Offical Marcus Lattimore Thread

TAYLORKEETON

Just tring to avoid all the same threads so instead of creating any more Latti threads just post under here. It will avoid all the clatter thanks and WDE BABY!!! :wareagle: :wareagle:

also any new news on Marcus??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted on another topic that I heard he really decided a couple of months ago to go to SC. I hope not, I have had the oppoturtunity to watch him here in high school and he is special. The pressure is really on this young man to stay home. I have read that Stephen Davis has spoken with him. He lives in Columbia these days but has his obvious ties to Auburn.

I posted on another topic that I heard he really decided a couple of months ago to go to SC. I hope not, I have had the oppoturtunity to watch him here in high school and he is special. The pressure is really on this young man to stay home. I have read that Stephen Davis has spoken with him. He lives in Columbia these days but has his obvious ties to Auburn.

As it is with Trovon Reed.  It is just ridiculous.  People think they can make a life decision for someone else.  Honestly, I believe if Marcus and Trovon made their own decisions, then they'd both choose AU.  But, people in their lives are making it hard for them to make their own choices.

I understand your thoughts but the emotional ties can still stress the individual making the decision even without any outside pressure. I understand he grew up going to SC games with his father. You never know. I am really amazed at the maturity level of most of these kids who are physically prepared for the next level but are 17 and 18 years old.

I dont believe the pressure i getting to him. his family released a statement recently saying they didnt want to release anymore interviews. Mostly means to keep the pressure off, so he can decide which number to wear at Auburn.

Im confident we get him, he wants to be Like Ronnie, He wants championships, He loves our offense, he doesnt mind sharing the ball, he has a good relationship with MD, we are currently his leader and he doesnt want that to change.

WDE

Believe me there will always be pressure to keep off a top recruit like this from going out of state.  Never mind that this should be his decision, Spurrier knows that if he doesn't get Lattimore, then this is the beginning of his slip into obscurity and probably will cost him his job. 

That guy is a mook. His reason's for Marcus going to USC are ridiculous. They have three or four 4 * RB's there now at USC and none of them are doing well. Marcus if you are reading this Spurriers offense is a PASS FIRST oriented offense. Auburn's offense is more prone to using the RB. The proof is in the numbers my friend. USC rushing attack for 2009 435 carries for 1,576 yards. AUBURN'S rushing attack is 550 CARRIES FOR 2756 YARDS. I am not trying to be bias just giving you the truth. If you want to win championships and have a shot at the NFL come to Auburn. If you want to go to USC and your biggest accomplishment of your season is just to beat Clemson then I wish you the best of luck. Since 1992 Auburn has put 9 RB's in the NFL. SC under Spurrier I think has put 1 RB in the NFL. You say you see yourself as a Ronnie Brown type of running back then come to Auburn and beat his records. All of the Auburn family will be cheering you on while you do so. We also have the #1 OL recruiting class this year. Your fellow South Carolinian , Eric Mack, will be opening holes for you so you can punish opposing defenses.  Another one of your fellow South Carolinian's, Stephen Davis, came to Auburn and look at the amazing success he had.  I know you have a lot of pressure on you to stay in state but sometimes in your career you have to follow your heart and ask yourself what's best for me and my future. The answer to that would be Auburn. Auburn can give you the opportunity to be great in so many ways. All you have to do is just become part of the family. 

Wow, just......Wow! I have been watching recruiting for several years now and I believe that this is the first time that I have ever seen a smear campaign put together to (in their eyes) help land a player. To call a group of fans delusional, and a team crap that two years removed challenged for the the SEC west for 8 straight years is just ridiculous. To say that Chizik will be fired in 3 years and Malzahn will be gone in the same breath is borderline insane. Because in order for Malzahn to be gone, Auburn will have to do very well, and Chizik will not get fired if we do very well.

everyone talks about Stephen Davis in reference to Lattimore, but why doesn't anyone bring up Kenny Irons?  I know he isn't from SC but he did play there and they wasted his talent until he transferred to Auburn and had a great two year run and had he started his entire junior year and not had injuries his senior year he could have had one of the best two year runs in the history of Auburn.  

Point being, SC = RB purgatory and AU = RB Heaven

I don't know if recruits read these posts. I hope they do.

If so, Marcus, I am from South Carolina. I was born in Abbeville. My home town is a little place called Calhoun Falls, right on the Savannah river. I love South Carolina and most of my family is still there. That being said, by circumstance I ended up at Auburn University. I can tell you for a fact that there is no place like it. The passion, the pride, the enthusiasm for football here is beyond belief. From my first trip into Jordan-Hare stadium I was hooked. Auburn is a special place, with a very special family. You will find more support here than you can believe. Auburn's coaches are "for real".  They are a special breed of men, chosen for their character and high morals, rather than a "win at all cost" reputation.  Auburn is entering a special place and time in the history of our program. We will soon be challenging for the national title, spurred on by the most fantastic offense in the country. We are recruiting the core of that national championship team now. We want you to be a part of that. We need young men of your talent, but especially or your character to come and help take us to the top. You will never regret your decision to come to Auburn. You will tear up every time you hear the Alma Mater. You will join an elite group of men and women who hold the highest traditions and ideals of Auburn University. We are waiting for you. War Eagle!

Looks pretty bad for an "official" thread to have the spelling lvl of your average mullet's education. Actually it's embarrassing. 

Scrambledog, your description to ML regarding what it is like to be an Auburn Tiger is a thing of beauty.  It brought tears to my eyes. 

WDE, Brother!!!

:wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

I didn't want to start another thread just for this, but find it interesting that the sporting news is predicting Lattimore to South Carolina, but Lemonier to Auburn posted yesterday...

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/TheRecruitnik/entry/view/53498/where_will_the_prospects_go_a_week_from_today?

i was feeling really confident about ML for weeks. now, all of a sudden, it seems that 90% of the "experts" (maybe more) are saying he is going to USC. it doesn't look good right now, people. it does not look good.

thoughts?

:wareagle:

i was feeling really confident about ML for weeks. now, all of a sudden, it seems that 90% of the "experts" (maybe more) are saying he is going to USC. it doesn't look good right now, people. it does not look good.

thoughts?

:wareagle:

If ST and Jlee say he is going to AU....I will believe them.

This is a new staff buddy, they will close and they will close well.

Does anyone know what time the in-home visit is scheduled for tonight?  Or how to track that plane that will go to Duncan tonight?  Haha I know I'm a stalker.

Stalking is good. H@ll... we all want to know....

If you really want to track the flight try this site. It works great!

http://flightaware.com/live/

It's a private plane so you probably can't track it....I think we already had this discussion. It's kinda pointless to track their plane anyways, we know where they are gonna be.

Archived