2013 3* LB Cameron Toney signs with AU!

RunInRed

Hope RF changes his mind, but let's not forget that we have this fine young man committed to us. Just for reference, Cam Toney is ranked considerably higher than Josh Bynes coming out of high school. Josh now has a NC ring and a Superbowl Championship ring. WDE

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cam Toney with Kam Melton, Jeremy Johnson, Carl Lawson, Tashawn Bower and Johnathan Ford

interesting j ford is in that group of names he's the only one listed not comitted hmmm

I'm so thankful we've got this kid. After watching the recruitment of another, it really puts into perspective what a treasure we've got here. WDE.

I'm so thankful we've got this kid. After watching the recruitment of another, it really puts into perspective what a treasure we've got here. WDE.

++

++

Amen!

I like this kid. This is the type of young man who wants to be at AU. He's going to give it his all week after week.

I figure we dodged a bullet last night but mods didn't appreciate my comments and deleted me...but that's ok. Regardless of last night's event, we have some great young guys committed to AU at this moment and I don't worry much about the ones we lose.

I like this kid. This is the type of young man who wants to be at AU. He's going to give it his all week after week.

I agree completely. I think to a point we forget (due to the drama of some recruits) that many we have (Toney, Bower, Lawson) have been on the up and up and are coming in with what seems to be a chip on their shoulder. I want to see the hunger and the fire back in our guys eyes, and I see that with a lot of those mentioned above, as well as Harding, CAP, etc...

I agree completely. I think to a point we forget (due to the drama of some recruits) that many we have (Toney, Bower, Lawson) have been on the up and up and are coming in with what seems to be a chip on their shoulder. I want to see the hunger and the fire back in our guys eyes, and I see that with a lot of those mentioned above, as well as Harding, CAP, etc...

I've noticed a little fire in some of our current players as well, which is more encouraging. We need leadership!

I know its cliche' but its true:

I want players who realize the name on the front of their jersey is more important than the name on the back.

War Eagle Cam!

I wouldnt be opposed to removing names and replacing with "team" "unity" or "war eagle" in its place.

I want players who realize the name on the front of their jersey is more important than the name on the back.

War Eagle Cam!

I wouldnt be opposed to removing names and replacing with "team" "unity" or "war eagle" in its place.

Putting "War Eagle" on the back would be pretty cool!

War Eagle Cam!

Putting "War Eagle" on the back would be pretty cool!

Yep, or WDE

They could just go the NCAA 2013 route and put positions.

QB 11

RB 25

OLB

MLB

S

CB

etc.

I'm gonna stick with "War Eagle"

Thats high schoolish

Well call me a 36 yo highschooler then. I think it shows a team over individual emphasis

War Eagle Cam!

I liked Pat Dye's approach - no names anywhere. Said it's a 'team' sport so no individual names..

Hope RF changes his mind, but let's not forget that we have this fine young man committed to us. Just for reference, Cam Toney is ranked considerably higher than Josh Bynes coming out of high school. Josh now has a NC ring and a Superbowl Championship ring. WDE

Not accurate that Toney is ranked higher than Bynes out of high school. Toney is a 3 star on scout and rivals while Bynes was a 4 star on scout and rivals (#9 inside linebacker in the nation on Rivals). Not that any of that matters. Bynes only had one other SEC offer, but was offered by teams in the Pac 10, Big 12, and Big East. Toney has 6 SEC offers.

Archived