Chad Slade commits to Auburn

toolshed

The in-state two-sport standout has committed to the Auburn football team.

6'6", 320 lb lineman with a 3.0 GPA, and two sport standout.  I like!    :tdau:

His max bench press of 325 having a weight of 316 is a little low but Yox will fix that.  Him being a basketball player at 316lb. says a whole lot for his athleticism.  Great potential.

His max bench press of 325 having a weight of 316 is a little low but Yox will fix that.  Him being a basketball player at 316lb. says a whole lot for his athleticism.  Great potential.

True, and the bench max may be down due to the basketball...The bench press does nothing for your jump shot, believe me.

Remember the OL Georgia signed out of Alabama last year  Ben  ?...when he committed nobody knew who he was but he ended up starting at center for them last year and is a great OL....Many OL who don't hit the camp circuit get missed.....

it's possible that he's simply just honest about his max bench. 325 is a lot of weight for a 16 or 17 year old to be lifting, regardless of your size.  i always crack up when i see 160 lb WRs claim outrageous numbers like 350 lb benches and 425 squats.  another trend now is that every skill player runs at least a 4.4 when many NFL players are just a 4.5 or 4.6. 

Remember the OL Georgia signed out of Alabama last year  Ben  ?...when he committed nobody knew who he was but he ended up starting at center for them last year and is a great OL....Many OL who don't hit the camp circuit get missed.....

His name is Ben Jones, and he's from my home town.  He played in 5-A, like Slade, but was definitely under the radar even though he was an all-state center and later an Under Armour All-American. This guy was a national wrestling champion at a younger age, lived 30 minutes from T-Town, but it took a camp in Atlanta for UGA to notice him.  Bama offered right after that at their camp, but it was too late.  Jones grew up a UGA and AU fan, and his parents graduated from UGA.

it's possible that he's simply just honest about his max bench. 325 is a lot of weight for a 16 or 17 year old to be lifting, regardless of your size.  i always crack up when i see 160 lb WRs claim outrageous numbers like 350 lb benches and 425 squats.  another trend now is that every skill player runs at least a 4.4 when many NFL players are just a 4.5 or 4.6. 

I partially agree with this, but if you're around athletics enough, you might be surprised, in the beginning, at how many smaller guys have as much or more power as some bigger ones.  Power doesn't necessarily come in small packages, but it definitely comes in different and, at times, surprising ones.

The guy weighs 315 he doesn't have to bench 400lbs ( which he will eventually) its Murphy's Law. I know plenty of small guys who bench over 300 but they are not going to push this guy around. Besides bench is just one aspect of it and the weight programs he is on now doesn't even compare to a college athletes. I doubt hes even working out much being a two sport athlete. Chill we'll makem a beast!!!!!!!!

mrdude -When I was in the 160s I benched over 300 with ease. I'm now 238 and I bench over 600; I do 4-6 sets of 10 reps on each arm of 296 lbs on the shoulder press machine. There are some people like myself & my grandpa that are that strong.

mrdude -When I was in the 160s I benched over 300 with ease. I'm now 238 and I bench over 600; I do 4-6 sets of 10 reps on each arm of 296 lbs on the shoulder press machine. There are some people like myself & my grandpa that are that strong.

Give me some real numbers, dangit!  ;D

it's possible that he's simply just honest about his max bench. 325 is a lot of weight for a 16 or 17 year old to be lifting, regardless of your size.  i always crack up when i see 160 lb WRs claim outrageous numbers like 350 lb benches and 425 squats.  another trend now is that every skill player runs at least a 4.4 when many NFL players are just a 4.5 or 4.6.  

I partially agree with this, but if you're around athletics enough, you might be surprised, in the beginning, at how many smaller guys have as much or more power as some bigger ones.  Power doesn't necessarily come in small packages, but it definitely comes in different and, at times, surprising ones.

my point (though i probably didn't make it clear enough) wasn't that it's impossible some of these kids were putting up those numbers, my point was that i doubt that almost every kid nowadays benches and squats 3 times their bodyweight while also having NFL speed.  there's a few kids every year that legitimately put up big numbers, but i think the rest are just inflating their numbers.

Other than what I've been reading, I don't know that much about Chad. If anyone knows has more info on him, please tell me. Thanks.

it's possible that he's simply just honest about his max bench. 325 is a lot of weight for a 16 or 17 year old to be lifting, regardless of your size.  i always crack up when i see 160 lb WRs claim outrageous numbers like 350 lb benches and 425 squats.  another trend now is that every skill player runs at least a 4.4 when many NFL players are just a 4.5 or 4.6.  

I partially agree with this, but if you're around athletics enough, you might be surprised, in the beginning, at how many smaller guys have as much or more power as some bigger ones.  Power doesn't necessarily come in small packages, but it definitely comes in different and, at times, surprising ones.

my point (though i probably didn't make it clear enough) wasn't that it's impossible some of these kids were putting up those numbers, my point was that i doubt that almost every kid nowadays benches and squats 3 times their bodyweight while also having NFL speed.  there's a few kids every year that legitimately put up big numbers, but i think the rest are just inflating their numbers.

There is, no doubt, truth surrounding the exaggeration of numbers given to recruits, but don't forget the big-time improvements of strength and conditioning programs all over the nation as well as the probability of steroids with some athletes.  And, though you can't give a guy more quick-twitch fibers and resulting world-class speed, speed clinics, and good athletic programs can and do improve a dedicated athlete's 40-time - in some cases dramatically.

Who's Mr. Dude? First off are u serious. 2nd are u serious. Great first comment.

:dunno::pcprobs:

Good point MrDude-I have a hard time finding people to spot for me-even when I lived in ATL.-jphillips -yes I'm serious & you can come watch me lift at the Poiciana, FL YMCA. Come down I just bought a house and in few weeks I'll have the guest bedroom ready.

Good point MrDude-I have a hard time finding people to spot for me-even when I lived in ATL.-jphillips -yes I'm serious & you can come watch me lift at the Poiciana, FL YMCA. Come down I just bought a house and in few weeks I'll have the guest bedroom ready.

What is your revilance to this post this is an AUBURN MESSAGE BOARD. Now that thats out of the way theres no way your serious. :devil:

Well like most...I'm not worried about his numbers at this point in his career....I want to know if anyone knows what type of ball player he is? Has anyone seen him play? I'm sure if the coaches offered he's a worthy enough player...but just curious if anyone has seen him play?

Thank u AUAUNT for a good question johnjacob was driving me nuts.WDE :we:

I dont know his stats but hes a big smart kid and like i said before hes a two sport athlete so he has to have some agility. IMO since he has commited they will evaluate him on Scout and Rivals soon.

Archived