Marcus Lattimore Vist Empact

TAYLORKEETON

Do yall think Marcus Lattimores vist to SC wil have an impact on us badly??  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do yall think Marcus Lattimores vist to SC wil have an impact on us badly??

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • IDK

i'm sure the ole ball coach pulled out all the stops for him. They (USCe) haven't had a legitimate running game since George Rogers era (BTW Herschel Walker should've won the heisman in 1980). Spurrier's offense has to have a running game to be effective. He proved that @ UF.

I really think that you guys are overconfident about landing Lattimore. There is simply too much pressure on him to stay in South Carolina. I really wish we would have kept recruiting Seastrunk hard, just in case. Here's to hoping, though.

I would think if he was going to commit to USCe then he would have already.  But you can never tell what a young person will do.  Both Auburn's 1st and 2nd running back (or should be A and 1 running back) will get more carries, yards and yards per carry that USCe first string running back.  Auburn wants to run the ball 60 times per game.  USCe wants to run the ball to balance out a passing offense. 

USCe is 3 deep ALREADY at RB next year with talented guys. If he goes there, he's either just being a fanboy or he doesn't want an NFL career. See Bryce Brown this year? Minus that by 50%, Marcus. That's what you're looking at the next 2-3 years. Kiss the millions out the door. At least at Penn State he'd be the man.

Guest AUpride

USCe is 3 deep ALREADY at RB next year with talented guys. If he goes there, he's either just being a fanboy or he doesn't want an NFL career. See Bryce Brown this year? Minus that by 50%, Marcus. That's what you're looking at the next 2-3 years. Kiss the millions out the door. At least at Penn State he'd be the man.

No way he sits the bench at USCe.. And Penn State has a first round draft pick RB in Evan Royster returning so he wouldn't be "the man".. It's Auburn/USCe at this point, and either school can offer him much playing time.. I just hope he decides he'd rather be at AU!  :wedance:

Even if he goes to South Carolina he'll be running behind a mix and match o-line.  Mike Davis was an amazing running back and looked decent at best because he was at South Carolina.  RBs with a single year of experience at Auburn get a better NFL look than two to three year RBs at USCe (Rudy Johnson).  Not to mention if yor running game is getting stuffed, who is going to take the pressure off of you? Garcia?

Of course not. Garcia will be mediocre again and his line will likely be even worse. So I would expect him being even worse next year. Their fans are really expecting to contend for the East. That's as insane as Arky fans talking about how amazing their recruiting class is

I am thinking that we are Running Back U and we can grab a running back every year if we like. I am thinking that if he comes GREAT, but if not, we can grab another next year. I think people will be surprised by Dontae Aycock. We will be fine if he doesn't come, I hope he does but its not season ending like O-Line.

I am thinking that we are Running Back U and we can grab a running back every year if we like. I am thinking that if he comes GREAT, but if not, we can grab another next year. I think people will be surprised by Dontae Aycock. We will be fine if he doesn't come, I hope he does but its not season ending like O-Line.

I agree Brandon.  We are set at RB this year whether he comes or not.  Would he help??  Absolutely.  Will it break us if he doesn't come??  Absolutely not!!!  I just don't want to see him go to another SEC school.

SC's visit list for this weekend had 15 verbal commits and Marcus.  :dunno:

http://southcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s=184&p=9&c=6&yr=2010

It looks like USCe is having one visitor the week of 1/26 to 2/1 - it looks like a 3* RB that they haven't offered to yet. Should we take this as a sign that they believe there's a big chance Latt will sign somewhere else?

i think we'll be whether he comes or not. see: fannin, mccalleb, smith, aycock,  dyer, and dj howard. that's a pretty good looking stable if you ask me.

Archived