Beautiful and Scary Roads

That circular bridge is the craziest thing I've seen.

And that road through that sheer cliff... looks like something from some fantasy story.

Last summer my wife and I drove up US HWY 1 or Pacific Coast Highway ("PCH") for most of California. Just south of Monterey Bay is a place called Ragged Point. Words nor pictures cannot describe the breath taking scenes on the most nerve wrecking road I have every seen. That 30 mile stretch felt like we were hanging off the end of the world.

Last summer my wife and I drove up US HWY 1 or Pacific Coast Highway ("PCH") for most of California. Just south of Monterey Bay is a place called Ragged Point. Words nor pictures cannot describe the breath taking scenes on the most nerve wrecking road I have every seen. That 30 mile stretch felt like we were hanging off the end of the world.

That is a beautiful stretch of road

There are some roads in Italy that'll make you a bit anxious, especially with Italians on the road with you.

The cliff road--wow. I usually don't cringe at stuff like that but that road is worse than any I've driven.

I question if some of those are real. Some of them don't look like photos but paintings. The fact that there are no locations listed, increases my suspicion.

This photo is of the million dollar highway outside durango Colorado. Narrow road, few guard rails, and long drop offs make it interesting to drive.

1272_fit588x588.jpg

This photo is of the million dollar highway outside durango Colorado. Narrow road, few guard rails, and long drop offs make it interesting to drive.

1272_fit588x588.jpg

Falling rocks are an issue on that road as well.

It seems they are real.

Most Dangerous Roads In The World.

link

Most Dangerous Roads In The World. Part 2.

link

The Avenue Toward Heaven – China’s Scariest Road

link

haunted bridge, ashland, ohio..

link

atlantic-ocean-road12.jpg

No, this is not a ramp to launch spaceships. It is a bridge on one of Norway's most scenic and popular tourist roads - the Atlantic Ocean Road (Atlanterhavsveien in Norwegian). The bridge named Storseisundet makes a sharp bend as it jumps over a number of small islands and waterways. The approach to the bridge looks scary as the bridge seems to end abruptly and as if any attempt to proceed would result into the vehicle flying out and dropping into the waters below.

12 Most Unusual Bridges of the World

link

Hureai-Bridge-Japan-300x199.jpg

The Hureai Bridge was built in 1998

World's Unique Streets and Roads

link

Pictures of the most unusual and unique bridges around the world. Images of beautiful and weird bridge designs.

link

I've driven on some of those mountain roads in Western Europe and New Zealand. They are winding, narrow and sometimes one lane, but they usually have guard rails.

Those 3rd world places are unreal. I want nothing to do with them as they may be poorly maintained and have no guard rails at all. The kind of places where you hear about buses falling off and killing dozens of people.

Archived