Who Will He Sign with?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will He Sign with?

• Auburn
    • Clemson
    • Kentucky

MikeP bringin it with the info!

Nice job on the uni research.

I think we're so anxious about Feb. 3rd we may be getting frustrated with each other.  :dunno:

Still, there's nothing wrong with a little skirmish within the Family. ;)

Peace to the AU family and War Eagle everyone!

:believe:

Phillip Marshall (who just recently stated Howard's visit to Clemson made his commitment to AU even stronger) now thinks that if he takes his OV to KY this weekend, he will most likely end up there. This is the 1st time PM has ever indicated that he thought DJ might really go else ware.

(I hope we keep him though)

I agree about kentucky. Apparently he didn't enjoy clemson and would choose auburn over clemson despite the crowded backfield. But if he likes kentucky and prefers their depth chart he could bolt.  if he does go, who gets his scholly?  A db?

Interesting fact that kinda makes DJ's Kentucky interest make sense: Kentucky signed Lincoln's starting running back from last year, Jonathan George.

Their running back recruiting has been pretty pathetic over the last few years per rivals, but so has their offensive line recruiting.  So, he won't have much competition behind a pathetic offensive line.

I tell you all what.  Lock this thread.  Wait until Lattimore says where he is going.

Then we can give a better guess into DJ's situation.  I know he wants to play RB, but if I were him I'd trust Chizik's defensive eye.  If chizik thinks he can be an all pro safety, thats exactly what I'd be.

That's what I said on another thread.  Safety is a great and fun position to play.  But if Howard decommits within the next couple days, I'd say he knows inside info that Lattimore is going to Auburn.

That is incorrect. I have it from a reliable source in the Athletic department that If we get Latt then DJ is at Clemson. If we lose Latt then we keep DJ.

1.  Whether Howard signs his LOI with Auburn has absolutely nothing to do with Lattimore.

2.  AU is no longer looking at Ahmad Dixon.  Dixon will be a non-qual.

I'm sorry but I disagree with your first point.  I think his signing with Auburn has everything to do with Lattimore and a competitive back field.  He very much wants to play running back and Clemson is giving him the best shot to do so if Auburn has a Lattimore/Dyer backfield.

1.  Whether Howard signs his LOI with Auburn has absolutely nothing to do with Lattimore.

2.  AU is no longer looking at Ahmad Dixon.  Dixon will be a non-qual.

Ahmad Dixon

Markeith Ambles

Victor Beasley

Patrick Swilling

Surprise Recruit - It isn't set in stone that he is coming but as of right now he plans on coming.

There are several others that are already committed to Auburn that might visit this weekend also. I hope to have a list of them sometime tonight or tomorrow.

^^^^^^^^

The comments above were from ST earlier this week so Ahmad still may be in the plan depending on how other pieces fall into place.  

As for the non-qualifier comment-----That's the same thing people said last year about Rollison.  

That is incorrect. I have it from a reliable source in the Athletic department that If we get Latt then DJ is at Clemson. If we lose Latt then we keep DJ.

I thought I heard from someone that DJ did not have a good visit to Clemson and he may take a trip to KY.  If he takes the KY trip, his AU scholly offer will no longer be available to him.

For what it is worth, I believe that Dabo brought the DB coach with him on the home visit.  Seems strange message if he wants to be RB.

Archived