ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Expect this has been discussed numerous times but how did Craig Kimbrell end up at Wallace State and then to the majors by age 22?  Did he fall through the cracks or did someone teach him how to throw that amazing fast ball after he got signed?  Looks like he should have been at AU or UAT out of HS.

I really like the way this team is put together.  If Heyward gets hot I think they wil begin to score significantly more runs. They don't need them now the way they are playing defense but they will need them to beat the phils and Yankees and such

Expect this has been discussed numerous times but how did Craig Kimbrell end up at Wallace State and then to the majors by age 22?   Did he fall through the cracks or did someone teach him how to throw that amazing fast ball after he got signed?  Looks like he should have been at AU or UAT out of HS.

My friend played at Wallace and caught a bullpen by Kimbrel. Wallace was the #1 Juco in the nation when Kimbrel was there. They also had Derek Holland of the Rangers. Mostly people will go there if their grades are bad and they can't make it into a bigger college. Good players often get overlooked and once they get to college, talent can change greatly. I played at BSC (division 3) and one of my former teammates got drafted by the twins

Here are the pitching matchups for the series(CT):

Tonight(6:10) - Hernandez(4.36 ERA) vs Jurrjens(2.71 ERA)

Tomorrow(6:10) - Lannan(3.59 ERA) vs Lowe(4.63 ERA)

Thursday(6:10) - Wang(3.82 ERA) vs Huddy(3.10 ERA)

And just for those wondering, here are the WC standings with 32 games left:

Braves

Giants 9 GB

Cards 9.5 GB