterio McCalebb is the change of pace guy (though with the added weight, he can carry more of a load this year).

The depth chart, as Blakely will be looking at it, is Dyer and McCalebb, because they're the only ones who will take carries away from him.

Everyone seems to forget Cam Newton will be able to shoulder some of the load. I mean, 6-7, 250 lbs, with 4.5 speed...I think AU's ground game will be able to register quite a few  :tdau: this season, with or without Blakely. But I do hope MB picks the tigers.  :wareagle:

Archived