UPDATE ***Server

The Duke

Is the server working smoother than it was?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. Is the server working smoother than it was?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Me too! I guess we will just have to suffer through the problems until after National Signing Day b/c we have upgraded the server but we need to update the SMF Message Boards as well and that can't happen before NSD. Everyone make sure you sign up for Twitter text alerts b/c I am not very confident in the site running smooth.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Tell ST to start a rumor that Latt just secretly committed... sit back and wait... THEN we'll know how well the new server's working!  :laugh: Seriously though... works great!  :thumbsup:

Brandon - The server is much faster on refresh rate of long threads. Of course, for the most part it has always been good until we had the E Mack server crash. Like DJ, we need a big story to really test this out. When we get J Whit tomorrow, I think we'll have our test. Look closely at 2 pm est traffic - lol

Bad news Brandon - Took 10 minutes to get on today to hear about J Whit. Several database errors recieved. Worse than the E. Mack day. I know we have to limp along, but unfortunate I can't get news here. Also extremely slow...... War Eagle!

Yep. Me too! I guess we will just have to suffer through the problems until after National Signing Day b/c we have upgraded the server but we need to update the SMF Message Boards as well and that can't happen before NSD. Everyone make sure you sign up for Twitter text alerts b/c I am not very confident in the site running smooth.

Thanks for your support and patience.

ST - You always need a backdoor on the site - lol. When you lock down the site to non-members on NSD that may help, but wow.....it is slow.....I'm here now though. J Whit came home. All good!

This is more painful than childbirth...

“Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price.”  ~  Vince Lombardi

Thanks so much, we are working to get these problems taken care of. The server is upgraded, but we still have a plan on moving to a new host after NSD. War Eagle, I know that ST should have some updates tomorrow night.

I works slower for me and times out about half the time.

This is just a suggestion.

I love to post as much as any other member, but come here for the news as much as anything else. Maybe on NSD you can lock down all the threads until say 6 p.m. and just post who signs with us. After 6 p.m., or so, we could all be able to post and celebrate what our staff has done.

All time record 884 users on at 1:21 so that caused the slow down I presume.  What's it gonna be like on NSD with 4000 members?   It could be really slow

:tdau:

Today was the first time I've had any problems what so ever. I hope its not the same come NSD. I was looking forward to celebrating this signing day without being around a bunch of mullies  :beatmullet: . It took nearly 25 minutes just to make this post.

As a few people have mentioned it was really slow when everybdoy accessed for Whitaker. Maybe on Wednesday to help everybody the majority of us should just let a few Key people like ST post pertinant data and we just read instead of Posting.

I don't know about most of you but getting the information in a timely manner is more important to me then my puting my 2 cents in which with inflation is probably only worth 1 cent anyway.

Af for the Whiatler announcement  :tdau:

Archived