2013 3* LB Cameron Toney signs with AU!

RunInRed

I am super pumped to have Cam Tony on board. His attitude will be infectious and what we need to fix our problems more than talent in my opinion. He's just what the Dr ordered!

agreed,and I can't remember the last recruit from north Alabama we have gotten. Maybe this will help in that area of the state.

yeah it's been a while. Jason Bosley maybe? Getting Jonathan Ford would be a boost as well.

Quindarious Carr came from the same High School as Cam Toney. I went there myself, I was a sophomore when Q was a senior. Huntsville High I feel gets underrated at times in terms of the talent produced. I kind of blame it on the coaches not getting us out to as many camps to show case some of us.

Not sure about that. But times have changed since I went to Huntsville High. When I played there we went to the Auburn camps during the summer. That was under Coach Patterson though. My last year was under Coach Weisman. My younger cousin played as well after I left and he went to a couple of camps (some on his own time I think). I believe he was in your class actually. I'll PM you his name.

While there we went to auburn twice and troy once. And UNA all three years. I mean i never had a shot at a football scholarship but we had three guys who could have probably gone d-1, all they needed was more notoriety and i just didn't see the coaches really trying to get their name out there. That could just mean i wasn't paying attention but that's just my opinion. Obviously they are getting better with Cam Toney and Grant Hill really showing out this year. Coach Sharp is a good man.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wes Neighbors went to Huntsville. Played against him, if that's what you'd call what I did when I encountered him.

We had a sophomore guard starting against him. Good player. Our coach was going through the scouting report, and J. D. piped up, "I can block him, Coach!"

Coach replied: "Hell no, you can't. He's a G.D. All-American! I just want you to pester him a little."

Best player ever at Huntsville?

Wes Neighbors went to Huntsville. Played against him, if that's what you'd call what I did when I encountered him.

We had a sophomore guard starting against him. Good player. Our coach was going through the scouting report, and J. D. piped up, "I can block him, Coach!"

Coach replied: "Hell no, you can't. He's a G.D. All-American! I just want you to pester him a little."

Probably, the family is practically royalty in huntsville. It was a shame that his grandson wes was "medically red-shirted" at Alabama. His younger brother Connor is currently a walk-on fullback at LSU. Was thoroughly surprised when i heard he went there.

Probably, the family is practically royalty in huntsville. It was a shame that his grandson wes was "medically red-shirted" at Alabama. His younger brother Connor is currently a walk-on fullback at LSU. Was thoroughly surprised when i heard he went there.

Huh. Didn't know that....

talk about the ultimate "shock the world" moment........ signing day.........Cameron Toney Flips! sorry. had to do it.

all jokes aside, I have been a huge fan of CT for a long time. I'm so glad he will be coming onto the plains, and i think his positive outlook and evident work ethic will bring a lot to this team! WDE Cam. Can't wait to see you in the O&B!

I've seen him play several times. Glad he's so committed to the good guys. Looking forward to seeing him change from crimson to Navy Blue.

regardless of RF, Cam IS an Auburn man! other players choices don't break the man that Cam is. he is true Auburn.

One of my favorites.....plus he attends Huntsville High where my kid goes.

Cameron Toney@CToney47

Great weekend with all the recruits. Got all of them saying War Eagle.

One of my favorites.....plus he attends Huntsville High where my kid goes.

Cameron Toney@CToney47

Great weekend with all the recruits. Got all of them saying War Eagle.

I just read that. That's what an Auburn man is all about. Others need not apply.

Archived