Cam Newton Highlight Vid: GOTTA SEE

TAYLORKEETON

Please don't say Terrell Pryor. I'd go with Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell. Still more Vince Young though.

Speaking of you making videos, you should redo this one by taking out all the pre-snap stuff and changing the music:

Change the music?? What you dont like Gospel music set to football highlights??

Ok Cam is definately gifted and I am very glad we got him, but in every highlight I've seen of him he only looks to his right.  There were several plays where no one was open on the right but the WR on the left was wide open.  He never turns his head and has to run.  Of course he scores a TD most of the time when he does that but he would pay dearly against a solid D and good DC.  Malzahn has his work cut out if he's going to make him an SEC caliber QB by Fall.

He does seem to look to his right more often than his left, but I don't think its anything that CGM won't be able to work out. The more I see of newt, the more I like him.  I think we wil see many  :aufb: and  :tdau: from him!

Speaking of you making videos, you should redo this one by taking out all the pre-snap stuff and changing the music:

Change the music?? What you dont like Gospel music set to football highlights??

No, just not a fan of that song???

Ok Cam is definately gifted and I am very glad we got him, but in every highlight I've seen of him he only looks to his right.  There were several plays where no one was open on the right but the WR on the left was wide open.  He never turns his head and has to run.  Of course he scores a TD most of the time when he does that but he would pay dearly against a solid D and good DC.  Malzahn has his work cut out if he's going to make him an SEC caliber QB by Fall.

GUS will see that he gets all that worked out.

It seemed like his transmission gets stuck.  He pops from first to second really quick but he either doesn't have a third gear or it gets stuck.....translation......He pops straight through the defensive line and most of the linebackers, but I never really saw him pull away.  The cornerbacks always caught him.  I know you can't really expect it from a quarterback but someone that has 4.52 speed and is playing in JUCO should be able to pull away.

We wanted this guy desperately two weeks ago now we're already criticizing him like Chris Todd before he even puts on cleats. Let's let the coaches do their work with him, we'll see him in the A-Day game and that will give us a better idea of what kind of player he will be.

It seemed like his transmission gets stuck.  He pops from first to second really quick but he either doesn't have a third gear or it gets stuck.....translation......He pops straight through the defensive line and most of the linebackers, but I never really saw him pull away.  The cornerbacks always caught him.  I know you can't really expect it from a quarterback but someone that has 4.52 speed and is playing in JUCO should be able to pull away.

Wow, our last two quarterbacks were Chris Todd and Brandon Cox, and you're complaining about Newton's mobility? He looks plenty mobile for a 6'6 245lb guy.

Wow, our last two quarterbacks were Chris Todd and Brandon Cox, and you're complaining about Newton's mobility? He looks plenty mobile for a 6'6 245lb guy.

so true!  :laugh:

:laugh:

Since I'm new to this site I will try to be somewhat humble and non-abrasive. May the force be with me.

I was simply compelled to throw in my $.02 worth. Being a 57 year old Auburn graduate, I go back to the "Shug" Jordan years so I had seen my fair share of Auburn football. After reading some of the comments made in this thread I'm curious to see if someone can show me an Auburn quarterback, youtube maybe, who was capable of throwing 40+ yard passes with such ease, running the ball with such power and agility and has put up the numbers that Newton has. Oh, I guess it is that "junior college" thing! Everyone knows high school gives a coach a much better idea of a player's ability. Besides, he only throws the ball to the right side of the field...............hells bells, I hope Gus Malzahn caught that! Good God, even his transmission gets stuck. Hopefully we can pull the scholarship before it's too late.

I wonder how many of our quarterbacks were capable of throwing the ball 32 yards downfield, across their chests, in a dead run, and lay it into the receivers hands( 3 minutes into the video). Or from his own 35 yard line, with the pocket collapsing around him, lay it in his receivers hands to his opponents 5 yard line(3:23 into the video). I guess his skill level is less than adequate for some Auburn coaches.

Personally I think the young man is going to blow our socks off in a way Auburn people have never seen. With the talent we have now, adding to it this phenomenal recruiting class, I wish he were on campus right now working with our receivers and quarterbacks. After seeing this brief introduction to Gus Malzahn

101( I could kiss him on the mouth) I sometimes start squealing like a little school girl.

If I am wrong I promise I will come back to this site and everyone can feed me a delicious pile of steaming hot crow and I will accept it graciously. In fact I am dining on some right now. When Coach Chizik was hired I had concerns about the offense that we would see. Fortunately I keep a good supply of crow in the freezer just in case.................Son, could you please pass the Tabasco........ thanks.

Oh yes, about being capable of playing in the SEC right away. Which junior college team was at the end of the video that has the orange jerseys with that big T on the side of the helmets? Boy, somebody made a big mistake recruiting this loser!

Since I'm new to this site I will try to be somewhat humble and non-abrasive. May the force be with me.

I was simply compelled to throw in my $.02 worth. Being a 57 year old Auburn graduate, I go back to the "Shug" Jordan years so I had seen my fair share of Auburn football. After reading some of the comments made in this thread I'm curious to see if someone can show me an Auburn quarterback, youtube maybe, who was capable of throwing 40+ yard passes with such ease, running the ball with such power and agility and has put up the numbers that Newton has. Oh, I guess it is that "junior college" thing! Everyone knows high school gives a coach a much better idea of a player's ability. Besides, he only throws the ball to the right side of the field...............hells bells, I hope Gus Malzahn caught that! Good God, even his transmission gets stuck. Hopefully we can pull the scholarship before it's too late.

I wonder how many of our quarterbacks were capable of throwing the ball 32 yards downfield, across their chests, in a dead run, and lay it into the receivers hands( 3 minutes into the video). Or from his own 35 yard line, with the pocket collapsing around him, lay it in his receivers hands to his opponents 5 yard line(3:23 into the video). I guess his skill level is less than adequate for some Auburn coaches.

Personally I think the young man is going to blow our socks off in a way Auburn people have never seen. With the talent we have now, adding to it this phenomenal recruiting class, I wish he were on campus right now working with our receivers and quarterbacks. After seeing this brief introduction to Gus Malzahn

101( I could kiss him on the mouth) I sometimes start squealing like a little school girl.

If I am wrong I promise I will come back to this site and everyone can feed me a delicious pile of steaming hot crow and I will accept it graciously. In fact I am dining on some right now. When Coach Chizik was hired I had concerns about the offense that we would see. Fortunately I keep a good supply of crow in the freezer just in case.................Son, could you please pass the Tabasco........ thanks.

Oh yes, about being capable of playing in the SEC right away. Which junior college team was at the end of the video that has the orange jerseys with that big T on the side of the helmets? Boy, somebody made a big mistake recruiting this loser!

:bow: The force is strong with this one.... strong indeed. Couldn't have said it better myself!

Welcome to Auburn Eagle!!!

:laugh:

Actually our last two quarterbacks were Chris Todd and Kodi Burns  ;D

Archived