ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Huddy flying back to Atl. with a bad back which explains what happen the other night and Nate McLouth just hurt himself while swinging in the top of the 1st. Jes  :o

Losing Tim would hurt. 

Great win.......

Some great pitching by Venters to get out of those jams set up by the errors in his 2 innings. Look at those ERA's for the relievers that pitched today.. I think we are seeing a trend toward more small ball for sure....

Scott Proctor  2.25 

Eric O'Flaherty 1.38 

Jonny Venters  0.59

George Sherrill  2.19

Craig Kimbrel    2.66

Should be the Closer IMO!!!

^^THIS^^

Shhh!  I don't want Freddie Gonzalez to hear that.  Kimbrel is one of my closers in FB.  :laugh:

I read this somewhere and I thought it described our rivalry with Philly pretty well

"The Braves are the ideal, the all-smiling, all-winning starched-and-ironed All-American heroes, while the Phillies are a team that looked and played like it was assembled out of spare parts."

I didn't think Kimbrel looked that great. He didn't have command and made the 9th scarier than it should've been. BUT having said that, I was highly impressed that he still had velocity after appearing in 5 of the last 6 games and that he was able to get out of the inning without damage.

I really like that Gearrin (sp?) kid...