AU Recreation and Wellness Center Update (PHOTOS)

RunInRed

Auburn University Recreation and Wellness Center

Size: 240,000 sq ft

Cost: $50,000,000

Completion Date: April 2013

auburnwellness10_fs.jpg

auburnwellness9_fs.jpg

auburnwellness7_fs.jpg

auburnwellness5_fs.jpg

auburnwellness4_fs.jpg

auburnwellness2_fs.jpg

auburnwellness1_fs.jpg

The new Recreation and Wellness Center project will provide approximately 240,000 sqft of recreational spaces for Auburn students and faculty and staff to use in their pursuit of a healthier lifestyle. The proximity of the new facility creates a direct link to the new Student Village Housing and the existing Intramural Fields. This location also provides a convenient relationship to the Martin Aquatics Center and existing tennis courts. Proposed amenities for the project include Indoor Walking/Running Track, Cardio/Fitness Training Areas, Weight Training Areas, 6 Regulation Size Basketball Courts, Outdoor Leisure Pool, Rock Climbing Wall, Group Exercise Studios, Outdoor Recreation (Canoes, Kayaks, Bikes, Trips, etc.), Multi-Purpose Court (Indoor Soccer), Locker Rooms, Golf Simulator Rooms, Multi-Purpose/Activity Rooms, Game Room, Meeting Rooms , Racquetball Courts, and Sand Volleyball The project is currently slated for a Spring 2011 start date. Among the many challenges facing the development of the new building will be working with and around the existing site topography and surrounding structures. Another key consideration will be the ability to provide a facility that corresponds with the overall image and character of the Auburn campus.

http://www.robinsmor...ellness-center/

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Zen garden inside the Rec and Wellness Center

BSOVx6vIMAAAWM_.jpg

The Tiger Paw hot tub has a life guard...

BSOW_KbIUAAa0qX.jpg

The swimming pool as a real shallow end, that is (apparently) perfect for putting tanning chairs in.

BSOX-9PIYAARprS.jpg

On top of the 6 bball courts, there are 2 courts for soccer, volleyball, badminton, basketball.

BSOYn_cIMAAz8SW.jpg

Entrance to locker rooms at Rec and Wellness Center

BSOZpSyIcAAhcYw.jpg

The walls leading to the locker rooms have these

BSOZ3EkIgAAf1X6.jpg

Outdoor deck on 2nd floor overlooks the Swimming and Diving team's pool. And has mini rockwall

BSOa-KzIcAAYsJ3.jpg

New 50 foot tall rock wall at Rec and Wellness Center

BSEkL-DIgAAybHG.jpg

Beach volleyball court next to the tennis court (which is by the pool. Wet tennis anyone?)

BSOcjXJIcAA-Ydx.jpg

@clintau24

I'm not going to lie....it's nice and I'm enjoying it. Of course I pay a fee but it's still a nice setup.

Damn! I wish I was a student again!!! Holy crap!! I'd never leave pool side, so I could meet the honeys!!

Archived