Tuscaloosa shooting

meat

GEG - But this guy really was a swell fella. I mean, he just ran into a bit of bad luck,and fell in w/ the wrong crowd....

Could happen to anyone!

:poke:

Just when he was turning his life around.... :slapfh:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so disgusting.

How did he have so many assault rifles? Why is this okay? Is the militia mentality any better than the inner city gang mentality?

I have to apologize. Turning this tragedy into a debate about firearms, especially assault rifles, does not honor the victims. I should probably just stick with saying that it is senseless.

Yes you should.

I only see 2 guns total in those images, an AK and a MAC-10. Both completely legal in semi-automatic form.

I know people with a lot more long guns than that, myself included.

Either way, the guy is an idiot.

Well, since you made it about the guns, I'll respond.

What is the point of public availability of either of those guns? Were they created for any reason other than to mame and kill humans? I guess I think of it similarly to collecting explosive materials.

I do have an appreciation for the 2nd amendment and for hunting. However, it seems clear that availability of these kinds of firearms does lead to more injuries and more episodes. Where is the public good?

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Sometimes it's necessary to maim an/or kill stupid, bat-shyte crazy humans with firearms (e.g. the shooter at the tuscaloosa bar, for instance.) Click on the link I provided earlier & watch the surveillance video of an armed robbery in progress being stopped by a 71-yr old citizen with a handgun. The guy is a hero for averting the robbery & preventing a similar tragedy like the tuscaloosa shootings.

I saw that video today, that was totally awesome, except the fact he didn't hit the SOB robber with the gun center mass. Good for citizens to stand up for others safety. Make it where the cost of committing crime is too high!!

The bigger problem is our defective judicial system which is fueled by greedy lawyers and judges, and those who want to be politically correct. Way too many criminals are repeat offenders. If they actually paid for their crimes instead of getting a slap on the wrist and then being released back into society, there would be a lot fewer victims in this country.

So, it's illegal for him to own a gun. It's illegal to have guns in bars. It's illegal to discharge weapons in town. It's illegal to shoot people.

So, the only reasonable thing to do is make it illegal for everyone to own rifles and/or handguns.

\scarcasm

The bigger problem is our defective judicial system which is fueled by greedy lawyers and judges, and those who want to be politically correct. Way too many criminals are repeat offenders. If they actually paid for their crimes instead of getting a slap on the wrist and then being released back into society, there would be a lot fewer victims in this country.

I'd say "greedy lawyers" are the problem! Do we all agree?

Exactly. A person who commits a felony, should serve felony time......bottom line.

Archived