Well Since we got the 100 yd PF lets..........

Guest Autiger88

Brand New bbal Arena = best in nation, Plainsman park, top 5 facility, Swimming facilities = unrivaled, Indoor 100 yard facility = largest in country (according to what im hearing). 9th largest football stadium in the country... with upgrades on the way.

Yep, and if im not mistaken? Isnt the track and field supposed to be upgrading as well?

Sounds like Auburn University is getting serious.

Well, JHS is the 9th largest on campus stadium, and the track and field will likely use the new indoor facility (I haven't heard anything else about upgrading any other track and field facilities, but I might have just missed it); I was actually talking more just about the football program. First class weight room: check. First class living quarters: check. First class stadium: check. First class practice facilities: give it a year.

However, I'd love to see all the Auburn coaches get together and start selling the whole package. Auburn Arena is gonna be incredible!

Brand New bbal Arena = best in nation, Plainsman park, top 5 facility, Swimming facilities = unrivaled, Indoor 100 yard facility = largest in country (according to what im hearing). 9th largest football stadium in the country... with upgrades on the way.

Yep, and if im not mistaken? Isnt the track and field supposed to be upgrading as well?

Sounds like Auburn University is getting serious.

Well, JHS is the 9th largest on campus stadium, and the track and field will likely use the new indoor facility (I haven't heard anything else about upgrading any other track and field facilities, but I might have just missed it); I was actually talking more just about the football program. First class weight room: check. First class living quarters: check. First class stadium: check. First class practice facilities: give it a year.

However, I'd love to see all the Auburn coaches get together and start selling the whole package. Auburn Arena is gonna be incredible!

Actually I believe we have the 7th largest Stadium in the country? minus the on campus deal?

I didnt think about that at all.

:dunno:

88... perhaps I have missed the deal here.

If I am correct here.. Auburn has the 9th largest on campus stadium as Red said.

At the same time, for the most seating capacities, Among (College Football)... I think Auburn is around the 7th best in the Nation just behind Tennessee, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, UGA, and Penn State.

Take in consideration that the largest football stadiums in the nation... include The Cotton Bowl: 92,200... FedEx Field 91,704, and the Rose Bowl 92,542.

These are just a few examples... and to the best of my knowledge... I have no idea if im right or not.

On campus capacities differ from actual NCAA campuses. Perhaps its the venues of where these games are played.

Either way... Jordan Hare is an impressive stadium with improvements on the way.

:dunno:

88... perhaps I have missed the deal here.

If I am correct here.. Auburn has the 9th largest on campus stadium as Red said.

At the same time, for the most seating capacities, Among (College Football)... I think Auburn is around the 7th best in the Nation just behind Tennessee, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, UGA, and Penn State.

Take in consideration that the largest football stadiums in the nation... include The Cotton Bowl: 92,200... FedEx Field 91,704, and the Rose Bowl 92,542.

These are just a few examples... and to the best of my knowledge... I have no idea if im right or not.

On campus capacities differ from actual NCAA campuses. Perhaps its the venues of where these games are played.

Either way... Jordan Hare is an impressive stadium with improvements on the way.

By the way, Red... if you have anything to add... please do. Im just doing a little speculating here.

If Auburn fans fill the seats of Jordan Hare this season then they will look to expand. Expanding is only done if the demand is there because it is extremely expensive to expand. Auburn won't spend that kind of money if those stands will be relatively empty.

American Football Stadiums by capacity

1. Penn State - 107,282

2. Michigan - 106,201

3. Ohio State - 102,329

4. BammerTown - 101,000

5. Texas - 100,119

6. Tennessee - 100,011

7. USCw - 93,607

8. Georgia - 92,746

9. UCLA/Rose Bowl - 92,542

10. LSU - 92,400

11. Cotton Bowl - 92,200

12. Washington Redskins - 91,704

13. Florida - 88,548

14. Auburn - 87,451

... Not too shabby!

American Football Stadiums by capacity

1. Penn State - 107,282

2. Michigan - 106,201

3. Ohio State - 102,329

4. BammerTown - 101,000

5. Texas - 100,119

6. Tennessee - 100,011

7. USCw - 93,607

8. Georgia - 92,746

9. UCLA/Rose Bowl - 92,542

10. LSU - 92,400

11. Cotton Bowl - 92,200

12. Washington Redskins - 91,704

13. Florida - 88,548

14. Auburn - 87,451

... Not too shabby!

maybe my speculations were off by a long shot... if you take away the cotton, rose, redskins, perhaps Auburn bumps up a few spots for the On Campus capacity?

Either way... I agree... its not to shabby at all.

We are a top 15 program all time in wins... and we are a top 15 program in stadium capacity. I love it.

We are 9th on campus by capacity. So you wasn't far off.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Anyone know which of those 13 ahead of us aren't on campus? GA mentioned the Cotton, Rose, and Redskins' stadiums, but which other two aren't on campus? Is The Coliseum (USCw) on campus?

No Red , the Coliseum is not on campus.

Okay, so that's four, which other one isn't on campus? Or are we now the 10th largest?

Jonesy, correct me if I am wrong as I am on occasion, but I read a quote from a prospect this spring on one of the premium sites. He said the coaching staff told him we would soon both build an indoor practice facility and expand Jordan-Hare. Unless he misunderstood our coaches, it appears expansion is imminent.

If Auburn fans fill the seats of Jordan Hare this season then they will look to expand. Expanding is only done if the demand is there because it is extremely expensive to expand. Auburn won't spend that kind of money if those stands will be relatively empty.

Jonesy, correct me if I am wrong as I am on occasion, but I read a quote from a prospect this spring on one of the premium sites. He said the coaching staff told him we would soon both build an indoor practice facility and expand Jordan-Hare. Unless he misunderstood our coaches, it appears expansion is imminent.

Heres the deal, the expansion is coming one way or another... but the first and (in my opinion, the most important factor) - is to get this indoor facility. Auburn will always expand Jordan Hare... that is a given. Even if they add a few hundred seats at a time, or go monstro and add 6,000 seats. For now... this indoor facility is a must have.

Jordan Hare is always going to be impressive... Auburn has the best fans in the country... even if a few dont show up.

wouldn't it make sense to lower the cost of tickets just maybe a lil bit so that more ppl could actually afford to come to the games? we have the most expensive tickets in the SEC correct? how about lowering the cost just a lil bit and i think that could attract more ppl to be able to afford to come to the games and fill the seats and possibly sell out on a frequent bases.

The Coliseum isn't on the campus of USC but it is like 2 feet away from the campus (ok, more than 2 feet. Its right across the street though).

The Coliseum isn't on the campus of USC but it is like 2 feet away from the campus (ok, more than 2 feet. Its right across the street though).

If it's that close, then the only reason it's not a part of the campus is because of something along the lines of wanting to serve alcohol in the stadium. Maybe that's not it, but if there weren't a reason similar to that, they'd just make it part of the campus.

If it's that close, then the only reason it's not a part of the campus is because of something along the lines of wanting to serve alcohol in the stadium. Maybe that's not it, but if there weren't a reason similar to that, they'd just make it part of the campus.

The Olympics have been held in LA twice (1932 and 1984) and the Coliseum served as the site for the opening and closing ceremonies both times. The Coliseum is in the middle of Exposition Park (only a 17 acre park so it's not that big) which functioned as an "olympic village" during the Olympics. Also in the park besides the Coliseum is a swimming and diving stadium and a basketball/multi-purpose arena all built for the olypmics. The south end of USC's campus bumps into the north end of Exposition Park, so because of the proximity of the university to the stadium, it would make sense for USC to lease the stadium and use it for home games.

The Coliseum was also the home stadium for UCLA up until 1981 when they moved to the Rose Bowl.

The Olympics have been held in LA twice (1932 and 1984) and the Coliseum served as the site for the opening and closing ceremonies both times. The Coliseum is in the middle of Exposition Park (only a 17 acre park so it's not that big) which functioned as an "olympic village" during the Olympics. Also in the park besides the Coliseum is a swimming and diving stadium and a basketball/multi-purpose arena all built for the olypmics. The south end of USC's campus bumps into the north end of Exposition Park, so because of the proximity of the university to the stadium, it would make sense for USC to lease the stadium and use it for home games.

The Coliseum was also the home stadium for UCLA up until 1981 when they moved to the Rose Bowl.

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

Auburn is loaded with money, it's not like the indoor practice facility will slow down stadium expansion, it won't even put a dent in our pocket book. Truth be known the money that is needed to build the indoor facility is donated.  Stadium expansion is already up and running, designs are being made as we speak

Auburn is loaded with money, it's not like the indoor practice facility will slow down stadium expansion, it won't even put a dent in our pocket book. Truth be known the money that is needed to build the indoor facility is donated.  Stadium expansion is already up and running, designs are being made as we speak

Not disagreeing with you or saying you're wrong, but where are you getting this information about expansion?

Archived