Brabdo Mosley...

TAYLORKEETON

Ok i was wonderin if there is any shot that brandon will get a shot at TE or slot back? ive heard that he has ran a 4.6 to 4.7. imagine his size with his speed at SB, That would take 3 guys to bring him down. id like to see him start off there before he goes to OL. is he gunna get a shot at SB? slotback

well i was thinkin the same thing but we really dont use a FB in our system. i was thinkin play him like how we do fannin and smith.

It may not be a traditional FB position due to formation, but Eric Smith has essentially been playing FB all year.  It's basically a strong I formation with the QB in shotgun. 

Here's Chizik's comment about Mosley after signing day "Brandon Mosley is a great athlete that is a huge tight end/offensive line prospect who we think his potential is unlimited. We think he has some great days ahead of him. He’s such a good athlete he can bring a lot to the table as a tight end or an offensive lineman."

I would imagine that if the coaches are confident in our OL depth they could give him a shot at TE and maybe FB if he really does have 4.6/4.7 speed.  Otherwise, he could add 10 pounds and play OL. 

I think Lutz will start the TE position but one of the Mosley's will probably be in the rotation. But with Brandon, he only needs a few more pounds to be ready for the o-line. It would be nice to have a o-tackle with some speed to stop those speedy d-ends from blitzing the ends.

Archived