Just received some HUGE recruiting news........

AUSportTalk

Ok, here's some real news that I can guarantee! We will have 25 - 28 of the top recruits in America at Big Cat next week. Yes, there will be at least two recruits that commit to us on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday following Big Cat Weekend. These commitments will be followed by another 17 to 18 commitments between now and February 2011. We will sign all 25 to 28 of these players to play football at Auburn University. ( not the University of Auburn ). All of these players will play either offense or defense, and they will all be males... All of the players we we sign this year will be good football players, yet none of them will possess the skills of Wade Christopher.. For more recruiting updates, please check back in a few days.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malzahn has already won the National Offensive Coordinator of the Year in 2006 and didnt bolt for a HC job... I dont see him going anywhere after this year either... I think he has been looking to build an Outstanding program and Auburn has given him that opportunity.... I dont think he goes anywhere until after we make it to the Big Dance (which I foresee in the near future!)

Jeff Driskel is decommitting from Florida and says he'll sign with Auburn? That would make me real happy.

As for Coach Gus leaving, I don't see it. We Auburn fans think he's the tops. Put yourself in the position of AD at a big university and he's not a good choice for your next head coach right now. In a few years, maybe.

:tease:

I figured this would get ya'll stirred up a little.  HA!

I would realy want this to be about Shannon Brown bc i just want to stick it to Bama and that guy looks awesome...If i was betting, all my chips would be on Frazier

Where's Mrinsider?? He would know and tell us!! Lol!!!

OK now that's funny!  :thumbsup:

Countdown to the "who do you think St's big recruiting news is about" thread in 5...4...3...2...1...

First of all, let the "Gus leaving" crap on another message board.....I'm about to the point where I wanna delete every thread and ban everyone that even talks about it b/c it's absolutely ridiculous how some of you are acting about Malzahn. I have told you several times that he plans to be here for several years unless he was offered a coaching job at a big-time BCS school that was ready to win a National Title......why would he leave when will be in National Title contention in 1 or 2 years? Millions? Well go talk to him about how he feels about how much he is making right now and how much he loves Auburn.

:banghead: Enough with the Gus crap....some of you are like little kids...."Momma I really want a new toy....come on Momma I want a new toy." Look you're not getting a new toy b/c the old one isn't broken!  :devil:

Countdown to the "who do you think St's big recruiting news is about" thread in 5...4...3...2...1...

I can tell you right now that there are only about 10-15 people that know about this HUGE news and most of the 10-15 are on the coaching staff so there aren't that many and I doubt if Mr. Insider knows hahahaha

I can tell you right now that there are only about 10-15 people that know about this HUGE news and most of the 10-15 are on the coaching staff so there aren't that many and I doubt if Mr. Insider knows hahahaha

do you want to make that list +1?  :tease:

First of all, let the "Gus leaving" crap on another message board.....I'm about to the point where I wanna delete every thread and ban everyone that even talks about it b/c it's absolutely ridiculous how some of you are acting about Malzahn. I have told you several times that he plans to be here for several years unless he was offered a coaching job at a big-time BCS school that was ready to win a National Title......why would he leave when will be in National Title contention in 1 or 2 years? Millions? Well go talk to him about how he feels about how much he is making right now and how much he loves Auburn.

:banghead: Enough with the Gus crap....some of you are like little kids...."Momma I really want a new toy....come on Momma I want a new toy." Look you're not getting a new toy b/c the old one isn't broken!  :devil:

THANK YOU ST!!!!!!!!!

I am getting sick and tired of it too!  Lets enjoy the next several years and enjoy what we are seeing right now. Geez!!

I wish you would block the naysayers.  As for most of the fans on here:

:believe:   in       :wareagle:

For reals.  I think the reason its brought isn't that peopl eWANT him to be gone, they are afraid of the time he's gone.  But I agree, Gus is da man.

Now in regards to the information you are holding, how HUGE is a capital 'HUGE'

I mean are we talking dyer huge or what?

Guest auburn warrior

THANK YOU ST!!!!!!!!!

I am getting sick and tired of it too!  Lets enjoy the next several years and enjoy what we are seeing right now. Geez!!

I wish you would block the naysayers.  As for most of the fans on here:

:believe:   in       :wareagle:

i hate to pick sides in the auburn family but i agree with yall if you are in a hurry to see gus leave then stop coming to the games and supporting the team, but gus is here to stay as long as he wants and when he does leave records are gonna be broken

The thought actually crossed my mind this morning when I signed on about trashing all these "Gus leaving" threads.  It is a tired subject.  ST spoke directly to the man and he told ya'll what he said.  That should be enough.  On another note, feel good, guys, about recruiting and the overall direction of our athletic program.  Great things are happening!  WDE!!!

HUGE is likely a reference to size as it was during last year's class when a similar tease was made.  My bet's on a lineman.  Drew or an OT from Arky.

Auburn is bigger than any OC or coach or player and when we have a coach that truly believes in Auburn, believes in recruiting, and recruiting well, it doesnt matter who is the OC, great players will come.  We have alot more to offer than just a great offensive mind calling plays. I really believe Tubbs could have recruited better with more effort and imagination, same with Lebo, because Auburn is truly a special place with special people.

HUGE is likely a reference to size as it was during last year's class when a similar tease was made.  My bet's on a lineman.  Drew or an OT from Arky.

Ha! ST does like to leave bread crumbs for us to nibble on.. "Huge" hmmmm

Ha! ST does like to leave bread crumbs for us to nibble on.. "Huge" hmmmm

Eat'em up!! Hurry!!  :laugh:

First of all, THIS... vvv

Just received some HUGE recruiting news........

...means that something BIG is about to go down! I've been here long enough to know that!!!  :thumbsup:

And like I've already said, if it's a commitment from KF, I'm gonna... pickle.gif

I'm about to the point where I wanna delete every thread and ban everyone that even talks about it

Second, THIS ^^^ I REALLY wish ya'll would just give me access to the "BAN" button, b/c I think I'd make a REAL good Deputy!

Sheriffcactuar2.jpg

So this 'HUGE' news... could it also be considered MAJOR news...  give us an adverb with your adjective... something here to chew on.  I've still got 5 hours left at work :(

ST, I have a question that you may or may not answer. Is this HUGE news about an individual we've already been discussing on this site or will it be shocker? You know, a one of those, "Wow! Didn't see that coming. Woo hoo!!!!" Thanks for your response in advance.

Do some of you people realize the effect all this "Gus is leaving" stuff has on our offensive recruits?  For instance, if I was Frazier and I was reading this thread I would be demoralized and looking at other options.

:banghead:

ST, I have a question that you may or may not answer. Is this HUGE news about an individual we've already been discussing on this site or will it be shocker? You know, a one of those, "Wow! Didn't see that coming. Woo hoo!!!!" Thanks for your response in advance.

It's def a name that everyone knows. They have been on campus at least once between 2009-2010.

Archived