Coleman Update

TgrPrde1

Basically, the information I have is that Alabama is no longer in contention for Shon Coleman's signature. What I don't know is if he told them no thanks or they never gave him a committable offer. As I said on my thread, with Shon Coleman away from Saban he will make the right choice.

Anyways, as far as I know the only major contender left besides Auburn is Ole Miss. Shon doesn't want to stay in state. I'm extremely confident about Shon Coleman signing with us.

War Eagle boys and gals.

I'll take your word on it, although I never doubted he was going anywhere. Oh and War Eagle for 885 online for JWitt!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard OLE MISS don't have an OC .There are big questions about their offens.........Maybe the suprise might becomming out of OLE MISS :dunno:  I also heard Patrick Nix is on short list for OC.

I think the Rubes hired former bammer OC Dave Rayder.  :-\

I listening to Jox in Birmingham on the home and Finescum had Cecil Hurt on (Tuscaloser News Sports Editor).

We was talking about Alabama and Auburn Recruiting. He stated that Shon wants to go the Bammer and Bama will have him if they want him. He said he was raw and not strong enough to contribute and needs a year of maturity. He said Saban may evaluate Stone and the kid from Maryland higher and tell SC that there's no room. If Bammer doesn't accept him, he'll probably go the AU. Basically a back up plan. He didn't show much respect for Shon. I don't know if that means he still ours or if they are really that arrogant. He discounted SC as the top player in Miss. by saying it is a down year for talent in MS. He really ticked me off. I just wish SC could hear the attitude by the Bammers. I hope it is just posturing for SC signing with us. War Eagle, Let's finish strong!!

I REALLY hate BAMMER

I listening to Jox in Birmingham on the home and Finescum had Cecil Hurt on (Tuscaloser News Sports Editor).

We was talking about Alabama and Auburn Recruiting. He stated that Shon wants to go the Bammer and Bama will have him if they want him. He said he was raw and not strong enough to contribute and needs a year of maturity. He said Saban may evaluate Stone and the kid from Maryland higher and tell SC that there's no room. If Bammer doesn't accept him, he'll probably go the AU. Basically a back up plan. He didn't show much respect for Shon. I don't know if that means he still ours or if they are really that arrogant. He discounted SC as the top player in Miss. by saying it is a down year for talent in MS. He really ticked me off. I just wish SC could hear the attitude by the Bammers. I hope it is just posturing for SC signing with us. War Eagle, Let's finish strong!!

I REALLY hate BAMMER

^^^^This^^^^

Basically, the information I have is that Alabama is no longer in contention for Shon Coleman's signature. What I don't know is if he told them no thanks or they never gave him a committable offer. As I said on my thread, with Shon Coleman away from Saban he will make the right choice.

Anyways, as far as I know the only major contender left besides Auburn is Ole Miss. Shon doesn't want to stay in state. I'm extremely confident about Shon Coleman signing with us.

War Eagle boys and gals.

FWIW All the information I have on Shon Coleman agrees with this. The one added factor I have is that Shon was extended a committable offer while in Tuscaloosa. It was a time sensitive offer. In other words he had to commit quickly or no offer. He chose instead to continue on to Miami. While I have not listened to the Jox statement by Cecil Hurt, this would be the second confirmation of what I had previously been told. Nick Saban did not go to Olive Branch Mississippi to tell Shon Coleman he was a backup plan. The story from Cecil Hurt is confirmation that Shon Coleman did not take their offer and they do not believe he will. Cecil Hurt is an Alabama beat reporter and a direct media link to Nick Saban. They will also be playing down Keenan Allen and his brother. They will likely say that they refused to offer a package deal even though they did. It is simply some more of the lies and subterfuge that is routine out of Tuscaloosa.

I don't subscribe to scout, but I've seen in two places that Mississippi analyst Yancy Porter has Coleman to Auburn.  Could be a stronger endorsement, and I'd prefer a direct quote, but here you go.

Miami could be too far from home in the end. Alabama has too much depth on the offensive line. Auburn there are no negatives. Ole Miss is close to home but there are some issues behind the scenes. Looks like he could be leaning back towards Auburn now. I would put them as the front runner!

I REALLY hate BAMMER

Coleman needs to get stronger and mature? You can basically apply that to any OL coming out of high school, right? What % of starting offensive lineman are true freshman? Sounds like the guy is grasping at straws for any way to discount a possible Coleman LOI to Auburn, which I believe will happen Wednesday morning.

Jonesy or Alabamapaper, what is your source?

I believe you but I am just wondering because I want to keep Coleman more than just about anything concerning recruiting.

I am sorry I can not give up this source. I would no longer get information if I did. I do not mind if you do not Take it for what its worth though. It is entirely up to you.

War Eagle boys and gals.

As far as having a commitable offer....according to Andrew Bone, he did.  He also tweeted they would "make it happen".  Of course, that was on Thursday when the turds were riding the excitement of Coleman's visit.

They are so arrogant!!!!  FWIW, Bone has conceded Coleman to back to us, says he will sign with Auburn.

I know he had a committable offer, but that doesn't mean it's still committable. I think they got favorable news from James Stone and they no longer see Shon Coleman as a priority.

I REALLY hate BAMMER

someone should call the little putz up after NSD and ask him what happened when Stone goes to UT and Shon still goes to AU.

He's a homer and a moron. Shon looked much better in the All Star game than Stone did. There is a reason Shon got a late 5th star and Stone did not.

I REALLY hate BAMMER

Thanks for sharing, but why do you listen to that garbage? You have to have thick skin not to get mad.

Cecil is right and Fluger was too strong and too far developed.  They were afraid to play Fluger because he would hurt too many people.  He sat this year eating butterfingers and not working out so he would not be so much better than everyone else.  Thanks Coach Saban for spending three of the five days before the quite period speaking with your back up plan.  You must have taken Time Management 101 from Coach Les Miles.  WDE Shon.

This is from Scout (free).

Link:

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/942923.html

12:55pm - Shon Coleman is on his way back from Miami visit right now. Miami could be too far from home in the end. Alabama has too much depth on the offensive line. Auburn there are no negatives. Ole Miss is close to home but there are some issues behind the scenes. Looks like he could be leaning back towards Auburn now. I would put them as the front runner! - Yancy Porter, Scout.com Mississippi analyst

special-ed-crank-yankers-audio-junkies-forum.jpg

When is he going to pick a team?

Shon Coleman picked Auburn long ago. He simply reserved his right to bolt if he found a place he liked a lot better. He chose Auburn and visited these other universities. If he had found one that was better he would be committed to them now. He will sign to Auburn on Wednesday and it will likely be one of the first in.

Cecil is right and Fluger was too strong and too far developed.  They were afraid to play Fluger because he would hurt too many people.  He sat this year eating butterfingers and not working out so he would not be so much better than everyone else.  Thanks Coach Saban for spending three of the five days before the quite period speaking with your back up plan.   You must have taken Time Management 101 from Coach Les Miles.  WDE Shon.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Typical bammer spin, if he choses somewhere else, it must have been because bammer didn't want him.  Kind of similar to how they chose to not pursue Keenan anymore, and have forced him to go elsewhere.

Archived