What kind of impact will the NEW #5 have?

PigskinPat

Javon Robinson is one that I have been excited about since we signed him. His comments about us forgetting Yeldon or he hasn't done his job has made me absolutely love this kid and I can't wait to see him take the field. What kind of impact do yall think he'll have this year and what is your under/over on total yards he gets this season? I hang up and listen....

Let me set it at 650 yards. Over or under?

Not to toss cold water on your dreams, but way, way under. O-mac will get his carries and the main RB, barring injury, will be Tre Mason. Blakeley and Grant both have a year on our new #5. I wouldn't be surprised to see Robinson red-shirt.

Let me set it at 650 yards. Over or under?

Not to toss cold water on your dreams, but way, way under. O-mac will get his carries and the main RB, barring injury, will be Tre Mason. Blakeley and Grant both have a year on our new #5. I wouldn't be surprised to see Robinson red-shirt.

Talent and depth ahead of Robinson likely means a RS season for him but... If he plays this season with no injuries to the other backs, it likely means the staff thinks he is special. He's already impressed them with his work ethic thus far.

He won't redshirt but way under.

OMac and Tre will be 1-2, Grant figures to be big on special teams so that somewhat limits his carries in the backfield. My guess is Blakely and JRob split duty as the 3rd back. JRob is really our only short-yardage back this season. He'll play.

Blakely will be the best of the bunch when/if he pulls his head out of his ass

I think we have questions at RB, not sure who is exactly going to be that effective inside runner. May be Tre Mason can get the job done or it could be Blakely, Robinson or Grant.

Quite a bit will depend on our ability to move the chains against SEC defenses, which we know is tough. So having a 220 lb back could be a big deal. I think he will get a lot of carries but under 500 yds this year, just because he will have to share.

To answer your question, not a huge impact this season.

So....more like 600 yards? J/K. Looking at the depth in front of him, it may be hard for him to get significant carries this season. I expect him to get some yardage in clean-up roles in the gimme games. Bottom line, I think this kid has a chance to be special for us. What do you guys that feel he will see field think he'll get yardage wise?

No use wasting a year of eligibility to get him a few carries with all of the other talent we have on board, so I say RS. Remember, we are running a much more sophisticated offense and it is not really fair to throw a true freshman into that. Give him a year to learn the offense.

He's proving to be as advertised, a solid receiving threat @ RB and that's too valuable in a Scott Loeffler O to redshirt. I won't be surprised if he returns some kickoffs too this year. IMHO, he'll end 2012 w/ a higher ratio of catching vs running yards than he'll have the rest of his college career because he'll end up proving to be more than a utility back and one of the 3 backfield go-to RBs Loeffler likes to have, when all's said & done.

Honestly, no one not even the coaches can answer this question yet. They just had their first day in shells today. Wait til they put the pads on and get a scrimmage in, then we'll talk.

No redshirt! I think under but he will come in as a Power back in short yardage situations. He is really the only between the tackles RB we have. Putting him behind the hulk and let him eat.

Archived