AU recruiting poll

TAYLORKEETON

How many of you though we would be in this spot in recruiting last febuary?  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you though we would be in this spot in recruiting last febuary?

• I did
    • I did NOT
    • I wasnt sure
    • Only if Saban resigned

I sure hoped we would be, but I thought it would take at least one more year to get the recruits rolling in.  I've never been more glad to be so wrong. War Eagle!

I was still skeptical about the hire at this point last year.  Willing to give him every chance possible but still skeptical even though I was excited about his coaching hires.

:we:

I was still skeptical about the hire at this point last year.  Willing to give him every chance possible but still skeptical even though I was excited about his coaching hires.

:we:

Same here.

Honestly, I supported Chizik when he came.  I didn't boo him or show up at the airport disgruntled like some did.  I took a wait and see approach. 

I still thought it would be difficult to balance out the instate talent away from Alabama. 

But, when he pulled in the coaching staff that he did, I knew he meant business and the sky was the limit. 

noob here. i was shocked at chizs hire but i felt like if they gave him a fair shot he would do ok.he is a supergreat d guy. he also seems to be all about class and honor which i really like..........

I too was shocked at the hire.  I was deeply upset too.  I thought AU had settled on someone and couldn't get a "name" hire.  I liked his coaching hires though, and supported him once he was our coach.  I feel at this point I was really wrong to dislike the hiring.  Here is to great things to come!

:wedance:

I was supportive of Chizik's hire (his DC record and previous tenure at Auburn showed a lot of promise), but I did not expect a recruiting class like this.  Most of us were probably lulled into the Tuberville mode of recruiting.  

I expected the Coaching Staff to work hard at recruiting. I had no idea they would be so successful. Their targeted success has astonished me. It is not even close to what I expected. I was hoping maybe top 20 with several Diamonds in the rough.

Had you said when we hired Chizik I would have said no way. But after we got Trooper, Luper, Gus, Thigpen, and Rocker I knew we would have a top 10 class.

there are 7 people with retrograde amnesia who voted in this poll.  nobody could have accurately forseen the accomplishments of this staff.  i am wholly impressed and excited cause for bama...'10s when it ends.

I for one was encouraged when I saw what Chizik was able to do w/recruiting last year in such a short amount of time. I was hopeful for the same this year but wasn't sure how the season would play out.

War Eagle on both counts!

:believe:                                :wareagle:                            :aufb:

Archived