Howard Lattimore Connection

87aubie

First, I have no source.  OK, now that I got that out of the way.  I've noticed on a couple of other boards (rivals, scout) that there is some "rumor" that Howard and Lattimore have connected and are rumored to have been told different stories by our staff.  Some have opined that it may cost us both recruits.  Question for ST, Mayor, etc.  Anything you've heard to confirm/deny this line of thinking?  Thanks!

Not only do I think this would be totally out of character for our staff, it doesn't make sense.  Why would our coaches have to lie to Lattimore about their plans with Howard?  Do you think the number one running back in the country would be overly concerned about us giving Howard a shot at running back?  He's not that worried about sharing the load with Dyer.  Come on...

These recruits talk to each other more then ever these days and based on how our coaches are I am pretty confident they told Howard excatly what they expected for him and from him. Also what embellished story are you going to tell a 5* running back. This is a non story to me and opposing fans stirring trouble.

Famous quote sums up this thread..."Stupid is as stupid does"...    :-\

No reason to allow gumps to high jack anything from AU....period!

:pcprobs:

Guys, come on, the original poster here might be wrong (or right) but it is not fair to call the man a bammer just because he says something we/I do not want to hear. The guy has 104 posts on this site, did he JUST NOW become a bammer or did he post 104 fake posts so he could slip this one weak bammer comment in here?

Think people think.

His weak point is as valid and the 9999 other baseless, albeit positive, opinions posted here. Do we really want a site where people only say what we want to hear?

First, I have no source.  OK, now that I got that out of the way.  I've noticed on a couple of other boards (rivals, scout) that there is some "rumor" that Howard and Lattimore have connected and are rumored to have been told different stories by our staff.  Some have opined that it may cost us both recruits.  Question for ST, Mayor, etc.  Anything you've heard to confirm/deny this line of thinking?  Thanks!

Not only do I think this would be totally out of character for our staff, it doesn't make sense.  Why would our coaches have to lie to Lattimore about their plans with Howard?  Do you think the number one running back in the country would be overly concerned about us giving Howard a shot at running back?  He's not that worried about sharing the load with Dyer.  Come on...

Another thing to remember, this rumor/lie broke one week before the final visit our coaching staff paid to Lattimore. We got increased chances of Lattimore signing after that visit. I would say this completely debunks this rumor/lie. Lattimore might or might not sign with Auburn. Either way it will have nothing to do with this fiction.

Guys, come on, the original poster here might be wrong (or right) but it is not fair to call the man a bammer just because he says something we/I do not want to hear. The guy has 104 posts on this site, did he JUST NOW become a bammer or did he post 104 fake posts so he could slip this one weak bammer comment in here?

Think people think.

His weak point is as valid and the 9999 other baseless, albeit positive, opinions posted here. Do we really want a site where people only say what we want to hear?

I don't think anyone is calling the original poster a bammer.  I think posters are saying the rumor was started by a bammer or a cocky. 

Poster from TOS premium that is supporting this report is  very reliable. If he is worried, then I am worried. If Lattimore calls our coaches, maybe they can straighten out this misunderstanding.

Do you know that the TOS source is reliable ?  If so, how do you know this ? There are a lot of posters on Rival and only a few have reliable sources. I read the bunker everyday and have not seen this talked about. Was it on Scout ?

I think this rumor is at least a week and a half old and has no credibility.  I think that in this day of mass communication that our coaches are smart enough to know that high profile recruits talk to each other regularly and anything the coaches say will be public knowledge.  I think/hope the coaches would never try something like cross talking to any recruit(s).

:banghead:

Exactly what ST said to me earlier, problem is that he doesn;t have time to stay on the messageboard today to delete all of these rumors. This one has been out there a while. There is no inside information that shows that this or any of the others are true. As of the last recruiting break down, nothing has changed. At this point rumors are going to fly because there is nothing coming out. 40 minutes until Whittaker commits to?  I believe Auburn, but at this point, who knows. Would be a huge pick-up.

You can tell by the vagueness of these types of rumors that they are crap. They take a couple of facts about the situation and throw in some lies to make it believable and everyone flips out. You can tell all they really knew was that DJ was wavering and ML wasn't a AU lock, yet.

Archived