UPDATE ***Server

The Duke

Is the server working smoother than it was?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Is the server working smoother than it was?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys and Gals, just vote on this poll and go buy a shirt or two.  It is obvious that the crowd of people was too much for the server to handle.  The only way to fix it is to buy more shirts or you can even donate. 

For the record: After the first crash of this site (E. Mack announcement), ST stated he would work to immediately address upgrading server. He did and it is faster on lower traffic days. He also said that he is looking to change carriers and other options because he is not happy. However, he didn't want to make a major change right before NSD and risk losing connection all together. He was assured the upgrade would handle the traffic, but sounds like his carriers input is not as relaible as his (in relation to recruiting). I only post this so he doesn't have to rehash all this again. He clearly recognizes the issues.

ST - clarify if I didn't capture your thoughts from previous threads correctly. I think I have it.

Good news: We landed J Whit. Many had to wait an extra 10 minutes, but oh how sweet!

ST - Could you lock the server down to just memebers tomorrow (around when Latt announces)? That might give a good gauge as to what NSD will be like. If it crashes even if you lock lurkers out, then we may have to consider asking people to limit the comments right after you post. Not all of us have FB or Twitter. You may have to personally call me :)  :pcprobs::we:

Upgrading the server again. If you guys can try facebook and twitter it would help us out a ton. This hosting company is getting ridiculous.

Hopefully going members only will knock the traffic down to a manageable level. I don't know what I'll do if I can't get to AE on the big day!

Upgrading the server again. If you guys can try facebook and twitter it would help us out a ton. This hosting company is getting ridiculous.

They must be the same bammers who screw us on the Rivals rankings and pay recruits!!! J/k  :we:

Guys. All I have to say is PLEASE donate or purchase a shirt b/c we are about to throw down another $275 for the server b/c we are trying to ensure all of you guys/gals a great National Signing Day. We hope to know more about the server later tonight but as of right now IM PISSED!!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I am unable to donate money right now, but as long as Twitter is working good on Wednesday, I will just use that, and let others see this site.

ST, I just put some coin in the hat to go along with my t-shirt purchase.  I hope some others on this site who have the means to give a little extra are willing to do so to help out with improving the infrastructure to support our need for information.

Thanks for your continued efforts to build a solid rock for the rest of us to stand upon as we seek our daily fix for news from abroad concerning our beloved AUBURN TIGERS.

:wedance:

Note:

Site running very slowly and times out at approx 7:45PM on 2/1/10.

We are in the process of upgrading for the second time in 3 days as we speak.

Note:

Site running very slowly and times out at approx 7:45PM on 2/1/10.

We are in the process of upgrading for the second time in 3 days as we speak.

Thank you for all the hard work you are putting into this ST. I know it must be unbelievably aggravating, so I just wanted to let you know how much your time and energy means.  Thank you

Everything is working good for me here, but earlier today when Whit announced it really did take about 10 minutes to load haha! Shows how many people really know about this site and our sources info and what what they have to say along with the members.

ST...for the computer geek's among us, give some of your statistics...ex: hits per hour, bandwidth usage....ect.

ST...for the computer geek's among us, give some of your statistics...ex: hits per hour, bandwidth usage....ect.

Check the stats info at the bottom of the message boards page.  Look at "more stats"

Mines been fine except today right at 1 when whitaker commited. The site pretty much crashed but thank god for Ustream. Got to watch JW commit :yay:

Archived