Bikers in the Columbus/Phenix City area

AuburnSoldier

Anybody out there want to get a group ride together to one of the early season home games?  Its just a thought, but it could turn out to be a good day of riding, football, and fellowship.

War Eagle!

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

No you're not the only one. Sad part is, I'm currently bikeless. Well, almost... I have the wife's Honda Rebel 250cc... Put my 250 lb frame on that thing though... 250cc under a 6'1" 250lb frame = funny sight.

See you like Victories, nice rides.

I started on a 1990 Suzuki VX800, went to a 2005 Honda CBR600RR (crotch rocket) in 05. Had a woman lose control of her car in 06, slide through the median on Hwy 431, hit the car right next to me head on at over 75 mph, both of them took me out. Ended up with 1" skull fracture, broken wrist, thumb & severe rashed knees... Blue jeans lose the battle with pavement... Healed up, got a settlement, bought a POS,,, 2007 Suzuki M109R. Got rid of it.

Had a woman lose control of her car in 06, slide through the median on Hwy 431, hit the car right next to me head on at over 75 mph, both of them took me out. Ended up with 1" skull fracture, broken wrist, thumb & severe rashed knees... Blue jeans lose the battle with pavement... Healed up, got a settlement, bought a POS,,, 2007 Suzuki M109R. Got rid of it.

glad to hear you made it out of that and healed up man. so many people will tell you that bikes are dangerous, but what they forget to mention is that the only reason the statement maybe true is because of all the stupid car drivers out there  :banghead:

I don't want to see any man on a Rebel.  It doesn't matter how big/small you are.  ;D  I'm glad you made it out of that accident OK.  I'm even more impressed that you were willing to ride again after that. 

Why didn't you like the M109?  They look pretty sharp, but I never was really into Suzuki Cruisers because of their small gas tanks. 

Thanks guys. I'm just thankful that I don't remember none of the crash or the pain in the first week, thanks to the head trauma. I would talk to folks and carry on with them in the hospital and I don't remember none of it, thankfully. When I started getting back to 'normal' that's when the rough part started, 10 days later. the crash was in April of 06 and that Sept I got the M109. It was ok, it just never filled the desire that my CBR did. I thought at 34 years old that I was ready for a cruiser. Then one problem after another, I had to put it in the shop half a dozen times in 8 months and 5 of those was winter time.... In the mean time I had a daughter that turned 16 and had to get her a car so Dad's toy had to go....

Soldier --- it was a fun cruiser, I just tried to go to the 'laid back' style to soon. As far as the bike problems, A couple of the failures was due to my right hand twisting habit... Most were due to the 9 being a new model at the time and Suzuki didn't get all the bugs out before production.

Archived