Trovon Reed

brad4au

Can Ambles play DB?

Counting the four committed players, Auburn will already have 13 WR on scholarship next year. Ambles would be 14.

I'd rather the coaches beat the bushes for a 3* DT with upward potential than fool around with Ambles, unless they want him to play DB.

===================================================================================== 

agree 100%

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen film on him but I watched at the aaa game and he can definitely catch, I think he will add as another weapon and if we get him he should play early and get a quite a few catches since everyone will key on Darvin(won't work though). I believe that Reed will be a do-everything kind of player IMO, and of all our athletes I see Kitchens eventually ending up on D, but he will be tried at wr first. But man that guy can lay some wood! :aufb::wareagle::wedance::party:

Reed is a much better WR then Ambles. Have you seen his highlight film I was not impressed.  :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Ambles dominated at the All American game he has great measurables and is the kind of player you don't turn down.

Another reason the coaches are pursuing him is because Richardson may not qualify.

If we sign Reed and Ambles we are overloaded at WR and I think one or two of those guys need to move to DB.  Does anyone have any insight on how close Benton and some of the other are ready to play?  How many receivers will Trooper use in his rotations?  Would Reed and Ambles 'redshirt'?

If we sign Reed and Ambles we are overloaded at WR and I think one or two of those guys need to move to DB.  Does anyone have any insight on how close Benton and some of the other are ready to play?  How many receivers will Trooper use in his rotations?  Would Reed and Ambles 'redshirt'?

What you're saying and asking is pure speculation at this point.  No one can give you a concrete answer. 

I also herr Reed is recruiting Ambles. I'm sorta torn on this one. If his head is screwed on straight and he's willing to take some serious Yoxersise. I say we take him.  But I have some doubt that we ever see him in a AU uniform. I think we have him in the wings as a backup for NSD if we loose any of the big 4

I also herr Reed is recruiting Ambles. I'm sorta torn on this one. If his head is screwed on straight and he's willing to take some serious Yoxersise. I say we take him.  But I have some doubt that we ever see him in a AU uniform. I think we have him in the wings as a backup for NSD if we loose any of the big 4

[/quote

I think it's great if Auburn signs him, and on top of that, if he does screw up and get into trouble the coaches have proven they won't put up with that. With us being deep at the WR position, if for some reason he is dismissed from the team, he can be replaced easily.

Anybody realise we would have a 5 star offense?

Newton

Dyer, Lattimore

Ambles

Coleman

WOW

Reed is a Five star on Scout. :)

So we may wind up with (6) 5* recruits?  Wow!  Even the possibility this close to NSD is amazing.  I knew Chizik would be a great coach when they hired him but did not expect this.  :wedance:

Guest shirley4au9

I really believe that Ambles is ours to lose.. He seems to love the AU Coaching staff, good friends with Cam Newton, and now Trovon Reed is supposedly getting a connection with the kid! i love my tigers.

Forgive my ignorance, but is Reed still commited? Wasn't he catching flak from HS coach and others. Did he visit LSU? Just wondering. I don't need anyone coming back with a smart remark. I just don't know. WDE..I love 'em too. May have been different prospect. I'm really getting confused. Been on this site on and off since 4 this morning.

I really believe that Ambles is ours to lose.. He seems to love the AU Coaching staff, good friends with Cam Newton, and now Trovon Reed is supposedly getting a connection with the kid! i love my tigers.

Forgive my ignorance, but is Reed still commited? Wasn't he catching flak from HS coach and others. Did he visit LSU? Just wondering. I don't need anyone coming back with a smart remark. I just don't know. WDE..I love 'em too. May have been different prospect. I'm really getting confused. Been on this site on and off since 4 this morning.

Reed is still a solid commit for Auburn. The rumor is that Reed has been trying to recruit Ambles to join Auburn's class as well. He was getting pressure from the in-state folks, including his coach, but he's sticking with us.

Reed is commited to us. He took a visit to LSU just for respect for his instate school. He told the coaches that he is an Auburn Tiger

Guest shirley4au9

Reed is still a solid commit for Auburn. The rumor is that Reed has been trying to recruit Ambles to join Auburn's class as well. He was getting pressure from the in-state folks, including his coach, but he's sticking with us.

Thank you for the information..Happy I was wrong.

Newton

Dyer, Lattimore

Ambles

Coleman

WOW

So we may wind up with (6) 5* recruits?  Wow!  Even the possibility this close to NSD is amazing.  I knew Chizik would be a great coach when they hired him but did not expect this.  :wedance:

Well if we are counting Scout rankings Lemonier is also a 5*....

Newton

Dyer, Lattimore

Ambles

Coleman

WOW

Well if we are counting Scout rankings Lemonier is also a 5*....

I think he meant offense side of the ball.

If we get Ambles and Latt look at our offense.

QB Cameron Newton

RB Michael Dyer  Marcus Lattimore  Onterio McCalebb  Dontae Aycock  Mario Fannin

WR Darvin Adams Terrell Zachery  Trovon Reed  Markeith Ambles

OL One of the best in the SEC

That is one hell of an offense

True post sir,I said the other day I can't wait to hear the first interview with our rivals coach " Sir what will you key on with Auburn's offense? answer, Heck if I know!!!!!!!!!!!" Bring em home coaches! :we:

IMO:

QB Newton

RB Aycock, McCaleb, and Dyer or Lattimore(Let them compete to see who gets redshirted)

HB Fannin, Smith

WR Adams, Zachary, Benton, Blake, Ambles

TE Lutz

Archived