VERY INTERESTING comment by Bryan Matthews...

waregl87

Tomorrow we get a commitment from Marcus,then Wednesday we get Jones & Lemonier ......... by mid-day we pick-up Swilling or Beasley. Then DJ slips away to Kentucky ....... and just in time for Sports Center on ESPN, we steal Ronald Powell from Florida, to not only give us the #1 class this year, but the "Best Ever" since recruiting classes have been graded (passing USCw) !!!

Then the College football world can see Gene Chizik for what he really is ............

[move]chiz.gif[/move]

a Dancing ......... Coaching .......... Recruiting ........... "MACHINE" !!!!!

:believe: :believe: :wareagle::believe: :believe:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow we get a commitment from Marcus,then Wednesday we get Jones & Lemonier ......... by mid-day we pick-up Swilling or Beasley. Then DJ slips away to Kentucky ....... and just in time for Sports Center on ESPN, we steal Ronald Powell from Florida, to not only give us the #1 class this year, but the "Best Ever" since recruiting classes have been graded (passing USCw) !!!

Then the College football world can see Gene Chizik for what he really is ............

[move]chiz.gif[/move]

a Dancing ......... Coaching .......... Recruiting ........... "MACHINE" !!!!!

:believe: :believe: :wareagle::believe: :believe:

I like your dancing Chizik!  But seriously, you post just made my arm hairs stand up.  It is very possible to be #1.  That was Chiziks goal when he was hired.

chiz.gif

Keenan Allen.... to Auburn University...

and no... I have nothing to base it on...

Just thinking out loud. Allen wants to get away from bammer because they have signed way to many defensive backfield recruits.

He was interested in Clemson...but one phone call and he is back in the SEC, at a top school that needs him.  Coach C says.. "keep it quiet, we'll shock them on NSD"

Keenan is going where ever his brother goes. So unless we have room for him, I think he is headed elsewhere.

Now if I'm not mistaken, Matthews' article referred to surprises, as in plural, on NSD.  Not to be the party pooper, but I seriously doubt it is Ronald Powell, Jarrick Williams, etc.  Not knocking Swilling or Beasley, but I dont think an unforeseen 3 star would be a "surprise" worthy of note.  Not to be a ratings snob, but there may be 100 3 stars out there we could get with a phone call and some effort by signing day, if our coaches had chosen.  

I think you will see a pattern for our coaching staff where we get the 3 stars we want early on.  

Most likely, any surprise commitment is someone we dont have as a big target, and someone who has visited already, whether officially or unofficially, and probably 4 stars and up.  This makes for a small list of potential recruits.

Darius Robinson and Mack Brown seem like the most obvious options, since they visited.  But we may have had other "surprise" visitors that may have escaped the notice of the various Mods from here and elsewhere.  We talk about Ambles, and say he is ours if we want him, but that is rather silly.  We do a good job of closing the deal once we get players to Auburn, but until he visits, if he does after signing day, I wouldn't even speculate on him.  We really have few positions of need at the moment.  3 DT's is enough.  We mention higher rated DB's, bt we do have 4 DB's in this class.  If we get Lemonier, we will have 4 DE's in this class.  So anyone else we get...it's icing on the cake.  I'm not buying the 3 RB's being a goal of the coaching staff.  They didnt recruit Howard as a running back.  He was recruited to play safety.  We offered to give him his shot at RB.  But we never intended to sign 3 tailbacks.  Now two tailbacks and an HB, maybe.  Anyway, I digress.  It seems we have a shot at one or two 4 star players we didnt expect.  I'm quite curious as to who it is, but we will see soon enough. Let's enjoy the last few hours of the ride and see how it goes.

Archived