2013 3* LB Cameron Toney signs with AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clifford Toney, from Huntsville, was a pretty darn good defensive back at Auburn 1977 -1980 and later played with the Edmonton Oilers in the CFL. Does anyone know if Cameron and Clifford are related? Clifford's son, perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...

Clifford Toney, from Huntsville, was a pretty darn good defensive back at Auburn 1977 -1980 and later played with the Edmonton Oilers in the CFL. Does anyone know if Cameron and Clifford are related? Clifford's son, perhaps?

I don't think there's any relation

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith Niebuhr?@KeithRIVALSReply

Retweet

Favorite

Open

LB Cameron Toney of Huntsville (Ala.) tells me there's a "50-50" chance he will commit to #Auburn during his visit this wknd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Keith Niebuhr?@KeithRIVALSReply

Retweet

Favorite

Open

LB Cameron Toney of Huntsville (Ala.) tells me there's a "50-50" chance he will commit to #Auburn during his visit this wknd

Bird already said this.  :laugh:

Okay, I'm going to start by saying I haven't kept up with recruiting as much the past little while as I usually have, but it seems that AU fans across all fans are giddy about the possibility of getting this guy. Aside from 247, none of the recruiting services seem very high on him. Could someone enlighten me?

Okay, I'm going to start by saying I haven't kept up with recruiting as much the past little while as I usually have, but it seems that AU fans across all fans are giddy about the possibility of getting this guy. Aside from 247, none of the recruiting services seem very high on him. Could someone enlighten me?

I've heard from people in that area that the kid can flat out play and is a steal right now. That includes bama fans too. Plus with us taking a little bit smaller of a class this year, if the coaches are willing to accept a commit this early than you can bet he can play.

Played football at huntsville high a couple of years ago, when I get back to huntsville after exams, i'll go by the spring practice and see if i can check out his play style.

LB Cameron Toney of Huntsville (Ala.) tells me there's a "50-50" chance he will commit to Auburn during his visit this wknd

@KEITHRivals

10838351-large.jpg

*247Sports photo

Cameron Toney, LB

Huntsville, AL

6'3 / 225

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Mississippi State, Purdue, Tennessee and Vanderbilt, among others.

2011 Stats: 120 tackles, 8 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 3 interceptions, and 3 pass break-ups.

Recruiting Profiles

247Sports

ESPN

Rivals

Scout

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1UB8qwaBrSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ul2m6Pa_11s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@THEtreyjohnson: @CToney47 that's why were both going there! War eagle baby!!

@CToney47: @THEtreyjohnson yeah I'm.with you on that one. There's no better place than AU!!

:thumbsup:  :wareagle:

Archived