Tuscaloosa shooting

meat

Guy turned himself in at a FedEx office in Jasper. JPD took the man into custody.

Good, a peaceful conclusion to an otherwise egregious act.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting comments from the FedEx store owner. WARNING - TUSCALOOSA NEWS LINK

http://www.tuscaloos...Square-shooting

Seriously it took them 8 mins to show up come on!

Jasper PD. It took TPD 2 minutes to get to the bar last night after the first 911 call.

My prayers for all victims and families in Tuscaloosa.

My prayers also for the psychos that are so mentally screwed up that they think it's okay to start spraying bullets into crowd. A similar thing happend in Toronto (not the US) last night:

http://worldnews.msn...__utmk=74159762

As for gun control (A topic we should probably move to another forum/thread):

I'm libertarian enough to believe it's not the government's business what weapons, drugs, literature, or sexual practices consenting responsible adults tolerate in their own homes, so I have nothing against gun ownership even though I choose not to have one myself. These sort of mass shootings, along with trivial private arguments that turn violent or teenagers electing to "pop a cap" in someone for being "dissed", make me worry about the mass availability of firearms, though.

This is exactly what worries me, as well.

My prayers for all victims and families in Tuscaloosa.

My prayers also for the psychos that are so mentally screwed up that they think it's okay to start spraying bullets into crowd. A similar thing happend in Toronto (not the US) last night:

http://worldnews.msn...__utmk=74159762

As for gun control (A topic we should probably move to another forum/thread):

I'm libertarian enough to believe it's not the government's business what weapons, drugs, literature, or sexual practices consenting responsible adults tolerate in their own homes, so I have nothing against gun ownership even though I choose not to have one myself. These sort of mass shootings, along with trivial private arguments that turn violent or teenagers electing to "pop a cap" in someone for being "dissed", make me worry about the mass availability of firearms, though.

Let's have the topic here since it started here. Handguns properly handled by law-abiding citizens are most defintiely NOT the problem: http://www.gainesville.com/article/20120716/ARTICLES/120719707/1109/sports?Title=Video-shows-patron-shooting-robbers-at-Palms-Internet-Cafe

This is so disgusting.

How did he have so many assault rifles? Why is this okay? Is the militia mentality any better than the inner city gang mentality?

I have to apologize. Turning this tragedy into a debate about firearms, especially assault rifles, does not honor the victims. I should probably just stick with saying that it is senseless.

This is so disgusting.

How did he have so many assault rifles? Why is this okay? Is the militia mentality any better than the inner city gang mentality?

I have to apologize. Turning this tragedy into a debate about firearms, especially assault rifles, does not honor the victims. I should probably just stick with saying that it is senseless.

Yes you should.

I only see 2 guns total in those images, an AK and a MAC-10. Both completely legal in semi-automatic form.

I know people with a lot more long guns than that, myself included.

Either way, the guy is an idiot.

I saw this guy's facebook before they took it down. Seems like a tremendous asswipe. And he's watched way too many episodes of Sons of Anarchy.

Here's a pic of him with his assault rifles:

https://twitter.com/...1825280/photo/1

For real.

How would you like your daughter to bring him home for dinner?

I saw this guy's facebook before they took it down. Seems like a tremendous asswipe. And he's watched way too many episodes of Sons of Anarchy.

Here's a pic of him with his assault rifles:

https://twitter.com/...1825280/photo/1

For real.

How would you like your daughter to bring him home for dinner?

I have way more guns than him, and I'll have several out being cleaned when he arrives...

Seems like this guy thinks, when the revolution starts, college students will be the first to go.

This is so disgusting.

Yes you should.

I only see 2 guns total in those images, an AK and a MAC-10. Both completely legal in semi-automatic form.

Well, since you made it about the guns, I'll respond.

What is the point of public availability of either of those guns? Were they created for any reason other than to mame and kill humans? I guess I think of it similarly to collecting explosive materials.

I do have an appreciation for the 2nd amendment and for hunting. However, it seems clear that availability of these kinds of firearms does lead to more injuries and more episodes. Where is the public good?

This is so disgusting.

Yes you should.

What is the point of public availability of either of those guns? Were they created for any reason other than to mame and kill humans? I guess I think of it similarly to collecting explosive materials.

I do have an appreciation for the 2nd amendment and for hunting. However, it seems clear that availability of these kinds of firearms does lead to more injuries and more episodes. Where is the public good?

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Sometimes it's necessary to maim an/or kill stupid, bat-shyte crazy humans with firearms (e.g. the shooter at the tuscaloosa bar, for instance.) Click on the link I provided earlier & watch the surveillance video of an armed robbery in progress being stopped by a 71-yr old citizen with a handgun. The guy is a hero for averting the robbery & preventing a similar tragedy like the tuscaloosa shootings.

This is so disgusting.

Yes you should.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Sometimes it's necessary to maim an/or kill stupid, bat-shyte crazy humans with firearms (e.g. the shooter at the tuscaloosa bar, for instance.) Click on the link I provided earlier & watch the surveillance video of an armed robbery in progress being stopped by a 71-yr old citizen with a handgun. The guy is a hero for averting the robbery & preventing a similar tragedy like the tuscaloosa shootings.

A handgun is very different from assault rifles.

I guess your hope is that you have more fire power than some random person who might come at you. That kind of fearful living is quite sad.

And, yes, I understand the difference between the 2nd Amendment and hunting. I was simply referring to some very strong legal and cultural ties to guns.

This is so disgusting.

Yes you should.

First, I agree that this forum is not the place for this discussion. Second, we should all be very careful about wanting the government to protect the public good rather than protecting the rights of individual citizens. It will lead to our downfall.

This is so disgusting.

Yes you should.

First, I agree that this forum is not the place for this discussion. Second, we should all be very careful about wanting the government to protect the public good rather than protecting the rights of individual citizens. It will lead to our downfall.

Agreed. Guns when placed into the hands of citizens that are not nuts are completely safe. Im a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and will always support it.

Do away with pistol permits for concealed carry. I dont understand why the citizens that are allowed to carry and own firearms have to pay a tax. Make those that cant carry or own firearms pay a tax and require them to carry a card that says they cant. I know sex offenders are suppost to have that on their DL. I dont see why they cant make it to where felons and people convicted of domestic violence are required to have and indication on their DL also. Just seems backwards to me.

This is an example of having a legally armed citizen defending himself and others against armed robbers. There are more of these type stories, but they rarely make the national news. And yes this could have gone badly the other way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2175170/Harrowing-moment-elderly-internet-cafe-goer-guns-robbers-chases-door.html

So, what's the latest with this dirtbag ? Was he trying to impress some biker gang, and show what a bad-a he was ? Or was he going after someone in particular ?

:gofig:

Well, turns out the guy had a rap sheet a mile long. And was a convicted felon.

So, technically, for him guns were illegal. All guns. Not just assault rifles. Guns being illegal didn't stop this shooting spree. Sort of supports the notion that making guns illegal won't stop the shootings. People like this guy aren't going to be worried about a secondary gun charge when he's also going to be charged with murder (in this case attempted).

Dirt bag says he wanted the cops to kill him but got scared and left. If he wanted to die why not just take one of those hand guns that he was pictured with and put it to his head? Why shoot up a bar in the process? I'm so sick of reading on FB about what a great guy he was. HELLO - Good guys don't shoot up bars, burn businesses or shoot others (charged with shooting in Northport.) Good guys also don't have a felony rap sheet like this guy. Why not just say you were surprised by his actions and not try to claim he was a good guy.

GEG - But this guy really was a swell fella. I mean, he just ran into a bit of bad luck,and fell in w/ the wrong crowd....

Could happen to anyone!

:poke:

Archived